Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

About 2cm here (apart from on paths/roads that are a bit warm) which looks quite pretty. 

Didn't sleep too well and probably got 3-4 hours, despite/because I was thinking that I should sleep to recharge for today. Could have slept this morning, but I've been reading the forum and watching that band make painfully slow progress towards here lol.

It had better get here soon though, hazy sun here with the temp up to +0.3C (not forecast) and the snow is starting to melt off some cars etc. Finally seems to be a bit more movement on it.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms

Think it could be game over soon for us on the isle of Wight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

tapering off now......an awesome batch of snow, much more than forecasted & modelled here!.....I don't think there'll be any surprises here today for this neck of the woods so eyes down to Dorset, Cornwall & for my family down in Brixham, Torbay...a dumping there is imminent!

• Like 1

Posted

Snowing very heavy here with much larger flakes.
Settling nicely on top of last nights.

See this morning's forecasts have more snow later this evening.

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Morning all, back from a 2 1/2 hr round trip to bath to get my wife into work as she is a ward manager at the RUH, I have to say my expectations have been surpassed, really heavy snow and at least 4-5 inches

C82268F2-BFFE-48AC-B3EB-5ABA57F9089B.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

This is unbelievable for mid March.

We have around 10-15cm, it's still snowing and some more to come.

It's also currently -1.5c at 9am in mid March

Unbelievable 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.
3 minutes ago, island lad said:

Think it could be game over soon for us on the isle of Wight.

More like 'game paused' (until this evening) - but not without a heavier burst beforehand judging by what's approaching you from the SE.

Also, I'd not be surprised to see a few showers on and off for the rest of the day, so even the 'pause' my not be absolute.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, SteveB said:

This is unbelievable for mid March.

We have around 10-15cm, it's still snowing and some more to come.

It's also currently -1.5c at 9am in mid March

Unbelievable 

Yep some heavier snow coming in soon to give us another few cm.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Morning update: 13 hours of continuous snow in my corner of Wiltshire since 7pm last night has left a covering of 12-15cm everywhere!  Definitely more than the main event two weeks ago and that wasn't too shabby either.  Will have to go for a walk and take some pics as it looks amazing out there!

:snowman-emoji:  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

Yep some heavier snow coming in soon to give us another few cm.

Going out in it soon to take the dog for a walk, probably pop to Sainsburys to get some bread and milk:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

snow picking up again... not expected

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Just getting into some slightly heavier stuff again now, before this band waves us goodbye. Epic. Soon be time to go destroy the beautiful garden with the kids. Then off to find a hill somewhere for sledge fix. Up to 9cm now IMBY. Happy days. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Just done a check on the snow And it’s in between real powdery stuff and slightly moist, so snowman ⛄️ building shouldn’t be an issue. Arsenè mark II will soon be underway ?

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

Just realising how much melt a bit of weak sun and the temp reaching +0.3C has caused to my delicate 2cm. A shame really as that's a potential (going by the forecast) ice day gone.

Ah well, best make the most of today and hope the next lot is heavy enough to overcome any warmth that added to the ground :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

* stop press*

Met office Severe Milk & Bread Shortage Warning - Red Alert

Chief Forecasters Assesment:

Outbreaks of panic milk and bread buying, intermittent at first is forecasted to quickly develop in situ this morning becoming widespread during the afternoon period...Up to 5-10 crates per hour of Milk are expected to disappear locally from local Tesco's with 20-30 in more highly populated areas

Untitled.thumb.png.35d290325d790e5ba48c0b27a7cdd751.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Thinks it's time the snow gods turn on that switch....snow should start to intensify and become more widespread for areas west of the band.

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I gave in to the dogs, couldn't take anymore of their 'let me at it' looks through the doors. Table ruler measures 12cm, add on the non measuring bit at the end and it's closer to 13, still coming down well but much smaller, finer flakes now. Learnt two lessons in the process of taking these.....1st, don't have a ciggie in your mouth whilst raising the camera to take a pic...it's really not good! 2nd, the pop outside crocs kept by the backdoor are NOT suitable footware in 5inches of snow. No fool like an old fool eh.

DSC01950.JPG

DSC01954.JPG

DSC01956.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

7-8cm level 12cm drifts, i prefer this over last time because it has settled evenly all over the ground. Also this time the snow must be wetter because it has stuck to all the cars and trees, like a winter wonderland.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Evening thunder said:

Just realising how much melt a bit of weak sun and the temp reaching +0.3C has caused to my delicate 2cm. A shame really as that's a potential (going by the forecast) ice day gone.

Ah well, best make the most of today and hope the next lot is heavy enough to overcome any warmth that added to the ground :D

It's up to 1.5c here now.  Starting to cloud over to the East, so hopefully that will cap the rise. I'm going insane looking at that meteociel radar.  It's looking more promising than Round 1 and it just has to traverse the South Hams peninsula now.  I'm nervous about snow/rain boundary. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extremes

Just been out...

image.thumb.png.0b1db1399339df838f52925a237c2159.png

and it's stopped snowing here - for now :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

It's belting it down now with big flakes. 

• Like 5