Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
Just now, Mapantz said:

Don't look at the MetO app lol

I did and chose to ignore it on the grounds it’s changed About 12 times today already lol

think I’ll stick the radar and look out the winda tactic now... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
1 minute ago, ajpoolshark said:

yes, I'm about 15 miles SSW of Swindon and it's snowing steadily, a thin covering in places with (fingers crossed) plenty more to come

snowing here too but flakes way to small and not settling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

Still quite light snow here but it has reached the 'nestled' stage on the lawn; the spaces between the blades of grass are filled with snow now.

Just saw a line of about a dozen people walk by outside in heavy winter gear, fellow enthusiasts I wonder? :drinks:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Just now, karlos1983 said:

It worked again.... you couldn’t make it up lol 

I won't count my chickens yet mate....if things develop further south and east as forecasted then my thin covering will pale in comparison as to what you guys along Dorset/Som/Devon and Cornwall will get later

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Just now, Singularity said:

Still quite light snow here but it has reached the 'nestled' stage on the lawn; the spaces between the blades of grass are filled with snow now.

Just saw a line of about a dozen people walk by outside in heavy winter gear, fellow enthusiasts I wonder? :drinks:

nah, more likely Daily Express reading panic milk and bread buying numpties.....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winter, hot summer

Heavy in Weymouth now but only settling on a few cars. Anyone have a reason why we're not seeing this settle properly?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc
Just now, mozzer84 said:

Heavy in Weymouth now but only settling on a few cars. Anyone have a reason why we're not seeing this settle properly?

Was mild this week, ground temperatures are very different to last time. They must have dropped here in Glos, as fine snow is starting to settle. Same should hopefully happen where you are..?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

is the m4 barrier doing its job or something? ITS NOT SETTLING!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Road is still quite wet it seems here.. but settling fine on grass, patio and the porch+roof

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

5aad79d36f522_2018-03-17(1).thumb.png.664440db57cf839f54b4d65777cfd3f6.png 5aad79d86cdcb_2018-03-17(2).thumb.png.27319355333bc43806c7c1e0060f7561.png

mafia.gif

Quite. ?

Posted
2 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Road is still quite wet it seems here.. but settling fine on grass, patio and the porch+roof

Yes, same.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Well it’s something I suppose. :rofl:

C0AC46FD-90AB-474D-8823-D10817112CB0.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Something I've noticed here in Exeter - any melted snow from earlier has now frozen on most surfaces, and a lot of the snow that's falling disappears between showers. That is not to say that it melts, but it appears to sublime (where it changes state instantly from solid to gas). Is it possible that this could be happening with low dewpoints and very dry snow? I can't see much evidence of dampness where the snow was. Though it does seem to be remaining in certain places more than others.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
9 minutes ago, mozzer84 said:

It will take time for warmth to get out of the ground. That's why I have been hoping for heavy snow as this would put a layer between it and the ground and settle more readily ?

Posted

why are the flakes so small? :(

Posted
I wandered lonely as a cloud 
That floats on high o'er vales and hills, 
When all at once I saw a crowd, 
A host, of golden daffodils; 
Beside the lake, beneath the trees, 
Fluttering and dancing in the blizzard-driven snow from a ferocious Easterly,
And a French kiss
]
]
]
Ten thousand saw I at a glance, 
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance. ,,, their heads almost falling off in the blast

Posted
4 minutes ago, Joe Levy said:

Something I've noticed here in Exeter - any melted snow from earlier has now frozen on most surfaces, and a lot of the snow that's falling disappears between showers. That is not to say that it melts, but it appears to sublime (where it changes state instantly from solid to gas). Is it possible that this could be happening with low dewpoints and very dry snow? I can't see much evidence of dampness where the snow was. Though it does seem to be remaining in certain places more than others.

Not this time. Its melting on warm soil/tarmac

Posted

so far, a bit underwhelming

Posted
1 minute ago, Leon1 said:

why are the flakes so small? :(

Dry continental air; flakes dont have much moisture so crystals dont bind together to form large flakes....i think:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow
11 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

is the m4 barrier doing its job or something? ITS NOT SETTLING!!

well i'm north of the M4 by about 60 miles and its not settling on the pavements either so maybe the M4 barrier has shifter ven further north.