Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Dusting on the porch and roof, starting to settle on the pavement and road now

• Like 1

Posted
23 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

a01c7483c24be582afbb7c5494045c8f.jpg

What the actual? Had the beast just used his cruel, cold, iron hairbrush on England?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

I’m off out in an hour or so most of the night for some snow photoshoots up on deverills.

should become quite heavy up there later but I’ll not wait until 6am but prob drive back about 2-3am 

if I get any good shots I’ll post a couple here 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
3 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

GIN!   

:bad::bad: Committed JD girl here. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and ice. The usual.

I can't seriously be the first to mention gin today? Come on you lot, you're letting the side down :nonono:

Still coming down out, extra 0.5mm. Going to make a nanoman in the morning if it stays at this rate.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

I would like to suggest that the forecasts are going slightly wrong now.  I was expecting to get snow here on Oxfordshire later as the top edge of the system that was supposed to deliver for the SW later! But we've had good snow for over an hour here in Wantage and the radar suggests it might keep coming from the showers to our ENE:

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

Meanwhile, the todger shaped warning for the SE doesn't seem to be happening yet.  Just thoughts. 

Edited by Mike Poole
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
Just now, cjwardy said:

So, the radar appears to be sending all the snow NW now. 

Was this expected? 

R u lost? Can't find your way home?:D no the snow from the east looks like making it further west than initially thought. The snow from the south seems to be forecast to be a bit further west with not as much intensity for central south but we will see what happens. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

I would like to suggest that the forecasts are going slightly wrong now.  I was expecting to get snow here on Oxfordshire later as the top edge of the system that was supposed to deliver for the SW later! But we've had good snow for over an hour here in Wantage and the radar suggests it might keep coming from the showers to our ENE:

lastsnowradar_uk.gif

Meanwhile, the todger shaped warning for the SE doesn't seem to be happening yet.  Just thoughts. 

This can only be good for the SW. There's a circulation going on, see how the precipitation in the channel is actually moving east. SW was supposed to get back edge development, but logically I can see it getting a front edge too.

• Like 1

Posted

Coming down here nicely now, medium sized flakes and settling well, cars etc all white!! Henricks on the go already after such a dismal performance by England in the rugby today, need to console myself!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
4 minutes ago, Man With Beard said:

This can only be good for the SW. There's a circulation going on, see how the precipitation in the channel is actually moving east. SW was supposed to get back edge development, but logically I can see it getting a front edge too.

This has me concerned for my locale.... I don’t want to get stuck in a hole, that happened a few years ago and it was sickening! ?

think it was 2009 from memory... but my memory sucks, so could be wrong

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 2

Posted

Good to be in the south west this time around. I was up on Dartmoor at lunchtime, driving through a blizzard and it all looked stunning. I'm now back in Exeter and looking forward, I hope (?), to some serious snowfall later.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I think it looks fine. The HIRLAM even has the gap correct around West Sussex. Some models show PPN intensity increasing around the IoW area circa 10pm, although I still think that's too early.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

DYhCSeLX0AEbbaV.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

This has me concerned for my locale.... I don’t want to get stuck in a hole, that happened a few years ago and it was sickening! ?

When Basingstoke got hammered? I think it is less heavy for our area i.e. Central south but hey I'll take a covering in march?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Fine snow here like last time not quite as heavy, dusting but starting to stick on tarmac too.. ground temp is down, just need some heavier stuff now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
13 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

yes, I'm about 15 miles SSW of Swindon and it's snowing steadily, a thin covering in places with (fingers crossed) plenty more to come

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
7 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

think it was 2009 from memory... but my memory sucks, so could be wrong

Don't look at the MetO app lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
Just now, ajpoolshark said:

yes, I'm about 15 miles SSW of Swindon and it's snowing steadily, a thin covering in places with (fingers crossed) plenty more to come

It worked again.... you couldn’t make it up lol