Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
5 minutes ago, AWD said:

Dry as a bone here.  :nonono:

Some much heavier ppn (snow) heading towards bristol anytime now.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

some snizzly nonsense falling out of the sky, about as much use to a pro snowman designer like me as tits-on-fish.......either get it sorted and release a dumping or bugger off....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, bone chilling wind here and slate grey sky, such a contrast to yesterday! Hubby and his mates have gone out for their usual Saturday morning cycling session, not usually back until early afternoon, can't see them lasting that long today, the METO have us down for heavy snow from 11am :-)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Just now, jethro said:

Morning all, bone chilling wind here and slate grey sky, such a contrast to yesterday! Hubby and his mates have gone out for their usual Saturday morning cycling session, not usually back until early afternoon, can't see them lasting that long today, the METO have us down for heavy snow from 11am :-)

Yes it is snowing very lightly in the wind AKA snizzle but some heavier stuff moving south through Bristol area now so wont be long. :santa-emoji:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !

Been snowing steadily for an hour or so now. Light covering on grass surfaces already ?

Posted
9 minutes ago, AWD said:

Dry as a bone here.  :nonono:

20 years ago i moved over to the 'North side':D

Chucking it down now

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers

Snow band intensifying nicely to the W of London

image.thumb.png.f5c6363bb6f8019ae7282b546c3cf34a.png image.thumb.png.6e2a8f71cead9fc326403aa4a37a55ef.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Tiny snow flakes floating around here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

well, that escalated quickly...

light snizzle to very heavy snow in 1 minute!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
4 minutes ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

Snow band intensifying nicely to the W of London

image.thumb.png.f5c6363bb6f8019ae7282b546c3cf34a.png image.thumb.png.6e2a8f71cead9fc326403aa4a37a55ef.png

lucky for some, not for me.....lookk at the nice gap developing between Bristol and Swindon and then guess where I am....lol.......total IMBYism but I reckon I'm in for a very frustrating 24 hours or so.....think I might have to get on the Speckled Hen and Gin to dull the pain

• Like 1

Posted

The little dry slot I talked about yesterday - at the top of the Severn Estuary - showing itself well on forecast radar. Plenty is going to miss this area so far North in the region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun & Snow :)

Just started light raining here. Some sleet and a bit of wet snow mixed in. Wind increasing. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

wth! so heavy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Wow heavy snow here now, settling easily.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers
3 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

lucky for some, not for me.....lookk at the nice gap developing between Bristol and Swindon and then guess where I am....lol.......total IMBYism but I reckon I'm in for a very frustrating 24 hours or so.....think I might have to get on the Speckled Hen and Gin to dull the pain

I hope it works out well!

I'm encouraged by how widespread the showers to the north are, far more then forecast. Looks like a streamer affecting the whole of Northern UK lol. Hopefully that's an indication of how the showers fare when they start forming in the south :)

• Like 1

Posted

unfortunately being in a city, does take longer to settle :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
4 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

I seem to remember this reverse psychology worked rather well last time around AJ ? 

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

I seem to remember this reverse psychology worked rather well last time around AJ ? 

I know, I;m just looking for an excuse to start drinking early.....not that I have a drink problem....I used to, but now I can afford it :drunk::crazy:

Posted

Just heading north on A38 near Thornbury; it is blizzard like. Should we continue to travel? Going near Slimbridge.