Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

You cannot embed HTML directly on to this forum - probably not many others either.

The animated radar is an overlay to a map, so they're two separate things. You'll have to just use BBCODE to create a hyperlink like this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

anybody in an easterly wind yet???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still WSW here according to my station which I know is wrong. I still need to have a look at why the wind directions not showing properly. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Bring Back1962-63 said:

SUITABLE LIVE RAIN/SNOW RADARS FOR TOMORROW - AN APPEAL FOR HELP

I can get a screenshot by using "Print Screen, pastinginto Paint, editing it there, then saving it into a PNG document and then uploading it into the pre-submit mode on the thread by selection "choose file" and then using "+" to make it appear in my post.

Can't help with embedding but to do a screenshot try using the "snipping tool" to find it just type snip in the search box on your pc, you can then select a section of screen, use a highlight or pen tool and then save the selected area as a .png far better than the old print screen option. Sample below.

Capture.PNG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
8 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Does anyone think we'll definitely see the snow they're forecasting? As in the amber warning.

No one can answer that question , you will know when it comes to nearer the time. You surprise me asking that, you have been a member for quite sometime, surely you have learnt something? ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
9 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Does anyone think we'll definitely see the snow they're forecasting? As in the amber warning.

I love cold and snow but I must admit I’m not expecting much from this.

i hope I’m wrong though 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

wwww.PNG.c6632ef26101d84c021e8fff40c9f1d

who would have thought haha! unbelievable really!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !
2 hours ago, EllyTech said:

What is making landfall?

I'm probably using the wrong terminology, really just musing about the blob of heavier precipitation which I think is associated with the kink in the isobars:

tempresult_hcd5.gif

Actually looks ok for nearly all our region on the 12z HIRLAM!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
5 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

wwww.PNG.c6632ef26101d84c021e8fff40c9f1d

Carbon copy of beast mark I

• Like 3

Posted

The 18Z HIRLAM certainly matches the MetOffice text output re possibly turning to rain along Devon & Cornwall coasts.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Hirlam snow accumulations 

22008406-9168-4E30-BEC2-B13212E56428.thumb.png.8814ab08737add4119a8311b3e475ed0.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in the winter, warm and dry in the summer !
17 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

The 18Z HIRLAM certainly matches the MetOffice text output re possibly turning to rain along Devon & Cornwall coasts.

Edit: ^^^ Karlos beat me to it!

The accumulation chart for Sunday evening also matches their warning areas pretty well for our region and across the south

hirlam-45-48-0.png?16-23

Edited by wiltshire weather
  • Like 1

TIME FOR A QUICK UPDATE

Firstly, thank you everyone for your help and suggestions re: the copying live radar problems - about 10 PMs, several sticky notes and some reply posts on here. I have just learnt how to use a snipping tool for the first time - I'd never realised I had that facility on my PC :) Le't's start with that:

NW Radar 2145 Fri                                        Live Euro Satelitte                                Live Euro Infra Red Satelitte                   Fronts & Troughs at 1800 GMT Fri  

rad2150.thumb.PNG.a8fb5b3750d2b60f569b3cc364e9301c.PNG              anim_ir.gif       anim_ir_color.gif        analyse-2018-03-16-18.png 

Live Euro Pressure                         Pressure 24 hours to 1210 GMT  Fri         2 M temps for 0600 GMT Sat Mar 17th        2 M temps for 1200 GMT Sat Mar 17th

pression2_eur2.png      tempresult_inx3.gif      arpege-41-12-0.png?16-23        arpege-41-18-0.png?16-23

Live Euro 2 M Temps                           Temps 24 hours to 1220 GMT  Fri                           Live UK 2 M Temps                           Temps 24 hours to 2050 GMT  Fri    

temp_eur2.png      tempresult_mvp7.gif       temp_uk.png        tempresult_pxy3.gif

Please refer to my longer post on page 30 of this thread which provides a more detailed overview of the current conditions and what we can expect over the next couple of days.

The easterly and the very cold air is surging south-westwards even more quickly than predicted earlier today. Rain is turning to snow in northern England while snow showers are already piling into eastern Scotland.. You can see the clear undercut in the satelitte images behind that narrowing cloud band which is currently (2230) moving through  Northwest England, Yorks, Lincs and Norfolk. The deep cold is flooding in just behind that cold front - see how far south it has moved since 1800 (on the 4th chart). The Scandi HP is re-orientating to a more east-west axis and the flow across Europe into the UK will become a more direct easterly overnight. Temps have fallen from 10c to below zero in the low countries during the last 6 hours. over here it was even milder and today's 13c to 14c in the south will be replaced by 0c to 2c by tomorrow afternoon. By dawn temps will be around 4c in our region and by lunchtime they'll be around 1c..There may be a little snow as the cold front clears through our region tomorrow morning. Then the very cold continental air will push across us and some snow showers are likely to filter through to us from the east on the very strong easterly wind. I'll take another look at the now "probable" more widespread snow predicted for our region for Sunday in the morning.

Edited by Guest
Correct typos and check charts

Posted
1 hour ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

You're losing your touch, mate. Why be so verbose when 5 simple words will do?

Posted

Winds now coming from east. T 6c DP 5c Humidity 93%. Clear, starry night..With some moisture around from earlier showers may see some ice later as don't think the roads have been treated

• Like 1

Posted

Something makes me question meteociel's rendering of those snow accumulation charts..

Here's wxcharts version - same resolution and same run:

winteroverview_047.thumb.jpg.666575ece2c4cc6aad36ee3fc2b3be2a.jpg

• Like 1