Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
26 minutes ago, kumquat said:

ECM also showing that this might not be our last gasp for the winter/spring.

ECH1-216.GIF?16-0

Dorsetbred will be pleased.. :help:

What a great start to spring. :air_kiss:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events
44 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Oh can we get this over with PLEASE?

Time to leave until Monday, methinks before the board floods...

Cheerio, have a nice weekend, chill out & build a snowman why not - look forward to the pics :cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
49 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Oh can we get this over with PLEASE?

Time to leave until Monday, methinks before the board floods...

Ta Ta champ......looking forward to seeing your rain-man pics monday morning :good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

I don't know how I've only just found out about this cold spell on the weekend. :cc_confused:   Never in a million years would've expected more snow.

I've only read the last couple of pages of this thread. Would anybody mind filling me in. Cheeers

Edit: What sort of totals are expected?

Edited by MidnightSnow
  • Like 2

Posted
33 minutes ago, kumquat said:

ECM also showing that this might not be our last gasp for the winter/spring.

ECH1-216.GIF?16-0

I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Just now, EllyTech said:

What is making landfall?

Well certainly no banana boats riding Spanish plumes just yet.. :rofl:

Posted
Just now, jtay said:

I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad...

Ha! My first ever swear filter... and I didn't swear. Honest.

Posted
1 minute ago, MidnightSnow said:

I don't know how I've only just found out about this cold spell on the weekend. :cc_confused:   Never in a million years would've expected more snow.

I've only read the last couple of pages of this thread. Would anybody mind filling me in. Cheeers

It looks likely that there'll be snow in Cardiff. :spiteful:

Posted
Just now, Nights King said:

Well certainly no banana boats riding Spanish plumes just yet.. :rofl:

Plumes advect, Hurricanes make landfall. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
1 minute ago, EllyTech said:

666.thumb.jpeg.9055f0724c254a5a0d23ebaac75de2f3.jpeg 

Argghh :girl_devil: Please help me change the number. :cold:

668 you are saved

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow
2 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

666.thumb.jpeg.9055f0724c254a5a0d23ebaac75de2f3.jpeg 

Argghh :girl_devil: Please help me change the number. :cold:

I know that feel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds
1 minute ago, EllyTech said:

OMG you too!, changed now. 

I'll report those that responded with emoji's :friends:

Posted
4 minutes ago, kumquat said:

Better the Devil you know

You know me? You never met me..? Have you? Did you stalk me once? .. were you the person that ..... ?? 

giphy.gif

Posted
25 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

arpegeuk-45-73-0.png?16-17

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

SUITABLE LIVE RAIN/SNOW RADARS FOR TOMORROW - AN APPEAL FOR HELP

Those of you that know me or follow my reports on here, the MOD or the Teleconnections Learning Thread, will realise that I like posting a lot of charts, including live and animated ones. Despite this I often struggle to get charts to copy across properly. I like to blame it on my desktop PC but I should really blame myself and admit that modern technology and I do not fit well together :)  

The Meteoceil "UK view live rain and snow radar" has had a technical fault for 2 days and has not updated since March 14th. I really want this one included in my updates (so that I can comment on it) on here but I'll have to settle for the "France" and "North-west France" views which are working okay in real time. I can never find a way to get the Live NetWeather radar to copy across properly. I can get a screenshot by using "Print Screen, pastinginto Paint, editing it there, then saving it into a PNG document and then uploading it into the pre-submit mode on the thread by selection "choose file" and then using "+" to make it appear in my post. Is there a way to get the live NW radar to copy on to here? Here are the charts so far:

(Live) UK Rain/Snow Radar  (tech fault) Live N.W. France Rain/Snow Radar         Live France Rain/Snow Radar            Live Germany Rain/Snow Radar    NetWeather Rain/Snow Radar Screenshot 1905 Fri 

lastsnowradar_uk.gif lastsnowradar_no.gif lastsnowradar.gif lastsnowradar_de.gif       rad2.thumb.png.41374b0f0ec12cb0ea40898001d1317b.png

So, I have been searching for others. The Meteogroup who the BBC have started using for their forecasts has come in for quite a lot of criticism which "may" be fair enough but I just checked their website and I like their policy of providing a good range of "free to view" products. here's a link to their site:  http://meteoradar.co.uk/realtime-snowfall     I've just been fiddling around with their live radar charts but I'm struggling to get them to copy despite (seemingly) following their instructions. Firstly, a straight "copy image address":

Meteoradar Rain/Snow

?time=201803161910&type=sneeuw#f.    This seems to freeze the chart (this one was showing live 1815 to 1910 and it updates every 5 minutes)

Then I followed their instructions and the HTML address below is meant to display the live chart on here - perhaps it will when I press submit (EDIT - no they won't):

<iframe src="http://maps.meteoradar.co.uk/GratisRadar/625/1040/actueel?zoom=9" scrolling=no width=500 height=500 frameborder=no></iframe>

<iframe src="http://maps.meteoradar.co.uk/GratisRadar/625/1040/actueel?zoom=8" scrolling=no width=500 height=500 frameborder=no></iframe>

I'll break for supper right now. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help with any of the problems I've listed.

trans.png

Edited by Guest
Correct typos and check charts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Temperature rising here. That's it colds over no snow this week. :nonono:

;)

Posted

<iframe src="http://maps.meteoradar.co.uk/GratisRadar/722/900/sneeuw?zoom=8" scrolling=no width=200 height=200 frameborder=no></iframe>

Odd. I'm not sure the forum supports HTML. Over to the Mods/managers etc.

Just trying to help out Bring Back1962-63

Edited by EllyTech

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
38 minutes ago, Bring Back1962-63 said:

SUITABLE LIVE RAIN/SNOW RADARS FOR TOMORROW - AN APPEAL FOR HELP

Those of you that know me or follow my reports on here, the MOD or the Teleconnections Learning Thread, will realise that I like posting a lot of charts, including live and animated ones. Despite this I often struggle to get charts to copy across properly. I like to blame it on my desktop PC but I should really blame myself and admit that modern technology and I do not fit well together :)  

The Meteoceil "UK view live rain and snow radar" has had a technical fault for 2 days and has not updated since March 14th. I really want this one included in my updates (so that I can comment on it) on here but I'll have to settle for the "France" and "North-west France" views which are working okay in real time. I can never find a way to get the Live NetWeather radar to copy across properly. I can get a screenshot by using "Print Screen, pastinginto Paint, editing it there, then saving it into a PNG document and then uploading it into the pre-submit mode on the thread by selection "choose file" and then using "+" to make it appear in my post. Is there a way to get the live NW radar to copy on to here? Here are the charts so far:

(Live) UK Rain/Snow Radar  (tech fault) Live N.W. France Rain/Snow Radar         Live France Rain/Snow Radar            Live Germany Rain/Snow Radar    NetWeather Rain/Snow Radar Screenshot 1905 Fri 

lastsnowradar_uk.gif lastsnowradar_no.gif lastsnowradar.gif lastsnowradar_de.gif       rad2.thumb.png.41374b0f0ec12cb0ea40898001d1317b.png

So, I have been searching for others. The Meteogroup who the BBC have started using for their forecasts has come in for quite a lot of criticism which "may" be fair enough but I just checked their website and I like their policy of providing a good range of "free to view" products. here's a link to their site:  http://meteoradar.co.uk/realtime-snowfall     I've just been fiddling around with their live radar charts but I'm struggling to get them to copy despite (seemingly) following their instructions. Firstly, a straight "copy image address":

Meteoradar Rain/Snow

?time=201803161910&type=sneeuw#f.    This seems to freeze the chart (this one was showing live 1815 to 1910 and it updates every 5 minutes)

Then I followed their instructions and the HTML address below is meant to display the live chart on here - perhaps it will when I press submit (EDIT - no they won't):

<iframe src="http://maps.meteoradar.co.uk/GratisRadar/625/1040/actueel?zoom=9" scrolling=no width=500 height=500 frameborder=no></iframe>

<iframe src="http://maps.meteoradar.co.uk/GratisRadar/625/1040/actueel?zoom=8" scrolling=no width=500 height=500 frameborder=no></iframe>

I'll break for supper right now. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help with any of the problems I've listed.

trans.png

Beyond me but if you pose the question here Paul or one of the other team members should be able to help.

• Like 2