Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Everyone easing themselves into another week of intense model watching then? :yahoo:. My take for what' it worth is that the real cold stuff will skirt around our region this time round but look out for the odd surprise! Eastern part of the area will be more suspectible. But the main thing for me is should be a lot drier of late! Exciting times if you love snow but grim reading if you want spring warmth. For me fascinating charts for mid March.

Edited by festivalking
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Holy hell the icon and gfs still going for it!! Ukmo still not as good.

ive only just recovered from the last event 

• Like 1

Posted

Why on earth are you all getting excited about 1mm of snow that will melt in 5 minutes? Move on nothing to see ...

• Like 1

Posted

As a gardener its getting a bit tricky,could start to give more problems than I can do with at this time of year,but if above comments pan out and its not so severe then may watch the odd snow shower,while doing some work,even a severe week really could cause big problems for farmers ,growers ect

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
33 minutes ago, fromey said:

Holy hell the icon and gfs still going for it!! Ukmo still not as good.

ive only just recovered from the last event 

Its rare to see one of these events in a decade... can we really see two within a month?

Im skeptical we can pull a second decent cold spell out but I may have to upgrade my avatar back to winter status if the pub run continues the cold theme later.. 

I wonder if we will see Mapantz getting ready to dock soon..  :D

As for those woried about plants... they will and always do recover from a late spring.

Edited by Nights King
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nights King said:

As for those woried about plants... they will and always do recover from a late spring.

:nea:Remind me not to let you near my veg seedlings. Poor little things out there in the cold.?  :cold:

Posted
15 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Why on earth are you all getting excited about 1mm of snow that will melt in 5 minutes? Move on nothing to see ...

Didn't you say something similar before the last blizzard?!  :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, EllyTech said:

:nea:Remind me not to let you near my veg seedlings. Poor little things out there in the cold.?  :cold:

Ive been a garden centre manager for 12 years.. every cold snap has a silver lining.. :whistling: :clapping:

Posted

I remain to be convinced that the up and coming cooler weather is anything more than a couple of days blip, the "finger" of really cold uppers disappears very quickly...all to play for but...

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Ive been a garden centre manager for 12 years.. every cold snap has a silver lining.. :whistling: :clapping:

Oh no, the pressure turned you into a seedling sadist. ????? There is such a thing as Kama you know. ?:spiteful:

... and  no, I don't know what the umbrella is doing there. I think its meant for Beka - looks like we have to go shopping again Beka.

Edited by EllyTech
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, EllyTech said:

Oh no, the pressure turned you into a seedling sadist. ????? There is such a thing as Kama you know. ?:spiteful:

:rofl: If you have seedlings just bring them into the warm.. People worry about them getting leggy but Its the lack of light not the heat that makes them leggy, so get them on a south facing window or east isn't too bad.

Failing that just sow some a bit later or pick up a heated propagator and if they do get a bit leggy just plant them deeper when you transplant. :)

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Nights King said:

:rofl: If you have seedlings just bring them into the warm.. People worry about them getting leggy but Its the lack of light not the heat that makes them leggy, so get them on a south facing window or east isn't too bad.

Failing that just sow some a bit later or pick up a heated propagator and if they do get a bit leggy just plant them deeper when you transplant. :)

giphy.gif

Posted
1 hour ago, Nights King said:

Its rare to see one of these events in a decade... can we really see two within a month?

Im skeptical we can pull a second decent cold spell out but I may have to upgrade my avatar back to winter status if the pub run continues the cold theme later.. 

I wonder if we will see Mapantz getting ready to dock soon..  :D

Absolutely!We can have frosts as late as May here and still manage a healthy yield.

Posted
36 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Or you can just replant your seedlings into larger containers for the time being. As we're so susceptible to frost here we tend to plant outside later ...we just keep our seedlings under glass or a cloche. It's the lack of light rather than warmth being the problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm not really bothered about anything colder to be honest. I'm ready for warmth, so cold interest has waned significantly. I just looked backed at my data during the last cold spell, and snow aside, I only managed 2 cold days. A 0.8C and -0.4C maximum temperature. The other days were 2.7C and above. It actually turned out to be a very short cold snap, and not the prolonged cold that was being touted for quite some time. 
I'm not in the frame of mind for it again, so the quicker it comes and goes, the better!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
8 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I'm not really bothered about anything colder to be honest. I'm ready for warmth, so cold interest has waned significantly. I just looked backed at my data during the last cold spell, and snow aside, I only managed 2 cold days. A 0.8C and -0.4C maximum temperature. The other days were 2.7C and above. It actually turned out to be a very short cold snap, and not the prolonged cold that was being touted for quite some time. 
I'm not in the frame of mind for it again, so the quicker it comes and goes, the better!

LOL it was a very memorable cold spell, you can’t argue that. Well you can but....

I'll happily take another shot of cold and possible snow, we can’t be picky down here, it’s taken over 5 years, so three weeks is welcome ? 

either way, looks like it’s coming whether we like it or not. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Oh crap on a cracker!! ECM  going for it at the moment 

Edited by fromey
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
14 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

t’s taken over 5 years, so three weeks is welcome ? 

3 years - February 3rd 2015.

Posted
Just now, Mapantz said:

3 years - February 3rd 2015.

5 years ish...:ninja: 

:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

I'm with Pantz on this one, no more Beasts

• Like 2

Posted

Well after that ECM I feel it is time to jump aboard...

polar_express_by_elenadudina-d9k7kfr.thumb.jpg.6b470e403f4ec76d1969e512d8795f78.jpg 5aa6cfa89e67a_wintercoming.thumb.jpg.28d8f8285c3e3fc539c9eb092e8082e7.jpg

Posted

:shok::shok::shok::shok::shok::spiteful::spiteful::spiteful::spiteful::spiteful:

AEF0BE7C-DD52-4240-B8DA-ABA4E577EEDE.thumb.png.c9a0797c5e85d7c483f5e71765c3a5bf.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1