Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

So 5 years to the day the red snow weather warning for the south west went literally south we now look east and wonder could it really be getting cold again?!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, currently 8.2°C and light rain. Been a soggy night, but it now appears to be clearing away as the centre of the low appears to be E of Brighton.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Here was I thinking we've had our snow for the next 8-10yrs, and low and behold we could see more next weekend / early next week:cold:

Not sure what to make of that really, would like some Spring warmth and thunderstorms...... but another Beasterly..... yeah why not!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

So wet out there! But amazingly still some snow drifts around here. You know that old wives tale... “snow is sitting round waiting for more to arrive.......” it might not be wrong this time!! The models caught on to the last easterly quite far out didn’t they?!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Sure is mild out there........

for now :shok::shok::shok::spiteful:

8.6c 

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

I think I said back in December that Sod's law would dictate perfect winter Synoptics in Spring. Well part 2 of that looks possible next week, only both of them could prove to be wintry anyway! 

Grim this morning although the rain has stopped, 8.8c .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Indeed, don't mind the wintry synoptics in March if they actually deliver winter. Have to say though, I'd have preferred less piddling around in January and a progression to spring in March.

Here and now, mildest night of the year so far last night, not falling below 8.0C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

I see the easterly is gaining some traction this morning, it better be a full on beast!! 

Can’t  be dealing with cold damp conditions, I would rather have a full on beast or nothing at all 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
2 hours ago, SteveB said:

Here was I thinking we've had our snow for the next 8-10yrs, and low and behold we could see more next weekend / early next week:cold:

Not sure what to make of that really, would like some Spring warmth and thunderstorms...... but another Beasterly..... yeah why not!

Oh joy, I love snow but what a pain, I took all the fleece Frost protection off all  my container plants and dwarf fruit trees, gonna have to put it all back on again by the looks of it! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
1 hour ago, fromey said:

I see the easterly is gaining some traction this morning, it better be a full on beast!! 

Can’t  be dealing with cold damp conditions, I would rather have a full on beast or nothing at all 

Totally agree Fromey.

Still saw some snow on edge of some roads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Old Fashioned Traditional Seasons

No more wet and cold weather now please! Allotment is saturated, onion sets are sprouting, potatoes chitting, seeds are now seedlings!!

We need some proper spring weather, a bit of sun and some dry days! It's all going to be 2/3 weeks behind as it is................

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Morning all. Haven't been on for a while as my eardrum decided to burst last week and then the infection spread to my jaw. Lovely!!!! 

Trying to catch up on here and the MAD thread now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
27 minutes ago, offerman said:

Totally agree Fromey.

Still saw some snow on edge of some roads.

The bit outside my house finally went on Saturday but on the road to Hinton charterhouse and midford there is some drifts still there

pretty remarkable

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
Just now, fromey said:

The bit outside my house finally went on Saturday but on the road to Hinton charterhouse and midford there is some drifts still there

pretty remarkable

Makes you wonder how deep these drifts were there at the height of the blizzards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
13 minutes ago, divadee said:

Morning all. Haven't been on for a while as my eardrum decided to burst last week and then the infection spread to my jaw. Lovely!!!! 

Trying to catch up on here and the MAD thread now. 

Ouchies, sounds nasty, hope you’re all better now. 

Cold set to return at the weekend, with the possibility of snow for our region again. 

Not good for my Jasmine bush which looks like it’s ready to give up completely after the last cold outbreak. :nonono:

Edited by karlos1983
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl
16 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Ouchies, sounds nasty, hope you’re all better now. 

Cold set to return at the weekend, with the possibility of snow for our region again. 

Not good for my Jasmine bush which looks like it’s ready to give up completely after the last cold outbreak. :nonono:

Nope still laid up. And as much as I love snow I need some warmth now for my health. ? I won't be getting much sleep if we have snow again. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Timer said:

No more wet and cold weather now please! Allotment is saturated, onion sets are sprouting, potatoes chitting, seeds are now seedlings!!

We need some proper spring weather, a bit of sun and some dry days! It's all going to be 2/3 weeks behind as it is................

Too true for the warmth we need now. 

My potato chits look like this -

chits.jpeg

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Barely any rain fell here, from this entire set up.

You’re lucky! All ground saturated, back lanes have started flooding, I’d imagine the River Tone is also rather higher than usual! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
8 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

24 hour accumulative rainfall map:

2018-03-12.thumb.png.257b106b3ca2e34d26addd3a5d71ecc6.png

The zoomed in to where I am:

5aa67cfc6dd1d_2018-03-12(1).thumb.png.bc5af37aaf3de6d3167f8cb90d9a7a7f.png

I’m also in the blue bit and there hasn’t been an awful lot of rain here either. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I’m ready for the easterly. Just filled the trolley with milk and bread. Sorted!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy
3 hours ago, offerman said:

Makes you wonder how deep these drifts were there at the height of the blizzards.

Was over Mendip way yesterday (Cheddar, Charterhouse, Priddy). Some very big drifts still in evidence, including some along the route of the 'big cheese' race. At one point it went down a road with two feet of snow still across it! Absolutely incredible.

I've heard people say that lingering snow is 'waiting for more' - would be incredible if we did get the Beast 2 and there was still snow from 3 weeks ago on the ground, albeit from very selected locations.

• Like 2

Posted

On 3 March 2018 at 23:12, karlos1983 said:

My 4 year old boy is devestated that the snow is disappearing.... he’s absolutely loved it. Made some fantastic memories. Will always remember my girls 7th Birthday for the kitchen sink blizzard! 

he might see some more over the weekend  looks like the beast fancies another visit, pleasent surprise :D

Edited by Bazray
  • Like 2