Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just stopped raining. Not quite into double figures here at 9.7°C. 

I blame @EllyTech for posting in the wrong thread as I though that post was in here. :fool:

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
Just now, khodds said:

I heard a rumour it’s going to be 15c tomorrow!

Must be the same rumour I heard a couple of days ago. 

• Like 1

Posted
26 minutes ago, matt111 said:

I blame @EllyTech for posting in the wrong thread as I though that post was in here. :fool:

... hmm

giphy.gif

Edited by EllyTech

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

GFS op went off on one. ?‍♂️

89FCFE82-3282-426C-B62F-B8A089154B10.thumb.gif.f73096de129f4c0fd820f33757e50ae6.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

GFS op went off on one. ?‍♂️

89FCFE82-3282-426C-B62F-B8A089154B10.thumb.gif.f73096de129f4c0fd820f33757e50ae6.gif

GFS off on one? Never. :rofl:

Edited by matt111

Posted
51 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Must be the same rumour I heard a couple of days ago. 

Heard the same rumour. Gutted with this rain as I was hoping to start on the garden.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, matt111 said:

Been double figures since 6am here. Now 13 c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've just got back from Poole. Weather felt weird, almost like a cloudy, horrible Summer day. A bit of sunshine now, it made it to 12.7°C

I noticed this morning that I had a rogue 41mph gust at 7:52am. It ties in with an approaching shower at that time. It matches up to a sharp pressure increase as well.

WindDay.thumb.png.01c7bf47b94c6ea57b39f200fd9dc3a9.png PressureDay.thumb.png.f55a5e4e709f4fa77065a2fbff2daf51.png

• Like 2

Posted

Still raining. Rain is trailing from the band that is now clearing away Northwards. The sky beginning to look a little brighter.

Temp 11C  Humidity 93%  Dewpoint 10C   Rain last 24 hours 1.57 cm   Pressure 992.1

Posted
55 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I've just got back from Poole. Weather felt weird, almost like a cloudy, horrible Summer day. A bit of sunshine now, it made it to 12.7°C

I noticed this morning that I had a rogue 41mph gust at 7:52am. It ties in with an approaching shower at that time. It matches up to a sharp pressure increase as well.

WindDay.thumb.png.01c7bf47b94c6ea57b39f200fd9dc3a9.png PressureDay.thumb.png.f55a5e4e709f4fa77065a2fbff2daf51.png

Maapntz how would the pressure rise and then fall within such a short time spell, given that the overriding movement was upwards how do you get a "blip" of 0.5mb for a passing shower?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Hit 13c here now - it’s a bright warm afternoon! Lovely

Posted

Only reached 10.1°C here earlier this afternoon. The sun eventually came out about an hour ago but otherwise it’s been a cloudy afternoon. 

Posted

12.4c was the max here today, so not the warmest day of 2018 for me, that stands at 12.5C on January 2nd.

Posted

Yeah picked up 13.4C today certainly not the warmest day this year, but pleasant this afternoon. Bit of a mud bash at the grandson's footie this morning in Broadstone, but at least the sun came out at the end. The breeze certainly prevoked by the warmer air has died away this afternoon..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

A soaking an absolute soaking while walking the dog this morning but by the afternoon a very sunny pleasant time was had.  Got up to 12.7c. Happy with that.

• Like 1

Posted

This should be going the other way for goodness sake! :wallbash:my BBQ and Hot Tub need dusting off, but not looking warm at all!! 

21702CCB-6A2E-46B3-B1AF-5DDD6CE40343.thumb.gif.0ff63bce72d4b11f5e6952548c1ac930.gif

Posted
5 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

This should be going the other way for goodness sake! :wallbash:my BBQ and Hot Tub need dusting off, but not looking warm at all!! 

21702CCB-6A2E-46B3-B1AF-5DDD6CE40343.thumb.gif.0ff63bce72d4b11f5e6952548c1ac930.gif

Don't want to get the sledge back out? :pardon:

Posted

Some serious convection kicked off over France today, if you’ve got an app that shows you the Cloud over a period of time, you’d be forgiven for thinking it was mid summer and a plume was heading north. 

22648756-A07B-4B26-9C2D-4E9DF63BE0BB.thumb.png.00fb81b622e725c85966ab0d57536c0c.png6AD007F1-3BA3-4AC7-8870-1EF70AD6DAE2.thumb.png.fe0e28e53324c98b56e58b86408f2417.png

Posted
Just now, matt111 said:

Don't want to get the sledge back out? :pardon:

I could be tempted don’t get me wrong, I just really really don’t want cold rain.... 

Posted
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I could be tempted don’t get me wrong, I just really really don’t want cold rain.... 

Not sure who would. :bad:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Yep. And weak convective parameters develop tomorrow, for Southern counties. Weak mixed-layer CAPE, steepening lapse rates  associated with an upper trough, ahead of an occlusion will aid some instability.

BRAEU_24.thumb.gif.e9ba27b8836e689be78f5f4f173a4fe1.gif 5aa45668bc98b_viewimage(2).thumb.png.6745cc47c481523b9f274054bb1e9c80.png

TT indices tomorrow would've been great if we had some extra heat ie late Spring in to Summer.

5aa456b89c574_viewimage(1).thumb.png.f5a4d2eea254d2b59cd7b2f951d1fd8b.png

Nothing drastic tomorrow, but a risk nonetheless. Hopefully, someone across the region might get lucky!

• Like 2

Posted

How about this? @karlos1983 :crazy:

AEF2C43D-8DE7-4A95-9013-0341F25A8EB6.thumb.gif.9fd475d5b231af43e7affd2ab0b1b7a2.gif

Edited by matt111