Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 hour ago, Rich_Clements said:

I do lurk all year, going back to the earlier comments, I am not a massive poster as I don't really know a massive amount about the models etc. 

You don't have to be massive about anything. Just hanging around and reading, knowledge builds up. You don't have to interpret the models. Sometimes its just good to banter about what you see out of the window - and those reports have just as an important place in the science as any other aspect of the study of weather.

It has a been great comradery here. Recent events not only highly interesting meteorologically but also on a human level. Things could have got pretty serious if more prolonged. Good to have a place to talk (and laugh) about all that too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
17 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

You don't have to be massive about anything. Just hanging around and reading, knowledge builds up. You don't have to interpret the models. Sometimes its just good to banter about what you see out of the window - and those reports have just as an important place in the science as any other aspect of the study of weather.

It has a been great comradery here. Recent events not only highly interesting meteorologically but also on a human level. Things could have got pretty serious if more prolonged. Good to have a place to talk (and laugh) about all that too.

Oh so true :good:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

3.8C this morning!

UKMO refuses to drop the idea of Scandi Height rises today ..... :ninja:

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

Morning Karlos and fellow early birders here. Very slight air frost-0.1c. Lovely sunrise but once again forgot to take a photo. No doubt this means rain on its way

• Like 1

Posted

What is looking odds on now is height rises over Scandi, less certain is how it will affect Blighty! ECM yet again showing it's determined to get there!

ECH1-192.GIF?09-12ECH1-216.GIF?09-12

Impressive Cold Pool as well given the time of year. :shok:

ECH0-192.GIF?09-12

Posted

Some weak, almost stratified AC.

Temp 5C  Humidity 91%  Dewpoint 4C   Rain last 24 hours 0.03 cm   Pressure 1002.2 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
54 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

What is looking odds on now is height rises over Scandi, less certain is how it will affect Blighty! ECM yet again showing it's determined to get there!

ECH0-192.GIF?09-12

That fills me with a little bit of dread.

Posted
3 minutes ago, jethro said:

That fills me with a little bit of dread.

Yeah I'm done with winter now, but I don't think we can fully say it's done with us...... yet :nonono:

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted

I don't want any more snow please thank you

Froze on the walk to school. Seems it around 3c. Didn't realise it was so cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

ECH0-192.GIF?09-12

Convective possibilities get greater as the sun gets stronger you never know.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

All the delphiniums are up, the roses are sprouting and magnolias are covered in buds, winter can do one. And the apricot tree in the greenhouse is covered in blossom, usually there's a few bees around to pollinate it, not this year, got to fanny around with a feather doing their job. Dullsville!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

My new  species  of tropical  fish arrived this morning, with no DOA's. They are going to look great! A schooling fish that enjoy's fast  flowing water - which is how my aquarium is  set  up.

Back to the  weather.. grey with drizzle at  the moment. It looks  like a lot of rain to come, though. Temp at 7.7°C

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Back to the  weather.. grey with drizzle at  the moment. It looks  like a lot of rain to come, though. Temp at 7.7°C

Sure looks wet down in the SW approaches, as you say drizzle is the order of the morning.

Posted

Watching the rain on the forecast radar envelope the SW.  I was thinking of going for a little walk..

Going to take a nap instead. :lazy:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
47 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Sure looks wet down in the SW approaches, as you say drizzle is the order of the morning.

Yes I can confirm that :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Like elsewhere it’s dull with drizzle at the moment. Looks like a very wet afternoon to come. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The rain band shrunk a lot, and intensity disappeared. MetO originally showed 8 hours of rain, that's now down to 4.

Posted

Now heres a thing,gardening customer rings me at 8 30 to cancel my appointment for today saying his app said rain from 9am and the app is never wrong.I politely advised him my thoughts based on 15 minute radar was that it would be dry until lunch time,no the app is never wrong you see.So I went to do other work and it started to rain at about errm...lunch time,on arrival home message on phone,its still dry,perhaps you could come over and do some work,suggestions as to where his app could politely be stuffed on a postcard lol

Posted
20 minutes ago, jy said:

Now heres a thing,gardening customer rings me at 8 30 to cancel my appointment for today saying his app said rain from 9am and the app is never wrong.I politely advised him my thoughts based on 15 minute radar was that it would be dry until lunch time,no the app is never wrong you see.So I went to do other work and it started to rain at about errm...lunch time,on arrival home message on phone,its still dry,perhaps you could come over and do some work,suggestions as to where his app could politely be stuffed on a postcard lol

Up their geraniums perhaps?! Oh err missus!

• Like 1

Posted

GFS :ninja: wants in on the Scandi party 

F2A7095D-CAB4-498F-BF19-2894951E2273.thumb.png.9a775d8af8e039a4f074cab878743ec9.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

GFS panels at D10 make interesting viewing as well. A few easterlies in there as a result of height rises to our NE. Sorry for beating this drum, this winter could be like waiting for a bus! Hang on.... it’s Spring ?‍♂️

Currently tipping it down here 8.0c

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

So we might not be done with winter yet? 

Very wet now and the temperatures rising. 8.7°C. 

• Like 1