Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

I'm checking in every so often.........it might be less often as we go on :)

• Like 1

Posted
50 minutes ago, warmintim said:

Thing is its a cyclic thing. More posts, more to read, people will look in more. Nothing going on, the equivalent of a post coital cigarette all round, we're all a bit drowsy and thinking about how good it was... In truth I'm very much enjoying lighter evenings, the chance to do stuff outside after work and thinking about getting on the allotment. It was a hell of a good ride though! Probably for me a perfect cold spell - lead up well modelled, including the obligatory wobble, then cold arrives, snow flurries, other areas seeing big falls before final we get our turn. The only poor point was the very rapid return to normal with a quick thaw - would have like the ice days for sat and sun then back to normal to be perfect...

Yes, I didn't get out and about in it (other than a small walk around the block) because it was too dangerous for me. Would have liked a quiet ice day to have taken a better look around. But the snow had all gone. :sorry:

Posted
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

As everybody appears to reminiscing looking at the number of members browsing, apart from myself there's ONE person, thanks for the company Matt!

I've been popping in and leaving again quick... noticing that I'm the only billy no mates in here. 

Posted

I’m also here pretty much all year round, just don’t post so much the rest of the year.

After the best snow event I’ve had in my life, about 17/18cm level in the end of powder snow with ice from the freezing rain on top, I’m happy with that for the winter, now I’m after some spring warmth and into some sunny summer weather and thunderstorms... We can but dream :D

• Like 3

Posted

Yesterday I drove from Coalpit Heath to Bath, then on to edge of Mendips and back to Coalpit Heath and I saw 6 burst water mains. That was just on main(ish) roads........goodness knows how many bursts there are on other roads. I understand that the government has castigated the water companies for a lack of planning, especially as they had been forewarned of last week's weather. Tut tut!

PS Really looking forward to Spring now.

Edited by noggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
56 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

I've been popping in and leaving again quick... noticing that I'm the only billy no mates in here. 

Story of my life. :rofl:

Edited by matt111

Posted

An enjoyable drive to/from Westbury this afternoon with lovely views of remaining snow on the banks and hillsides sparkling in the sunshine.

Surprisingly windy today but mostly sunny for the third consecutive day aside from a few showers this morning.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Frosty hollows said:

I think everyone's either catching up with work that didn't get done because of the snow; clearing up in the aftermath of the snow or looking for bread

Been catching up on sleep, last week was exhausting, will it, won’t it, east west north south then on to the day it’s self and Friday and then back to work on Saturday, toady is my first day off since and I’m just beginning to recover! 

• Like 1

Posted

Fighting hard to avoid the inevitable back to gardening work situation,clinging to the end of the fishing season story,that ends and its time to then bite the bullet,next Weds,but no fishing today,but a cracking day for outdoor work.

Posted
31 minutes ago, fromey said:

Been catching up on sleep, last week was exhausting, will it, won’t it, east west north south then on to the day it’s self and Friday and then back to work on Saturday, toady is my first day off since and I’m just beginning to recover! 

I'm recovering from being ill probably a result of too many late nights/early mornings

• Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, jy said:

Fighting hard to avoid the inevitable back to gardening work situation,clinging to the end of the fishing season story,that ends and its time to then bite the bullet,next Weds,but no fishing today,but a cracking day for outdoor work.

The OH has been back gardening all week. He only had to lose one day as the worst of the snow was Friday/Sat here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
1 minute ago, Frosty hollows said:

The OH has been back gardening all week. He only had to lose one day as the worst of the snow was Friday/Sat here

Same here, back to work on Monday trying to catch up on winter work before spring kicks off. Given how mild it's been since Sunday, and some rain too, there's a surprising amount of snow hanging around here in hedgerows and roadside.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Cold pool to the NE rebuilding :ninja:

51C097E1-9F18-4245-8519-4AC51F4F26F9.thumb.gif.f5d45f355a67ae26f131d2516cab2cd2.gif

wouldn’t take much & Kabloom, hello winter  ?

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

51C097E1-9F18-4245-8519-4AC51F4F26F9.thumb.gif.f5d45f355a67ae26f131d2516cab2cd2.gif

wouldn’t take much. ?

Interesting.

Would get this place buzzing again.  :crazy:

Edited by matt111
  • Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

... And Arsene stayed @ the Emirates next season, both about the same amount of chance methinks....

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

... And Arsene stayed @ the Emirates next season, both about the same amount of chance methinks....

Well I hope you’re correct Dorset ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

Oh god.. ECM last night, UKMO tonight....  :help:

• Like 1

Posted

Burst water main up the road from me, only a single lane with passing places in and out of our tiny village, which is a dead end.

they came to mend it, 3 huge deep holes in the road gushing water, but decided it would have to be road closed for 12 hours so have gone away to rethink the problem.

theres no other way in to the village.

should be interesting!

the potholes that have opened up around here is really bad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

I do lurk all year, going back to the earlier comments, I am not a massive poster as I don't really know a massive amount about the models etc. 

• Like 2

Posted

What a difference a week makes! It's hard to believe this time last week the snow was falling. Felt quite spring like today. Birds singing, a little chilly but stark contrast to last week. 

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, khodds said:

Oh god.. ECM last night, UKMO tonight....  :help:

The hints continue.... certainly one to keep an eye on, because it could* well materialise....not unheard of in March!

EF2A21C5-FCF7-4F90-AA33-0812D0F80423.thumb.png.98296dee36a98a3c98d831682a6656f3.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Had a heavy sleet shower here this morning about 8.30 am big splodges on conservatory window. 

Still some areas deep snow left in patches 

• Like 1