Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I literally pierced a hole through that band ? hardly a drop of rain!

7E5EDBE3-086C-4514-AEFB-9713AB27E463.thumb.png.ac270c0596acfcff6b3a989faa0e6714.png

That better not be the theme of stormy season :diablo:

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
11 minutes ago, ThundersnowDays said:

Still got a couple of snow patches left. I think this rain coming will finish them off. 

Stick them in then freezer?

• Like 1

Posted

My drunken elderly neighbour (Alan) has a messy and pitiful small pile of snow on his drive with a yellow patch on it (where I believe a cat must have wee wee'd on it). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers and cold winters with snow.

I feel like I have been on a fantastic holiday that has been cut short, the build up and anticipation was nerve racking, the holiday was great but it all ended too quickly. The joys of Thursday and seeing powder snow blowing around in the wind will live long in my memory, here's to the next adventure and with solar minimum coming soon hopefully it wont be as long. Thanks to everyone in this thread for making it so enjoyable, I wish I had arrived earlier instead of months in the MOD thread, cheers Jamie :hi:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've noticed that my pressure reading has been below 990mb for the past 2 and half days. It looks as though it'll stay below that until Wednesday. I can't find a period in my data where it has stayed below that reading for that long. I do have a 6 day record of between 996 and 997mb.

Quite a few fresh 'cold' records on here now: https://www.warehamwx.co.uk/cumulus/top10s.php

Also, i've  hit 30 air frosts for the Winter season, that's only two more than last Winter.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I've noticed that my pressure reading has been below 990mb for the past 2 and half days. It looks as though it'll stay below that until Wednesday. I can't find a period in my data where it has stayed below that reading for that long. I do have a 6 day record of between 996 and 997mb.

Pressure 986.0 :unsure2:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

I remember the days when you got as near as 5 pages being posted in an hour...:rofl:

Edited by festivalking
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
5 minutes ago, festivalking said:

I remember the days when you got as near as 5 pages being posted in an hour...:rofl:

Everyone's jumped ship. :nonono:

Posted
4 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Pressure 983, temp 5.6c

Not been online much today. Been struck down by norovirus ??

Proper nasty. Snow melt and novovirus in one day!

Posted
6 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Proper nasty. Snow melt and novovirus in one day!

Haven't been able to get warm all ay, so am actually quite glad I didn't come down with it during the cold snap!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

I hope you recover very quickly .

i had an ear infection last week. I had temp spikes and then horrible chills . 

Temp down to 1.8C and pressure at 985Hpa  wind direction SSW. 

• Like 2

Posted

My snow had virtually all gone by dawn this (now yesterday) morning :( Reached 9.7C in some in the afternoon.
River quite high for 2 days now, and gradually rose today mostly due to snow melt upstream.

Went about the place and up a nearby hill in the morning, was a fair cover in places up there still, seems places sheltered from the wind (woodland and the steep west side of the hill) had more snow left.. as well as drifts of course.

Found one small lane with some 6 foot drifts. Some other locations with drifting of a couple foot though not widespread.

Will hopefully find time to sort my pictures, amongst the other stuff I've got to do which has been pushed back lol.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
4 hours ago, Jason74 said:

My drunken elderly neighbour (Alan) has a messy and pitiful small pile of snow on his drive with a yellow patch on it (where I believe a cat must have wee wee'd on it). 

Drunken and elderly Alan .....you sure it's cat wee?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

4.2 C , 99% humidity   .

plenty of flood warnings for this area . I suppose that's our next concern . Looks like a showery week ahead too . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Morning all, I’m still here.. longing for spring now! It’s been an amazing but long winter.. can’t wait to get back to normal now ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, stormy

Driven in to the Uni (Bath) this morning along the A36 and I am amazed at how big the drifts still are. On Brassknocker hill there is one point where only 1 car can go at a time as there is a huge drift still there.

Amazing spell of weather for me - I loved the long run in - model run tension, including the mini wobble about 5 days out from the arrival of the easterly (as in -'it's all going south to France...'), and the beautiful days of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (sunny with the odd shower making it across. Then walking the dog on Wednesday night with the streamer just reaching us and watching very fine powder snow blowing in the wind at -5.9 deg C. Waking on Thursday to see snow already arrived and still snowing, deciding to work from home, before work actually closed at 1pm. Then the main event hitting, slowly at first, but gradually getting heavier during a 2 hour walk, and then just watching as it never stopped until 11 pm. Fantastic day Friday - temps below freezing all day, so no melting at all, no-one moving anywhere (if they had any sense). A little top up in the afternoon (not as much as some, but who's complaining?). A walk on Saturday through some superb snowdrifts on Cradle Hill (no ufo's were seen...). Scenes just like the 80's.

And now its mostly gone, and spring on its way (hopefully!)

28337553_10155771673138692_2499707696333952302_o.jpg

28423552_10155777517643692_8972398331215583738_o.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
34 minutes ago, khodds said:

Morning all, I’m still here.. longing for spring now! It’s been an amazing but long winter.. can’t wait to get back to normal now ?

Popped in MAD thread and apparently COULD  be more snow but more normal marginal stuff that we akin too. 

Possible weekend event  and Met Office even mentioned as well .

So could be wet snow but massive flakes  and quite intense . 

Not the lovely powder that we were spoiled to over the last week  

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, warmintim said:

Driven in to the Uni (Bath) this morning along the A36 and I am amazed at how big the drifts still are. On Brassknocker hill there is one point where only 1 car can go at a time as there is a huge drift still there.

Amazing spell of weather for me - I loved the long run in - model run tension, including the mini wobble about 5 days out from the arrival of the easterly (as in -'it's all going south to France...'), and the beautiful days of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (sunny with the odd shower making it across. Then walking the dog on Wednesday night with the streamer just reaching us and watching very fine powder snow blowing in the wind at -5.9 deg C. Waking on Thursday to see snow already arrived and still snowing, deciding to work from home, before work actually closed at 1pm. Then the main event hitting, slowly at first, but gradually getting heavier during a 2 hour walk, and then just watching as it never stopped until 11 pm. Fantastic day Friday - temps below freezing all day, so no melting at all, no-one moving anywhere (if they had any sense). A little top up in the afternoon (not as much as some, but who's complaining?). A walk on Saturday through some superb snowdrifts on Cradle Hill (no ufo's were seen...). Scenes just like the 80's.

And now its mostly gone, and spring on its way (hopefully!)

28337553_10155771673138692_2499707696333952302_o.jpg

28423552_10155777517643692_8972398331215583738_o.jpg

I see the Warminster thing in the pic ......??

Posted

Yuck heavy rain to welcome into the new week! Give me dry and cold any day of the week. 

Work is fun this morning everyone swapping war.......I mean snow stories. All agreed everything is now a bit mundane 

On the negative I owe work 10 hours as couldn't make it into work last week. Tight B*stards!

Edited by festivalking