Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 03/03/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Good evening to you all! :) 

Please continue your discussions of the weather in Central Southern England and the South-West! 

87DDE97E-2885-4A8E-9A56-D75B8B5FDF66.thumb.png.51b863ea6b316dc167d52fa6acdfcf95.png

A week it has been filled with all sorts fun, games, banter and wild weather. Many of you have been receiving some big dumpings of the white stuff with blizzards and lots of drifting! Probably the most wintriest weather some of you have seen in a long, long time. And then the freezing rain and flooding causing havoc in some parts! The freezing rain, especially, not something you see everyday! ?

With Spring here (although the weather would tell you differently, lol), it’s that time of year where everything starts to burst to life - trees blossoming, robins appearing  and that fine smell of freshly cut lawns. It’s also a time where some of us start turning to warmer weather with mouths drooling for that first sign of a Spanish Plume!

Please continue to keep things friendly in here and watch what you do with the toys! ? Thanks a lot all! :)

Previous thread: 

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Was snowing again lol, after today's thaw was not expecting it. Stopped now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Just popped outside and all you can hear is drop, drip drip . Now its thawing ! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Just watching the frozen Britain special program that's on channel 4 now, they are just talking to farmers who lost a lot of lambs due to the severe weather, very sad :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter- Cold, frost, snow. Summer- Warm and thundery.

I'd love a reasonably settled March, temperamental April, intermittent May and and scorching June and July. August, come she must. 

• Like 1

Posted

I think this new thread is going to be less than white. :spiteful: Some more sleety radar returns en route.

Temp and dew point steady here. 

Temp 1C  Humidity 92%  Dewpoint 0C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

So all of the apps I've looked at say the current temperature is between 4°C and 7°C. The actual temp is 1.6°C. :fool:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Drove to Southampton today, went to the oxygen trampoline place (which has broken me) for daughters 7th Birthday, what was apparent was the further west the more snow! My location really was a sweet spot! Even the New Forest which usually does way better because of elevation had less snow than Purbeck areas. Southampton not much was left when I got there, my garden and drive still covered even now. Think it will be gone by morning though. 

2.7c dp 2.4c

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

Can’t decide if I want to look for more cold or spring warmth :pardon:puzzler 

• Like 3

Posted

My weather radar is saying that it is either snowing or hail falling over Bodmin Moor as I type this. Looks like Dartmoor will get either as well tonight.

Posted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43253956

This is brilliant!! This will be me!

Hit 6.4c here today! Bakin'! Now it's 1.6c

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
12 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43253956

This is brilliant!! This will be me!

Hit 6.4c here today! Bakin'! Now it's 1.6c

That's what snow does to everyone. :crazy:

Posted

It's a bit quiet in here tonight. Everyone deserted the thread? :search:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Still here. Left for the Pub down a huge hill just above freezing literally skated down on the ice and slush. My drinking buddy remarked we might not get back up, not to worry I thought the Pub will keep us warm. Anyway we clamboured back up 20 minutes ago to find not much ice and the temperature had ballooned up to 3c. Anyway boring story but hey I'm still here fighting the good fight....talking of which Darlington who'd want to live there..

Posted

I’m on the Gin, beers ran out & Hendrick was calling ?‍♂️ So I answered :spiteful:

reckon our higher elevation friends might do quite well come D6/7. Big flakey snow ❄️ That’s my bet 

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, matt111 said:

So all of the apps I've looked at say the current temperature is between 4°C and 7°C. The actual temp is 1.6°C. :fool:

Opposite here should be 2c currently at 4c and bucketing rain!

Edited by festivalking

Posted
5 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I’m on the Gin, beers ran out & Hendrick was calling ?‍♂️ So I answered :spiteful:

reckon our higher elevation friends might do quite well come D6/7. Big flakey snow ❄️ That’s my bet 

I'd say current output looks wetter than a otters pocket ?

Posted
Just now, festivalking said:

I'd say current output looks wetter than a otters pocket ?

If only it was snow. :rofl:

Posted

Really was a shame that the scandi night couldn’t link up to Greeny high in our favour... now the fish in the Atlantic will freeze their fins off! That said it would have been difficult to get our blizzard if it were to pan out that way.. we would have had to wait. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

We pretended it was cold outside today by staying in and ignoring the thawing slush, but it wasn't really chilly outside at all. Better sledging in powder, I didn't fancy wet sledging, I'm happy to wait until next year....

Edited by Woollymummy
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Really was a shame that the scandi night couldn’t link up to Greeny high in our favour... now the fish in the Atlantic will freeze their fins off! That said it would have been difficult to get our blizzard if it were to pan out that way.. we would have had to wait. 

Felt like we cashed out at the first opportunity but it worked out ok. But yes if the link up had happened could of had another week of crazy cold. Still can't believe it' over after the terrifying build up. If only the ssw happened in January eh?!

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Felt like we cashed out at the first opportunity but it worked out ok. But yes if the link up had happened could of had another week of crazy cold. Still can't believe it' over after the terrifying build up. If only the ssw happened in January eh?!

Early January would be the ultimate SSW, have we ever had one since it’s significance became apparent? I fear we will have a horrid spring because of this SSW, but it was worth it and I’m really pleased for Chio and Lorenzo and all the Strat gods. You can’t argue it now imo. Anyone who poo poo’s it now is on acid!

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted

Obviously in a drifty location but just to show the depth of snow that’s still here! The measurement taken by my accurate measuring utensil, my hand and arm :laugh:

7D0EE2AB-FB7B-4926-98A9-A78599FA6B4B.png

• Like 1

Posted

My 4 year old boy is devestated that the snow is disappearing.... he’s absolutely loved it. Made some fantastic memories. Will always remember my girls 7th Birthday for the kitchen sink blizzard! 

• Like 3