Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Just now, carinthian said:

Made my way to Skipton today. Beautiful warm sun filled evening. Having a pint of Black Sheep in the beer garden of the Bull at Broughton surrounded by the lovely countryside of the South Dales .

C

I was in Kirby Stephen earlier collecting some gear for a buddy who'd loaned it to a film company that's on location there  ,think I'll be having a beer soon

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

It is been a fine week here. I'm hoping for a rain-shadow/foehnn effect here tommorow since its coming from the East. I think winds have to be light enough to do it.

Fingers crossed for another dry day.

Posted
On 20/05/2018 at 16:51, Deep Snow please said:

Yes this is the best spell of weather for dry sunny warm weather since July 2014, temps not a par with then, but in terms of sunshine and lack of rainfall, certainly so. Tomorrow could bring our first bout of proper rain since the night of the 12/13 May. It is turning into a notably dry May here, indeed the Spring as a whole has been significantly drier than normal here. The remainder of May looks mostly dry and warm, perhaps very warm with temps possibly nudging the magical 25 degrees on Monday and Tuesday, but there is uncertainty emerging as we approach June.

Our best chance of sustained dry weather tends to be in Spring, so not too surprising.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Whilst this spell started out balanced, the nights are getting too warm for my liking. Cooled off earlier in the week despite similar daytime temps.

Posted

It looks like the best of the rain is going slide past us to the south. That's a shame, my garden needs it. With the warm temps forecast, it would make for some strong growth.

Posted

Well we had too get the rainy day eventually after a very nice settled spell of late spring weather.  It's allowed me a productive spell in the garden so a good watering will be welcome...... as long as it doesn't set the trend for summer. 

Posted

Just as happened with the snow over the winter we've had very little precipitation today its all being eaten up by the hills. Been a cracking spell of weather here looks set to continue for a while yet.  Enjoy the weekend folks.

Posted
On 25/05/2018 at 13:20, Snow free zone said:

Just as happened with the snow over the winter we've had very little precipitation today its all being eaten up by the hills. Been a cracking spell of weather here looks set to continue for a while yet.  Enjoy the weekend folks.

I think we got Saturdays rain on Friday, was miserable after a nice week but today was another scorcher so not so bad

Just a shame we're not getting any convection from all of this heat ?️

Posted

If I'm not mistaken, parts of the GM area are under the Estofex level 2 warming area tomorrow. Bring it on!

• Like 1

Posted

Good news is the reminant of the storms from the Midlands has not left a legacy of cloud, clag and dregs over us. Sun is breaking through. 

What will today bring? If this were the 1990s, I would be upbeat of the possibilities of a storm but the way this decade has panned out, I can't help feeling we are going to miss again.

Thundery cells have developed over the North Sea between Netherlands and Norfolk.

• Like 1

Posted

Finally I have a tan lol

hazy sun at the moment 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Blackpool top hot spot this afternoon , just hit 27C. Amazing spell of weather in the NW.

C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Manchester showing 26c just now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

Now the cell has moved to the North of here it'll explode into life as they usually do. Also 26.7 down here second warmest in the country 

Edited by Summerstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
59 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Blackpool top hot spot this afternoon , just hit 27C. Amazing spell of weather in the NW.

C

Not unusual though. Many a May has been like this in the NW only for the actual Summer to be cool and wet. Rather windy though here today and last night. 

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Posted

Another very decent day today albeit a little windy, but warm and sunny.  A little pod of showery activity just moving north out of Matlock at present but it looks like it will die off as quickly as it came to life and might just cloud things over in the region later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
45 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Not unusual though. Many a May has been like this in the NW only for the actual Summer to be cool and wet. Rather windy though here today and last night. 

Will be interesting when the May stats come out for the NW England, including Lakes and Dales areas. Must be close to a sunshine record in places .

C

• Like 1

Posted

28c here....very gusty wind.... back from two weeks jollies in gorgeous Corsica where had a few thunderstorms but mainly 27-32c most days... lovely... hoping for a few cracking thunderstorms going from the estofex forecast...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Far too warm here today. The fine balance we had even as recently as yesterday is now broken. Will be sticky as hell overnight and more to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, ice.

A very pleasant sunny and hot day in Workington.

Posted

I expect those midlands storms to fade as get towards the storm void  that is North West / Greater Manchester,  thats if they even attempt  tocome this way , looks like they are going into North Wales and Wrexham area, very predictable , Yawn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Nice to come back from a hot week in Turkey to a heatwave here, maybe not just as hot sat out in the garden this afternoon but a couple of bottles of real ale certainly beats what passes for beer over there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Just starting to thunder here

• Like 1