Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Mokidugway

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Recommended Posts

-1.3°C now. Almost as cold as Saturday night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-2.5c wasn't expecting it to get that low

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Some people may say let's move onto Spring now as we need exceptional synoptics for snow, well the way the last two cold spells have shaped up then I would say there is a good chance of this happening. I really can see another cold shot with snow on the cards over the next few weeks, we may well swing to an fro from Winter to Spring for a while yet.

I also now think this could well be the beginning of colder and more prolonged Winter's over the next 10, 20, 30 years as sun cycles now appear set to mimick Dalton Minimum type levels, very interesting times ahead. The last two cold spells could be just a taste of what's to come over the years in front of us. :cold:

sidc-dailysunspotnumbersince1900.thumb.gif.3311a8c7dd8d8af6d898b4e5801eaae6.gif

I imagine this Spring (or lack of it if a traditionalist view) will be pretty notable.

Although one issue may be that solar minimums and cold periods often seem to correlate with volcanic activity.. I'm not sure how effective a solar minimum is on its own for producing colder winters without other drivers in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going Kielder Tuesday - cottage - middle of nowhere.

h500slp.thumb.png.a558e9825fd449c26538a92d9bb0f7f6.pngprectypeuktopo.thumb.png.1f40c51d2bd7ec1b8cab6cd99f62a993.png

....seriously middle of nowhere.

Cabin up :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SP1986 said:

I imagine this Spring (or lack of it if a traditionalist view) will be pretty notable.

Although one issue may be that solar minimums and cold periods often seem to correlate with volcanic activity.. I'm not sure how effective a solar minimum is on its own for producing colder winters without other drivers in place.

Volcanic activity is also on the increase along with cosmic rays :good:

Edited by Day 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Going Kielder Tuesday - cottage - middle of nowhere.

h500slp.thumb.png.a558e9825fd449c26538a92d9bb0f7f6.pngprectypeuktopo.thumb.png.1f40c51d2bd7ec1b8cab6cd99f62a993.png

....seriously middle of nowhere.

Cabin up :D

Those poor Lambs:nonono:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Those poor Lambs:nonono:

 

10 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Those poor Lambs:nonono:

....glad your concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, frosty ground said:

Those poor Lambs:nonono:

Its not been too good at all for some places not far from  here.

The birds look hungry too and in needing of insects to be true.Saw a first wagtail yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been feeding the birds I use lard bread grated cheese and bird seed then mix all together and make my own fat balls

Edited by itsnowjoke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quiet?

Not kidding.

Reading through a few of the forums I get the impression one or two are getting somewhat snowbound ........

And a little agitated.

Happy Easter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

I've been feeding the birds I use lard bread grated cheese and bird seed then mix all together and make my own fat balls

Thats great

its only a matter of time that  berries and naturally found food are become harder to find and if any more of spring is delayed it will be very concerning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been sat out on bench with a cuppa obviously with my coat on but nice all the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Been sat out on bench with a cuppa obviously with my coat on but nice all the same

Holding the fort mate, nice 1. Not much happening at the mo, could be snow next week though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should all stay on here just to keep in touch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

Busy in here

It will be like Piccadilly Circus in here again by next Wed/Thurs if some of the models are to be believed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

Well been quite windy here today

Remnants of Christmas sprouts, or has Delhi belly returned?:pardon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JeffC said:

Remnants of Christmas sprouts, or has Delhi belly returned?:pardon:

Ouch , in conifer tomorrow picking up my digger , might get some chips on way home ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Ouch , in conifer tomorrow picking up my digger , might get some chips on way home ..

Conifer? Oh Coniston!! Aye had chippy chips tonight with a nice rare steak. Where's your digger?

That predictive text reminded me of the Jeremy Vine show today. Woman called Corina complaining that Android phones changed her name via predictive text to Vagina....worth a listen on iPlayer as long as you've not got a pint in your hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Ouch , in conifer tomorrow picking up my digger , might get some chips on way home ..

You're going to spend a whole day inside a tree? You must be barking mad! Night all!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...