Snow?

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some heavy arguing this morning with patches of bickering at times. Very cold with a distinct  feel of unpleasantness in the air. Looking like a big improvement later with some intervals of sarca

Thaw setting in now! Some unbelievable scenes, still folk snowed in in places, imagine how this looked before the thaw and before being dug out when the snow was untouched!!  95BD1E10

Some self righteous folk on here it seems. Nature is nature is nature...that includes suffering/tragedy/ unfortunate events etc etc in any form of life, whether it be farming or in our daily live

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Is spring on the way now 

Not yet mate, could end up with a belting northerly end of the month lol. Winter really does not want to let go!

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

Not yet mate, could end up with a belting northerly end of the month lol. Winter really does not want to let go!

Oh again feels wrong at this time of year 

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

As has been said in mod thread, doesn't look like being a spring this year with the EC 46 dayer apparently showing below average temps right the way out. Suits me fine as there will be decent snow potential for some time yet which will hopefully take us up to the start of the proper convective season when we can turn our attention to decent thundery activity potential.  Could be some decent convection at Easter in the Northerly generating some beefy snow showers. Happy times!

Edited by Dexter
  • Like 2

Don't buy it ,insolation will slowly increase soil temperature across uk and Europe ,I see a sudden change in jet pattern,for a short period of stormy weather mid next month and a slow transition to more spring like conditions ,you heard it here first ⚡️??☀️....it's coming.....

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Don't buy it ,insolation will slowly increase soil temperature across uk and Europe ,I see a sudden change in jet pattern,for a short period of stormy weather mid next month and a slow transition to more spring like conditions ,you heard it here first ⚡️??☀️....it's coming.....

Well to be honest I will be glad to see some spring like weather as when it's snows now it's not hanging around long enough as the suns so strong if it was December or January I might think differently 

Edited by itsnowjoke
  • Thanks 1

I really hope Spring gets it act together eventually.   It's one of my favourite times of the year.  I have been mightily impressed by the recent easterlies, more so the maxi beast from a few weeks ago, than the mini one this weekend...but now I'm well & truly ready for walking through woodlands & meadows bursting with the chatter of new life and fresh young foliage under a warming sun.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Think we all would like a Taste of spring but this Evenings GFS Has other ideas and brings the snow risk down to the south Coast by the second part of next week,The GFS is not alone as the UKMO

Also showing a wintry outlook.we shall see but more Wintry weather seems the form horse at the moment.

C.S 

Yes, GFS showing great snow potential Wednesday/Thursday of next week in a strong NW/N flow. Probably unlikely to verify like that but on the other hand, some models have been holding firm on the idea of an Arctic blast around Easter time for some time it would seem. 

Edited by Dexter

Some people may say let's move onto Spring now as we need exceptional synoptics for snow, well the way the last two cold spells have shaped up then I would say there is a good chance of this happening. I really can see another cold shot with snow on the cards over the next few weeks, we may well swing to an fro from Winter to Spring for a while yet.

I also now think this could well be the beginning of colder and more prolonged Winter's over the next 10, 20, 30 years as sun cycles now appear set to mimick Dalton Minimum type levels, very interesting times ahead. The last two cold spells could be just a taste of what's to come over the years in front of us. :cold:

sidc-dailysunspotnumbersince1900.thumb.gif.3311a8c7dd8d8af6d898b4e5801eaae6.gif

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

ITS STILL COMING......☀️☀️☀️??☀️☀️????⛵️???

Aye but it's all relative... ?

Yet another air frost has begun here, 24th of the winter (even though it’s not winter anymore). Currently -0.5°C.  I thought the on-shore wind would prevent it but it hasn’t.