Snow?

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some heavy arguing this morning with patches of bickering at times. Very cold with a distinct  feel of unpleasantness in the air. Looking like a big improvement later with some intervals of sarca

Thaw setting in now! Some unbelievable scenes, still folk snowed in in places, imagine how this looked before the thaw and before being dug out when the snow was untouched!!  95BD1E10

Some self righteous folk on here it seems. Nature is nature is nature...that includes suffering/tragedy/ unfortunate events etc etc in any form of life, whether it be farming or in our daily live

Posted Images

Just now, Jayfromcardiff said:

How's everyone done today? Waiting for the heavy snow to start here, had around half a cm to start off lol.

Brilliant managed to avoid the stuff bar a slight dusting , hope it keeps up not snowing :drunk-emoji:

4 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

The persistent snow has just arrived from the South.

Got to say this looks like a snowmachine that could give many hours of snow.

Its gonna miss me although its belting down now

6 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

The persistent snow has just arrived from the South.

Got to say this looks like a snowmachine that could give many hours of snow.

I am absolutely knackered after a day out and about but I can't resist staying up a bit longer. Snowing heavily now and everything is covered.

Blimey Leyland it' your birthday! Taken earlier ...damn file too large! It was a whiteout blizzard! Here' a photo . Jesus I can' even share an image from my phone! Facebook took it ok though 

31 minutes ago, Miamay said:

Just got in froma night out. Its baltic out there and is snowing lightly

3 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Just got back home after the gig and we have a dusting. Not doing anything at the moment. Better than nothing I suppose.  

If that convergence zone would have been a bit further North, we would have been getting absolutely battered across the region.

Rare for me to be in here at such and hour, but had the pleasure of walking out this evening, and it really is quite a special magical feel to things, nearly 3 inch cover of powdery level snow coating every surface, stone walls, and letter boxes - a real christmas postcard scene, Winds have dropped, and in places there are 4/5 inch drifts. We may catch another cm or two overnight. Oh way can't we have evenings like this in the depths of the winter. If only it was the 24 Dec. This will be an evening I remember for a long time.

• Like 2

It’s about half an inch here of powder snow like the other week. About the same amount I got during the last beast not counting that short-wave. -1.9°C.  Question is should I bother staying up?

Edited by Chris.R
5 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Manchester Airport TAF reporting rain how Bizare 

C.S

It did that last time. Fine snowflakes confusing The optical instruments is my guess. 

Edited by Chris.R
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

It’s about half an inch here of powder snow like the other week. About the same amount I got during the last beast not counting that short-wave. -1.9°C.  Question is should I bother staying up? Temp drop to -1.0°C during that shower. Going to be stuck inside all evening but at least what has fallen should still be there when I come out. . 

Im staying up.

• Like 1