Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Compared to this time last week it feels tropical out there, been a while since temps got this high. Only had a light jacket on but still felt a bit too warm doing some errands. I think I got used to the cold.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
3 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

11c here heating off 

Glad you got it working again? 

Edited by Chris.R
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Is this band moving up through Chesire/Wirall the last ? I've been waiting for hours now for this rain to pass so I can get my bike sorted

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Looking good for another Easterly blast from next weekend. With the sun gaining ever more strength, there could be some decent convective cloudscapes and hopefully some hefty snow showers aided by increased daytime heating. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
21 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Looking good for another Easterly blast from next weekend. With the sun gaining ever more strength, there could be some decent convective cloudscapes and hopefully some hefty snow showers aided by increased daytime heating. 

:angry:  any chance some warmth and sunshine, I must be getting old but this has seemed like a long winter.

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, iand61 said:

:angry:  any chance some warmth and sunshine, I must be getting old but this has seemed like a long winter.

That can wait till April at least! That said, today looks to be a decent day to be getting out and about. However, roll on the next round of snowstorms next week! I'm still very much in winter mode I'm afraid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
On 3/9/2018 at 16:08, Chris.R said:

Did you think the sun would be cold?

Tee Hee! :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 hour ago, Dexter said:

That can wait till April at least! That said, today looks to be a decent day to be getting out and about. However, roll on the next round of snowstorms next week! I'm still very much in winter mode I'm afraid.

We get snow in April most years up here, usually only in showers and short lived affairs but it’s a long slog from October/November through to April and when the longer daylight hours arrive I just want the warmth to arrive with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Another cold night last night because of the nearly constant off-shore wind; minimum 2.6°C. Up to 9.4°C now. Max yesterday was 13.1°C.

I’d be happy with some more snow or some warm spring weather but just not boring nothingness. 

Posted
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

We get snow in April most years up here, usually only in showers and short lived affairs but it’s a long slog from October/November through to April and when the longer daylight hours arrive I just want the warmth to arrive with it.

As today has been so lovely I would really like these temps to stay as I need to be outside now and not sat inside watching snow falling. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Chris.R said:

Another cold night last night because of the nearly constant off-shore wind; minimum 2.6°C. Up to 9.4°C now. Max yesterday was 13.1°C.

I’d be happy with some more snow or some warm spring weather but just not boring nothingness. 

Agree totally. The beauty of our climate is that we could get a bit of everything right into April, be it snow, thundery showers or warm sunny days etc. We won't have seen the last of the snow potential for quite some time yet. Really hope we can get some decent thundery plumes this summer as well.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Dexter said:

Agree totally. The beauty of our climate is that we could get a bit of everything right into April, be it snow, thundery showers or warm sunny days etc. We won't have seen the last of the snow potential for quite some time yet. Really hope we can get some decent thundery plumes this summer as well.

Amen to that  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Some rather cold air lurking out to the east again, spilling in mid-month?

ECU0-168.GIF.thumb.png.eb11f180dd7ae623b5426786b6e7bbb4.png

• Like 2

Posted

The models still have my Winter attention that's for sure, I'm not going into hibernation just yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Just been to Yorkshire Dales with my brother and my niece for a nice drive out and I've seen bit of snow left up in the hills today.

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_1190.JPG

Edited by pip22
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

First convective chances of the year possibly on Thursday, Friday and into Saturday. Still too far out to look at in any detail though. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I really can’t be bothered with another cold spell. I was hoping that the other day would be the last of the snow for a while. I want warmth now. The beer garden is calling my name!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
23 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

I really can’t be bothered with another cold spell. I was hoping that the other day would be the last of the snow for a while. I want warmth now. The beer garden is calling my name!!!!!

Sorry Jordan that was me. Think you dialled me by accident so I stood there going 'Jordan, Jordan....Jordan!' for 5 mins.

Posted

Cold spell gathering pace! :good:

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Cold spell gathering pace! :good:

Just as I thought I would take a rest from model watching till October, here comes another easterly on the horizon! :drunk-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted

Yes, just look at the predicted temperature contrast between Saturday and Sunday on GFS as the next Easterly arrives. Temps and dewpoints plummeting by Sunday. Let's hope this verifies, or better still, further upgrades! Should hopefully be some decent beefy snow showers forming inland by next week aided by increased daytime heating.

• Like 1

Posted
43 minutes ago, karyo said:

Just as I thought I would take a rest from model watching till October, here comes another easterly on the horizon! :drunk-emoji:

Well yes, we have had beefy snow showers in April before now so it really isnt too late.

Unbelievable ecm this morning.

• Like 2