Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Finally about time the frontal snow arrive first thing tomorrow morning!! I've waited almost a week for it!!! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
6 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Snow , no chance here , uk and west Cumbria on the same day .

IMG_1726.JPG

IMG_1727.PNG

I think i’ll move up there, looks nice especially the cliff that looks like a Dolphin half under water.

it even has an eye

• Like 1

Posted

I can't imagine snow after having a nice cycle along the coast in mild temps and clear skies an hour ago, don't think it'll get cold enough

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
7 minutes ago, Supreme Leader Snowkes said:

I can't imagine snow after having a nice cycle along the coast in mild temps and clear skies an hour ago, don't think it'll get cold enough

I know, that's what I've been thinking it feels far too mild at the minute. Who knows we'll see tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Currently 3.5°C, dp -0.6°C. Off-shore winds and clear skies for a few hours should drop the temp nicely, then when the front arrives evaporative cooling should be more than enough to turn rain to snow. That’s my opinion. 

• Like 3

Posted
6 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Currently 3.5°C, dp -0.6°C. Off-shore winds and clear skies for a few hours should drop the temp nicely, then when the front arrives evaporative cooling should be more than enough to turn rain to snow. That’s my opinion. 

I can see it to fairly low levels I don’t buy this only the high ground that’s more on accumulation side I’d say. HIRLAM looks pretty good for you lot with some quite heavy snow being modelled.

FB76D3BC-DFC8-4E04-B096-23C8F6594889.thumb.png.aa8ffe7d9a705f19bd66cf57624cd0c2.png223C6B88-A2A2-43BD-A7B9-263BD5F724FF.thumb.png.5b1663b4b2f801dbb8004a7406415f72.png75DABAB1-5221-4EDA-97F2-C0EFB9E55913.thumb.png.2d627691f04fb22c32c8e13a507973ed.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
23 minutes ago, Supreme Leader Snowkes said:

Not looked at the forecast today so was a bit shocked to see the S word Forecast.

As for Temperatures as long as you DP is negative with EC snow is quite possible to low levels with an air Temperature of +2 And a offshore wind 

A quick blink and you will miss it though with a rapid thaw from mid morning.

C.S

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I can see it to fairly low levels I don’t buy this only the high ground that’s more on accumulation side I’d say. HIRLAM looks pretty good for you lot with some quite heavy snow being modelled.

FB76D3BC-DFC8-4E04-B096-23C8F6594889.thumb.png.aa8ffe7d9a705f19bd66cf57624cd0c2.png223C6B88-A2A2-43BD-A7B9-263BD5F724FF.thumb.png.5b1663b4b2f801dbb8004a7406415f72.png75DABAB1-5221-4EDA-97F2-C0EFB9E55913.thumb.png.2d627691f04fb22c32c8e13a507973ed.png

Don't see the winds remaining favourable for anything more than sleet or at best very wet snow ,not very exciting in fact sounds pretty miserable ,lol

Posted
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

Don't see the winds remaining favourable for anything more than sleet or at best very wet snow ,not very exciting in fact sounds pretty miserable ,lol

Passing the message on from Di again I see :nonono:

Posted
46 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Don't shooooooooot the messenger :oops:

Sorry mate, just tell the OX to get back in her box as Winter is not over! lol

• Like 1

Posted

a lot of NW England is now in the warning for tonight/tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

4826B63E-BDC0-4DE5-85D4-DA1007BEC1D2.thumb.png.cbf8998838d83dd9339c00c81d1b4ca2.png

There is absolutely no chance I need to be warned about tomorrow! 

Posted

Not in the warning but not surprised, Meto has us down as getting heavy rain with 80% at 4am, 90% chance at 5am followed by 3 hours of sleet 70/50% and then heavy rain again at 9am

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
2 minutes ago, Supreme Leader Snowkes said:

Not in the warning but not surprised, Meto has us down as getting heavy rain with 80% at 4am, 90% chance at 5am followed by 3 hours of sleet 70/50% and then heavy rain again at 9am

Sounds about what I would expect the app to show. 

Posted

5-10cm around here.... doubt it, Buxton/dove holes plastered 15-20cm... currently 0c dew -2c.....  huge snow drifts about still... at least the roads are all open atm.....

Posted

Currently 2.1°C, DP -0.5°C. Now just about conducive for snow even without evaporative  cooling, although no doubt temp/DP will rise a bit when cloud comes so could do with a little bit more margin for error. 

Posted

-1c clouding up so temp prob on rise in a bit...... might wake up to white garden  or white hills.... 

got a leaf blower and managed to get rid of a ton of leaves I still don’t know where they came from... oh well...night all... 

Posted
6 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

-1c clouding up so temp prob on rise in a bit...... might wake up to white garden  or white hills.... 

got a leaf blower and managed to get rid of a ton of leaves I still don’t know where they came from... oh well...night all... 

Erm...maybe from the trees?  Just a thought 

Posted

Not from near here.. the wind was so strong... think it was from the hills across the valley... plus I don’t have ivy/holly/ palm leaves near me....I live next to open fields...

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Not from near here.. the wind was so strong... think it was from the hills across the valley... plus I don’t have ivy/holly/ palm leaves near me....I live next to open fields...

In that case; how weird. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Its here early wonder what it will be?