Mokidugway

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

2 hours ago, itsnowjoke said:

Forgot to put these on from the snow we had other day I saw it on the way to work

IMG_1627.JPG

IMG_1628.JPG

Looks like something out of a horror movie lol.

2 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Nice frost this morning followed by a pea souper of a fog ,soon cleared to reveal a gorgeous day .

Followed by a scotch mist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris.R said:

Did you think the sun would be cold?

It was a nice surprise to feel a real kick to the sun today in Cumbria,  out of the wind it was great - 2 hour walk and I am a bit sun burnt !! 

15th March looks about the date for height rises around to our northeast, watching with interest. We could get a classic battleground snow setup at some point in the next week or so.

• Like 1

Not too bad today, had some sun earlier but surprisingly the sun  was really freezing; I had to go into the shade to get warm! Anyway, rain not far away now. Looks like a very mild day tomorrow for a change.  

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

15th March looks about the date for height rises around to our northeast, watching with interest. We could get a classic battleground snow setup at some point in the next week or so.

Sounds great! :-) Wouldn’t mind another event like yesterday, even if it only lasted a few hours. 

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

Not too bad today, had some sun earlier but surprisingly the sun  was really freezing; I had to go into the shade to get warm! Anyway, rain not far away now. Looks like a very mild day tomorrow for a change.  

Not quite sure what point you are trying to make but seems a bit off - people are just recounting the weather today , it often doesn’t feel partic warm in the sun during winter and it’s been a pleasant surprise to feel some warmth today from the sun !

8 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Followed by a scotch mist.

As in Andy Murray and numerous Wimbledons 🍾

• Like 1

whoops accidentally posted in the mod thread thinking I was NW thread

Hope the forecast tomorrow is wrong I need it rain free so I can degrease my bike chain set

33 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

ECM Brings back the beast from the East

Edit

Holly Crap it looks fantastic

C.S

ECM brings -13 Uppers by day 9

WOW just WOW

With snow spreading east to west

C.S

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

WOW just WOW

C.S

Hopefully not another yawn fest.

Edited by Mokidugway

1 hour ago, Supreme Leader Snowkes said:

whoops accidentally posted in the mod thread thinking I was NW thread

Hope the forecast tomorrow is wrong I need it rain free so I can degrease my bike chain set

Lol I do that a lot. Should be drier in the afternoon, and quite warm. 

• Like 1

Still some big drifts in the North Pennines following last week when we had our most severe blizzard for years.

Below is the view in our village of Nenthead, in the North Pennines on 28th February when the daytime maximum temperature was -5C!

DSC_0058.JPG

And these are some of the conditions we had on higher ground above Nenthead:

DSC_0066.JPG

6 minutes ago, iapennell said:

And these are some of the conditions we had on higher ground above Nenthead:

DSC_0066.JPG

Hi Ian

could we have a late March 2013 repeat this year ?

7 minutes ago, shotski said:

Hi Ian

could we have a late March 2013 repeat this year ?

Unfortunately I do not have the powers to organise the weather, otherwise I would make sure we did have proper seasons. I will get round to posting a spring forecast by next week, so it will be in time for the second half of March, April and May. 

There are some indications of a few more days with blocking over Scandinavia leading to further cold easterlies during the second half of March, however I will be able to provide a clearer picture of this, and the weather going forward when I have done a thorough analysis of the global drivers.

Rather Un weather-related, but still concerning the North West is this Site in which I start a Campaign to get  North West Regional Television coverage for Cumbria and Lancashire improved:

https://northwestisnorthwest.blog

Ian Pennell 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, iapennell said:

Unfortunately I do not have the powers to organise the weather, otherwise I would make sure we did have proper seasons. I will get round to posting a spring forecast by next week, so it will be in time for the second half of March, April and May. 

There are some indications of a few more days with blocking over Scandinavia leading to further cold easterlies during the second half of March, however I will be able to provide a clearer picture of this, and the weather going forward when I have done a thorough analysis of the global drivers.

Rather Un weather-related, but still concerning the North West is this Site in which I start a Campaign to get  North West Regional Television coverage for Cumbria and Lancashire improved:

https://northwestisnorthwest.blog

Ian Pennell 

You any further on with that ?? I'll be issuing my first synopotic teleconections based forcast next week  I can't wait :)

15 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

WOW just WOW

C.S

And for once I won't care , I'll be in Cyprus:drinks:

• Like 1

Quite tired as had a prat from Estonia turn up at mine at 4 am to collect a  telehandler ,supposedly was collecting this afternoon,apart from that it's damp and mild 💤💤💤💤

12.5°C here and rising fast. 

11c here heating off 

Mild And sultry out .......

Raining here nothing unmarginal at all!!