Mokidugway

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Just shows how bizarre the weather can be across the NW with huge variations, probably more so than other regions. Woke up.to puddles today and nowt else.

• Like 1

Indeed ,strong sunshine till about 3pm

• Like 1

Really nice surprise this morning even though a few models did suggest snow in the areas that got it. Bit of a fail from the Met in some parts though.

We still look on track for another cold spell from the East/Northeast mid-month so Winter isn't done with us yet.

• Like 8

This mornings snow was great and prob the most we have had for a few years. Pity it melted so fast - was nice while it lasted. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Glorious day here ,worked outside in jumper as was warm ,so glad I missed that slop other parts had .

Yes   - getting tedious now - I don't know why I have come on here - after February the climbing and "expedition" season was all but over (it must still be in my psyche) but we dont do as near as much as we did.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Really nice surprise this morning even though a few models did suggest snow in the areas that got it. Bit of a fail from the Met in some parts though.

We still look on track for another cold spell from the East/Northeast mid-month so Winter isn't done with us yet.

Hope not.

Were off to Northumbria (Kielder) in the middle of absolute nowhere in 10 Days (ha ha) time - they're probably still digging themselves out :closedeyes:

8 hours ago, janmac said:

6.20am...looked out of the window - heavy snow and a light dusting.  7am - covered.  By the time I left for work and hour later there must have been a good couple of inches on the ground!  Got stuck in ridiculous traffic on the way to work.  A journey that should have taken 12mins took about an hour!!

Now all melting at a rapid rate!

Similar here in Rammy, so I left for work early at 7...took 4 hours to get to Lanc Uni. Worse ways to spend a morning though, watching the snow pile up with some good music on. Amazing how quick it came, how much there was in higher parts (20cm maybe), and how quick it went - only evidence of it on the higher parts coming home.

So many snow events this year for Rammy, mostly small ones, but big powder dump last week (and amazing blowing snow) and now a quick wet snow dump, the complete opposite today. Evap cooling really can do wonders sometimes.

• Like 1

Missed out on the snow, a pity, just too far north, otherwise a very wintry start would have occurred. Alas just a chilly cloudy March day.

Well I'm sure there will be further chances of snow this Spring, a couple of years ago we had a light covering of snow almost into May! Scott Richards who doesn't live that far from me posted a video if it, hope he doesn't mind me showing it on here. Just goes to show wintry weather is far from over. :)

• Like 2

Just been to a musical showcase at college with my daughter in it absolutely brilliant and she's just got into Uni today got confirmation teatime leaving home in September for threee years to go to Salford at the dance academy proud parent moment better than snow 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Well, we hope he won't be coming back! Thunderbolt_

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Scoots back on :rofl:

This morning was amazing - biggest snowflakes I have ever seen, ankle deep in snow. Wonderful while it lasted.

44 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Hope not.

Were off to Northumbria (Kielder) in the middle of absolute nowhere in 10 Days (ha ha) time - they're probably still digging themselves out :closedeyes:

Oh dear, good luck you might need it.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Just been to a musical showcase at college with my daughter in it absolutely brilliant and she's just got into Uni today got confirmation teatime leaving home in September for threee years to go to Salford at the dance academy proud parent moment better than snow 

Ace mate :good:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Ace mate :good:

Thanks mate means a lot 

A brief taste of more spring like conditions. 

If the UKMO is on the money things get interesting in a week' time. 

It' causing the MOD thread to stir and Steve ( sausage ) Murr has come out of hibernation.

12 hours ago, Day 10 said:

Oh dear, good luck you might need it.

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.afb10e00c27e68c562f0588d125be8b8.png

......you may be right :shok:

......and FI will probably verify - hope he still has plenty of logs for the burner :D

• Like 1

Yet another air frost last night, 22nd of the winter. Minimum -1.2°C. 

• Like 1

Feels quite pleasant and a little humid outside today, first time i've been outside without a jumper for a good few months since mid-October. A shame the cloud has rolled in and rain forecast for overnight as it'd otherwise be good weather for using the Bivvy tent. Still a few patches of snow lying around the north-facing side of farm walls but the majority of it has gone.

Forgot to put these on from the snow we had other day I saw it on the way to work

IMG_1627.JPG

IMG_1628.JPG

Nice frost this morning followed by a pea souper of a fog ,soon cleared to reveal a gorgeous day .

10 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Nice frost this morning followed by a pea souper of a fog ,soon cleared to reveal a gorgeous day .

Yes - a belter.

The Sun was actually warm.

Just now, Iceaxecrampon said:

Yes - a belter.

The Sun was actually warm.

Did you think the sun would be cold?

49 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Did you think the sun would be cold?

No less than your sense of humour m'lud 😂😎