Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Mokidugway

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Just reading all the other threads and coming across statements like “good by Winter 2017/2018 you will long live in the memory”, make me jealous and jaffa cakesed off.  The entire country seems to have had at least 1 good dumping many places more. I’ve had 2 dusting and thelow on Tuesday gave me 3cm. 

I really don’t know how Chorley gets snow. Northerly = Wishbone

Easterly = doesn’t reach

NorthWesterly = not cold enough. 

Slider = goes under

Still not made a snowman with the kids. 

Feeling grumpy. 

Edited by Spah1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

Just reading all the other threads and coming across statements like “good by Winter 2017/2018 you will long live in the memory”, make me jealous and jaffa cakesed off.  The entire country seems to have had at least 1 good dumping many places more. I’ve had 2 dusting and thelow on Tuesday gave me 3cm. 

I really don’t know how Chorley gets snow. Northerly = Wishbone

Easterly = doesn’t reach

NorthWesterly = not cold enough. 

Slider = goes under

Still not made a snowman with the kids. 

Feeling grumpy. 

  • In a word ,northwest coast ---- clusterfoooook of nothing weather :nonono: or a few words ,lol
Edited by Mokidugway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

Just reading all the other threads and coming across statements like “good by Winter 2017/2018 you will long live in the memory”, make me jealous and jaffa cakesed off.  The entire country seems to have had at least 1 good dumping many places more. I’ve had 2 dusting and thelow on Tuesday gave me 3cm. 

I really don’t know how Chorley gets snow. Northerly = Wishbone

Easterly = doesn’t reach

NorthWesterly = not cold enough. 

Slider = goes under

Still not made a snowman with the kids. 

Feeling grumpy. 

I feel your pain. No snow here had it falling and settled for few hrs. But cold was epic!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy snow  reported in the West Midlands. It’s not over yet guys.  Until I hear that fat lady loud and clear I’m not losing hope. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

Heavy snow  reported in the West Midlands. It’s not over yet guys.  Until I hear that fat lady loud and clear I’m not losing hope. . 

Maybe but we haven’t lost our snow shield! 😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Aye, after standing there at half time 1-0 down and wondering if i’d ever felt colder at a football match it all turned out well in the end.

Came as no surprise mate, season ticket holder 23 years followed them 30 years and this is one of the worst Everton teams I have seen. No character, no fight, no leaders, nothing! The rot started at the back end of Martinez's first season nearly 5 years ago and has steadily spiralled from there. It's nonsense that so called experts think we are safe.

Do you go the game Chris or are you like every other RS I know, armchair fan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Came as no surprise mate, season ticket holder 23 years followed them 30 years and this is one of the worst Everton teams I have seen. No character, no fight, no leaders, nothing! The rot started at the back end of Martinez's first season nearly 5 years ago and has steadily spiralled from there. It's nonsense that so called experts think we are safe.

Do you go the game Chris or are you like every other RS I know, armchair fan?

Every decision your manager made was met by derision by the fans.

i knew he wasn’t over popular but.........

on another matter, what the hell have Everton done to Keane, barely a shadow of the player we had here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Heavy snow  reported in the West Midlands. It’s not over yet guys.  Until I hear that fat lady loud and clear I’m not losing hope. . 

By the time it gets here it will have fizzled out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Heavy snow  reported in the West Midlands. It’s not over yet guys.  Until I hear that fat lady loud and clear I’m not losing hope. . 

Indeed

Week ahead forecast snow possible again by next weekend but nothing as severe as this last week.

I suppose any snow would be classed as an improvement after this week.

C.S

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Came as no surprise mate, season ticket holder 23 years followed them 30 years and this is one of the worst Everton teams I have seen. No character, no fight, no leaders, nothing! The rot started at the back end of Martinez's first season nearly 5 years ago and has steadily spiralled from there. It's nonsense that so called experts think we are safe.

Do you go the game Chris or are you like every other RS I know, armchair fan?

 I can’t afford it lol, would if I could. 

 Seriously I’m gutted for you. I like it when both Liverpool teams do well...unless it’s a derby obviously. :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, iand61 said:

Every decision your manager made was met by derision by the fans.

i knew he wasn’t over popular but.........

on another matter, what the hell have Everton done to Keane, barely a shadow of the player we had here.

I was going to ask you on that, what was he like for you? He has been truly awful so far along with Williams, glad he now misses 3 games. You are safe now :good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never really warms up this week either Temperature around the 7c Mark most of the week before dropping back towards weekend.

C.S

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sunday 18th March ...Forecast 21c In Cyprus....................Just Saying as I will be there :clap:...currently -0.1c here in Wigan and as dry as a witches ..........

Edited by Spurry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Indeed

Week ahead forecast snow possible again by next weekend but nothing as severe as this last week.

I suppose any snow would be classed as an improvement after this week.

C.S

A battleground snow event for us to end Winter would make up for this weeks tripe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You sticking around all year Moki?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Snow or no snow ,I'm taking my new Volvo x90 to snow tomorrow to see it is any good 😊 

Edited by Mokidugway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

I was going to ask you on that, what was he like for you? He has been truly awful so far along with Williams, glad he now misses 3 games. You are safe now :good:

Keane was abysmal today, only player who gave a ****

was Gylfi Sigurdsson  and Fat Sam took him off....this season is so embarrassing 

Edited by Spurry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

You sticking around all year Moki?

I'm an all year guy , convection is my forte ,lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lightest of snow falling, I looked out of the window and waved good bye to the beast and thought this may be the last little bit of snow until next winter (unless that bit over the west mids re-groups and intensifies ha) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Spurry said:

Sunday 18th March ...Forecast 21c In Cyprus....................Just Saying as I will be there :clap:...currently -0.1c here in Wigan and as dry as a witches ..........

I thoughtI was clever sodding off to South America  in January to miss the cold , how wrong was I ,lol

Edited by Mokidugway
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stratocumulus perlucidus said:

We are apparently gonna get 3 hours precipitation from about 20mins! Cant see that based on current radar

Unless it moves at a rapid rate neither can I, would be nice for people to get something out of it, Midlands have done well AGAIN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't see much from it lol , it's boiling off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snowing here now had a dusting in about 10 mins :closedeyes:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Can't see much from it lol , it's boiling off

Yeah its broke up pretty badly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×