Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
15 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Especially at T 4380 hours

Not for me. Be december then lol.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Didn't think the ECM could get any worse, but my god, it has...

Nothing against warmth (believe it or not) but that chart would top 30c if it verifies. Absolutely disgusting. I feel sick just thinking about it.

• Like 1

Posted

Well, here's something we haven't seen for weeks, a proper Manchester drizzly spell.

20180620_125828.thumb.jpg.01cbf27328784ad62b8a8c2a0b2ba6c5.jpg

After this is looks like a few cool days then hot Hot HOT starting from Monday. Sorry @Ice Man 85 but it looks pretty well nailed on for next week.

Mind you, 30C is a bit much, I'd prefer weeks of 25C over wild swings from 16 to 30.

Posted

Love the heat as much as snow especially if it’s wall to wall blue skies... bring it on.. been gardening/ landscaping nonstop for the last two weeks and would be great to sit out and enjoy sun and heat.... bbq, bonfire, few cold beers and glass of vino lovely  jubbly...

love the navgem bless it.... 36c and low of 20-24c.... hehe   

427B1F5B-CD0C-4D07-A261-C6DD2173A64D.png

6DC714AA-A395-423D-AD5E-3B8689277B66.png

Edited by WillinGlossop

3 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Love the heat as much as snow especially if it’s wall to wall blue skies... bring it on.. been gardening/ landscaping nonstop for the last two weeks and would be great to sit out and enjoy sun and heat.... bbq, bonfire, few cold beers and glass of vino lovely  jubbly...

love the navgem bless it.... 36c and low of 20-24c.... hehe   

427B1F5B-CD0C-4D07-A261-C6DD2173A64D.png

6DC714AA-A395-423D-AD5E-3B8689277B66.png

Aye ,looking like record breaking temps for next week , I'm shure the nearly late ice man will agree

Posted
3 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Aye ,looking like record breaking temps for next week , I'm shure the nearly late ice man will agree

Navgem update 36c up here 40c down south east....

7073EC94-3B3A-47C2-A599-98D7C472FEA1.png

99D29AB0-DD1F-4F4B-8128-810619FD14F7.png

• Thanks 1

Posted
Just now, Ice Man 85 said:

If a member by the name of slush man 85 appears on here, you'll know its me. I'd have melted.

If those temps came off I’d eat my hat and run on court at Wimbledon in the nuddie.... all three not happening... 

Posted
Just now, WillinGlossop said:

If those temps came off I’d eat my hat and run on court at Wimbledon in the nuddie.... all three not happening... 

the way the british tennis is right now, they'd likely as you to stay and play.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

If a protracted spell of hot weather evaporated man 85

ad_155187952-e1419249803622.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
1 hour ago, Ice Man 85 said:

ad_155187952-e1419249803622.jpg

Not to be sniffed at!

• Like 1

Posted

Here's something i've been keeping an eye on https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/water-situation-reports-for-england

Whilst we are still over the running 12 month average for the NW the last few months have seen a significant downturn in the rainfall we've been receiving. All the measured rivers in the NW are also running below normal. Not really surprising when you look at the past 8-10 weeks.

• Like 1

Posted

I was fortunate enough to be awake at 4am this morning and pretty much ran up onto the field to watch the solstice sunrise, a few spots of rain and biting-cold wind made things a little uncomfortable but there was just enough of a break through the clouds to see the first rays of sunlight before I called it a night. Shorter days and longer nights to look forward to for another 6 months again.

IMG_5554.thumb.JPG.99a709f8544159d2e7688223ccd73f5f.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Could see my breath when bringing in the washing.  Cold and not good for the Summer Solstice.  We have more than enough cold for most of the year so I resent autumnal weather in late June.

• Like 1

Posted

Off to bed after a weird weather day not hot but not cold stiff breeze

this summer seems to be part time just comes out after tea before it goes down over the houses in front blahhhhh

Posted

Lovely sunset.... eight hours in the garden.... not warm or cold but when sun came out and digging hard ground felt warm.... hopefully some bright sun/ blue skies and proper summer weather for a week maybe two....all I’m hoping for... except.... on a more depressing note my mums been diagnosed with cancer but hopefully being caught very early with surgery and recovery the avid gardener she is she’ll be up here in July and coming to rhs tatton again...  

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snow free zone said:

Will  I hope your mum makes a swift and full recovery. Best wishes to you all. 

Cheers thank you very much appreciated a bit of a shock.... 

Posted

Well so far Spring/early summer has been nigh on perfect and very tolerable.  Next week could push into the uncomfortable category particularly if humidity starts to rise.  Some of the charts going for very high temperatures.  Much rather prefer the warm but cooling breeze of today's weather.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Deep Snow please said:

The sort of weather we're looking at soon is beyond uncomfortable. Everyone make sure their keeping an eye on friends and family. 

Very true  looks like my air source  heat exchanger is going to get put through its first real conditions test 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
20 hours ago, dodgeredee said:

Well so far Spring/early summer has been nigh on perfect and very tolerable.  Next week could push into the uncomfortable category particularly if humidity starts to rise.  Some of the charts going for very high temperatures.  Much rather prefer the warm but cooling breeze of today's weather.

Yeah I'm not particularly looking forward to the projected heat this week given I have a chronic breathing problem. The warmth we've had so far has been fine but anything above 25 and I feel it in a bad way. 

• Like 1