Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted

I decided to take a short wander around Toddbrook Res in the High Peak yesterday as the sun was out and water-levels were low, it's just slightly over half-capacity with the upper-side void of water aside from the 'reclaimed' brook. Where i'm standing would normally be covered over by 8ft of water and I did hear that Marple Canal has been closed to allow continuation of the reservoir's current levels to remain up until October.

IMG_5773.thumb.JPG.4fa5801947d8ffc2ed817cb29bb060a5.JPGIMG_5799.thumb.JPG.20ebf19f17efd1a463122b71b675cd86.JPGIMG_5788.thumb.JPG.568e857aa0e68d4036930843d062d02f.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Normal August weather has arrived. Cloudy skies and 16c. And to think less than 200 miles away it's 31c+

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

The sun is out. But it feels like summer is miles away now. Feels super autumnal out there. Will the high pressure return I wonder?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

I do sometimes wonder if I am living in the same region as others on this forum. Agreed, it's not as hot now, but autumnal!? Certainly not where I am. Just a typical summer day with sunny spells and light winds. Perfectly pleasant out.

Posted
2 hours ago, Dexter said:

I do sometimes wonder if I am living in the same region as others on this forum. Agreed, it's not as hot now, but autumnal!? Certainly not where I am. Just a typical summer day with sunny spells and light winds. Perfectly pleasant out.

So do I. 

Pleasant. There has been that hardly any rain since that weekend before last. At least around here. 

Edited by Weather-history

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

Thunder & lightning this morning at about 04:45....

Posted

August is back, with usual typical wet fayre. After a dry (but not exceptionally so), three month period, August looks to be making up for things. It has been a wet month so far here, we've had some deluges at times, not least today, all making for quite poor summer holiday conditions. Never rate August, always marks the end of the summer for the Lake District (I put May in the summer category, not August). Whilst statistically every bit on average as warm as July, thanks to mild nights mainly, it is also mostly always wetter and duller than May, June and July, and it marks the wettest half of the year (Aug-Jan). 

Also not a good time for walking, hazy skies, countryside has a deep non-descript non-vividness about it, poor light levels for photography, muggy and wet conditions underfoot, it pales a long way behind the rest of the year in my book.

May and June please come back..

• Like 1

Posted

Had a lot of rain here  from the thundery showers, reports of flooding in whiston/prescot

Posted

Missed out on the thundery showers yesterday as they were all West of Manchester but today we've been hit by some heavy downpours.  Slipping down from the north west and travelling south eastwards....and unusual blossoming of potent showers for inland areas and the central spine of Northern England.  Yes please for Winter = copious amounts of snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Best thing that could have happened was United Utilities announcing that hosepipe ban. We've had several deluges since and it's raining heavily now as I speak. Nice to see the grass turning green once again after recent rainfall.

• Like 1

Posted

Had a sharp shower about an hour ago quite windy out 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Cloudy, damp and drizzly, anyone know where’s our summer gone.

Posted
10 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Cloudy, damp and drizzly, anyone know where’s our summer gone.

I thought this was our usual summer weather!? Not that bothered about this weather personally as it doesn't stop me doing anything. I'm not wishing a return to the heat, but equally, weather like we had last Saturday would be just fine for me, and probably decent enough for most I would have thought.

Edited by Dexter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
19 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

In to the ether,just 8 month of missery  to go but on a bright note I'll be in Vegas this time next week

Florida in three weeks for me.

Posted
16 minutes ago, Dexter said:

I thought this was our usual summer weather!? Not that bothered about this weather personally as it doesn't stop me doing anything. I'm not wishing a return to the heat, but equally, weather like we had last Saturday would be just fine for me, and probably decent enough for most I would have thought.

Yeah i’m Not after the heat back, the sunshine and an autumn feel to the days will suit me fine.

Posted

Cumbrian seasons in feel and state of mind:

Spring: April

Summer: May - July

Autumn: August - October

Winter: November - March

London seasons in feel and state of mind:

Spring: March-April

Summer: May-September

Autumn: October-November

Winter: December-February

• Like 1

Posted

Forecast to be 23C today. Heavily overcast here with no sign of cloud shifting soon. I expect it will remain cloudy most of the day so looks like it is going to be one of those really muggy type days. Strong breeze though which should hopefully provide some relief from the humidity if it keeps up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

The relentless slide into autumn carries on. This week a total cloudfest with little or no sunshine during normal waking hours.  No doubt someone will quote sunshine stats but at this time of year any sunshine occurs during the small hours when most of us are asleep. August so far has seen clear nights followed by infill during the day which melts away around sunset, pretty well par for the course for the past few years.

Posted
3 hours ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

The relentless slide into autumn carries on. This week a total cloudfest with little or no sunshine during normal waking hours.  No doubt someone will quote sunshine stats but at this time of year any sunshine occurs during the small hours when most of us are asleep. August so far has seen clear nights followed by infill during the day which melts away around sunset, pretty well par for the course for the past few years.

Yes but forecast completely failed here, for Southport today hours of warm Sunshine today.

1534606702062244452024.jpg

Posted
3 hours ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

No doubt someone will quote sunshine stats but at this time of year any sunshine occurs during the small hours when most of us are asleep.

Near the North Pole it might be, but it's night during the small hours around here. It's near 6am that the sunrises now.