Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

2nd sunless day in a row with more of a breeze than yesterday which delivered 12.8 mm of rain in the end.

27mm of rain this week. No wonder things are looking a little greener than a week ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters
2 hours ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

2nd sunless day in a row with more of a breeze than yesterday which delivered 12.8 mm of rain in the end.

27mm of rain this week. No wonder things are looking a little greener than a week ago.

In other words it's been a bit crap I don't mind the rain but we've had hardly any sun apart from on Thursday which is quite depressing I know I shouldn't complain after the last month and a half but it's been mediocre at best the last 10 days or so. 

Edited by Summerstorm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
16 minutes ago, Summerstorm said:

In other words it's been a bit crap I don't mind the rain but we've had hardly any sun apart from on Thursday which is quite depressing I know I shouldn't complain after the last month and a half but it's been mediocre at best the last 10 days or so. 

It has been cooler in the last 10 days but in truth I for one am not complaining about that. Not when you consider how poor recent summers have been...also I do confess to feeling more than a touch of amusement reading posts from SE England members grumbling that it's too hot while we have far more comfortable but still pleasant temperatures.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

This mornings forecast said NW England would see the best of the sunshine today with more cloud on Sunday.

after today’s letdown of wall to wall cloud, occasional drizzle and a max temperature of 17c I just hope to god they got it the wrong way round.

Posted

Hi all., I Don't post much but the weather for the North West over this next week has be confused a bit with the low out west... And if I hear the south east one more time grrrr. Anyone's thoughts for us? We going to get some sun and warmth or is going to stay how it is with bands of showers coming in of the low and limited sun? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leeabz said:

Hi all., I Don't post much but the weather for the North West over this next week has be confused a bit with the low out west... And if I hear the south east one more time grrrr. Anyone's thoughts for us? We going to get some sun and warmth or is going to stay how it is with bands of showers coming in of the low and limited sun? 

Hit and miss I'm afraid but warm if not hot by weekend and potentialy  stormy and welcome 

Posted

Cheers for that... Can't complain we had it good for a while . Just missing the sun now think I need to get one of those SAD lamps lol 

Posted

Eeew! Light drizzle in the campsite here in Hayfield this morning.

Posted

Not seen much sun for a few days here either. Can tell it's  hot in the SE with all the knicker wetting in the mo thread. Rain friday, drizzle yesterday and more of the same today, cloudy and damp at the moment. Looks like the week ahead promises more of the same with a more noticeable nw/se split. Whilst we may miss out on most of the rain it looks like cloud and dampness will persist.  Been a great spell of weather up to now though .... but it just had to end when the schools shut for summer didn't  it !

Posted

And to rub salt into the wound, the southern counties WILL get spectacular thunderstorms at the end of the upcoming southern heatwave and the NW will get stratus cover and patchy drizzle as per this morning 

Even if we joined in with heat and sun , we would still get patchy drizzle at the breakdown, or if we are lucky.. moderately heavy rain !  haha 

Still not a single rumble here since May 2017,   is am now banking on 2018 being complete thunder free here ,  amazing to think we once got multiple storms in a day , and it would be rare to get through a fortnight without thunder in the 3 main summer months in the seventies and eighties 

Posted

Been up to Ladybower today seeing the old railway sleepers as the water-levels are down, heading there from Hayfield to Chapel-en-le-Frith it's cloudy but relatively light with the occasional break in the cloud. Just a few miles on the road over Rushup Edge and Brown Knoll the cloud is all the way down to 350m ASL with visibility being less than a handful of meters and consistent drizzle. No surprise that 2 of Kinder MRT vehicles were heading in the Bowden Bridge direction.

Posted

Low cloud and a bit of drizzle early doors this morning, but the clouds breaking up now and the suns threatening to put on a late show.  You can feel the warmth in the air too.  To be honest I'm quite glad we'll not be as hot as what those in the south east are going to get in the next week or so....humidity will rise and make it my most unbearable type of weather.  The Monster from Morocco more unwelcome than any beast from the east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
3 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Can't seem to post anything in mod thread with humour ,maybe captain no sense of humour  deleated  it ,lol

Maybe the hotter than a hot thing heatwave that they are all craving is getting on top of them a bit now.

what they need is a good old NW region cloudy spell to cool them down a bit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Maybe the hotter than a hot thing heatwave that they are all craving is getting on top of them a bit now.

what they need is a good old NW region cloudy spell to cool them down a bit.

Indeed ,southern softies cant cope ,lol

Edited by Mokidugway

Posted

I managed to see the remains of the old railway-track bridge trusses spanning across the Upper Derwent Res today, the 'sunken village' is further up the valley towards the Howden Dam but time was limited and just a few remains were evident looking in that direction with the binocs. 

1722.thumb.JPG.bdcc9e33b4893681de5da6de9ffe10d2.JPG1724.thumb.JPG.c6d5293f2bcc5ee2aa7e6174fd839a20.JPG

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

I managed to see the remains of the old railway-track bridge trusses spanning across the Upper Derwent Res today, the 'sunken village' is further up the valley towards the Howden Dam but time was limited and just a few remains were evident looking in that direction with the binocs. 

1722.thumb.JPG.bdcc9e33b4893681de5da6de9ffe10d2.JPG1724.thumb.JPG.c6d5293f2bcc5ee2aa7e6174fd839a20.JPG

Funny i was there today ,lol

• Like 1

Posted

The original plan was to head up to the Kinder Trig Point and railway air-shaft up on Brown Knoll in the morning, but passing over Rushup Edge on the way into Edale with the cloud base all the way down and barely any visibility until getting through Winnats Pass we decided on a lower route instead. Here at least the skies didn't clear until at least 4pm which the MWIS forecasted almost spot-on. 

Got to the upper car-park at the Derwent Dam around 10am and it seems most of the usual Manchester, Sheffield, Chesterfield tourists also had the same idea lol. Chock-a-block as usual.

Posted

4th successive day with rain here.  Moderate rain this morning dying out at the moment but it looks grey over to the west could be a bit more on the way. 

Edited by Snow free zone

5 hours ago, Snow free zone said:

4th successive day with rain here.  Moderate rain this morning dying out at the moment but it looks grey over to the west could be a bit more on the way. 

It's rained every day here at some point rather sick of folk going on about it being hot ,it's crap 

Posted
On 21 July 2018 at 15:39, Carl46Wrexham said:

The last completely sunless day here was the 24th of April

Posted

Cloudy start but brighter and a bit of sunshine as the afternoon went on and a decent 26c.

These conditions suit me fine and the SE can keep its 33.5 c with their hopes for even record breaking temperatures.

i like that type of stuff but only when they are part of a holiday, a pool and an all inclusive drinks package......not when i’m working.

• Like 2

Posted

29c today... humid as though... fog/low cloud/drizzle yesterday 20c... certainly felt it today... re-grouting patio was sweaty today... luckily cooler tomorrow when digging trenches for some large tree trunk to level up a cleared soil bank