Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

15 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Isn't it problem for everyone? Our society demands more water than ever. Dishwashers, washing machines etc. 

I think the water companies can improve with efficencies but so can we but they can't rain make though and demand always increases during warm weather. There is no getting away from it.. 

Are they telling to you not to use water? No

Are they telling you not to water the garden? No

Are they telling you not to wash the car? No

Will you be effected because you can't use an hosepipe? Do you even own a hosepipe? 

He might not but I imagine he pays water rates ,lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

He might not but I imagine he pays water rates ,lol

Edited by Spurry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

Isn't it problem for everyone? Our society demands more water than ever. Dishwashers, washing machines etc. 

I think the water companies can improve with efficencies but so can we but they can't rain make though and demand always increases during warm weather. There is no getting away from it.. 

Will you be effected because you can't use an hosepipe? Do you even own a hosepipe? 

Yes I own a hose pipe and Yes I will be affected...I will be seriously pi**ed off

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

At some point a massive relaying of water supplies is going to be undertaken. Rather than keep on top of the situation they've let it get to a point where a) it's going to cause massive disruption to the water supply and b) it's probably going to fall on us to pay for the work...

All in the name of short term profit

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Lets put it into some perspective. It's a hosepipe ban. Surely people can survive without using a hosepipe for awhile? 

It's not the ban people have a problem with but the fact that the ban is a result of poor management from a privatised monopoly as we have no choice but to use United Utilities

When they fail to supply 20% of their total supply due to leaks, people should have a right to complain

The ban should have been put in place weeks ago when they were harping on that the reservoirs were fine and over 75% full, now suddenly in the space of 2 weeks all that plentiful water has vanished ? They're inept at dealing with their own infrastructure let alone dealing with meeting the demands of their customers

Edited by Supreme Leader Snowkes
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
3 hours ago, Weather-history said:

It's not pc but it's the truth - what about all the people who have come to live in the region from overseas? Walking round the city centre is like taking a trip across the whole world. Pretty sure they won't shower or cook using bottled water.

Posted

I'm sure today was supposed to be cool and cloudy, just a few days ago, but it's lovely out: 22 and sunny. The weekend forecast is similarly cool and cloudy, so I look forward to it being nice again!

And next week, maybe another scorching spell...

Posted

I think there's a blooming of the showers in our region and some could get a hefty downpour soon.  Feels muggy, no wind...avoided most of the rain today but out west there's a gathering of showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not much rain today but after it looked like brightening up late afternoon it’s a bit heavier at the moment.

currently 15c and with a maximum of only 16c one of the lowest temperatures of the summer so far.

lets hope the dreaded SE/NW split isn’t about to set up with us looking on tearfully while the summer carries on darn sarf.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

A normal summer's day here.

15c - cloudy with persistent steady rain.

In a typical summer I would be cursing but this rain, following on from the 14mm that fell in the thunderstorm of the 16th July is very welcome indeed.

5 days this month now that we have had rainfall. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
24 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Not much rain today but after it looked like brightening up late afternoon it’s a bit heavier at the moment.

currently 15c and with a maximum of only 16c one of the lowest temperatures of the summer so far.

lets hope the dreaded SE/NW split isn’t about to set up with us looking on tearfully while the summer carries on darn sarf.

The met office 6-30 day outlook talks of a "west/east split in conditions" likely and "increasing threat of more organised rain in the west".

4 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

The met office 6-30 day outlook talks of a "west/east split in conditions" likely and "increasing threat of more organised rain in the west".

I would say  summer is pretty over for the north west ,was good though and roll on summer  2019 ,iĺ be putting garden furniture  away this weekend. 

Edited by Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 minute ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

I hope me being as far east in the North West means my summer carries on.

its not often I want to live in Yorkshire but........

Posted
26 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

I would say  summer is pretty over for the north west ,was good though and roll on summer  2019 ,iĺ be putting garden furniture  away this weekend. 

That's no better than saying winter is over when we are just over half way through the season. How do you know summer is over? 

Posted
31 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

But what is the definition of west? For instance, Edinburgh is further west than Wrexham 

Posted

Get today out of the way and hopefully several dry and warm days to follow.

summer 2018, the gift that keeps on giving.

Posted

Damp cloudy start but the suns coming through again.

after yesterdays blip, the return of summer?

Posted
16 hours ago, Weather-history said:

But what is the definition of west? For instance, Edinburgh is further west than Wrexham 

Indeed. I'm about as far east as Hexham. I would say only Merseyside, West Lancs and parts of Cumbria are truly western areas. All other areas can often be affected by weather from the east. 

Posted

Edinburgh is further west than Liverpool even. Anywhere in the region can get affected by weather from the east.

Anyway, another disappointingly cloudy day. I said in the moan thread a few weeks back the great summer would break when I returned and lo and behold...

I was here for the first two weeks in July 2017 and honestly it felt better than this year. What a letdown.

Posted
43 minutes ago, AderynCoch said:

Edinburgh is further west than Liverpool even. Anywhere in the region can get affected by weather from the east.

Anyway, another disappointingly cloudy day. I said in the moan thread a few weeks back the great summer would break when I returned and lo and behold...

I was here for the first two weeks in July 2017 and honestly it felt better than this year. What a letdown.

Absolutely but the further east you go you are without a doubt influenced much more by it. Beast from the east an example. Anyway there's a classic NW/SE split going on today. Hot day in London...much cooler and cloudier the further North and West one goes. 

Edited by Frost HoIIow