IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
6 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Scraped 30C here today...

25/06/2018 15:20:02 30.0

Already 22c at 0940 going to be s hot one.

C.S

Posted
47 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Already 22c at 0940 going to be s hot one.

Overnight low at MAN was 4 degrees warmer than Sunday night, temp now is also 4 degrees warmer than the same time yesterday. So we could be heading for 32C there and warmer in built up areas. Manchester record under threat? That was 33.7C in 1976.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Already 26c reported at Manchester Airport 30 mins ago. Going to be a scorcher. The hot and dry weather isn't going to do us any favours with regard to the fires on the moors above here. Guess it could be a lot worse if winds were stronger.

Edited by Dexter

Posted

28.5c.... direct sun 44c.... hot hot hot.... blue skies... in shade digging out some plants with huge roots this morning sweat buckets.... 

Posted

30c Hot Hot Hot..... sat in shade having sarnie and frozen cheesecake... see fires still going up Saddleworth these temps not helping those fighting them...  car in the sun was saying earlier 37c... 

230380BA-A152-4430-874D-555911AB6269.jpeg

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

See Liverpool and Chester hit the top spot in the country at 30c. What a fantastic summer you long suffering Northwesterners are having. You deserve it after the crud of the past few summers.

C

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The heat is absorbing the greenery of the grass here. Clear blue skies and hot sunshine. I hope it stays like this throughout the Summer with few wet days in between.

Posted
1 hour ago, carinthian said:

See Liverpool and Chester hit the top spot in the country at 30c. What a fantastic summer you long suffering Northwesterners are having. You deserve it after the crud of the past few summers.

C

It's been the warmest, sunniest and driest as a package May-June period that I can recall. 

• Like 3

Posted

The air in the city centre is pungent with the smoke from Saddleworth. There was no hint of it earlier, but it's unmissable now. There's enough to obscure the view of the Moors from my office too. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
18 minutes ago, alr1970 said:

The air in the city centre is pungent with the smoke from Saddleworth. There was no hint of it earlier, but it's unmissable now. There's enough to obscure the view of the Moors from my office too. 

Plenty of smoke in the sky here just a couple of miles from the blaze, but barely a smell of smoke. Presumably it is going over here and grounding further away.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
23 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

It's been the warmest, sunniest and driest as a package May-June period that I can recall. 

I think this is just coming to light now. Speaking to a few of my old friends in Skipton and Cheshire report it bone dry and never seen  much prolonged sunshine for a long time. Manchester looks like the sun capital of Europe at the moment. The heat of 1976 was intense at times as I remember but 2018 summer has produced the goods far much earlier than that classic summer. Long may it continue but rain dance maker may be needed soon !

C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

30c on the car on the way home and currently 28c up here in the hills.

summer 2018, the gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
39 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Plenty of smoke in the sky here just a couple of miles from the blaze, but barely a smell of smoke. Presumably it is going over here and grounding further away.

Yes I'm a bit further away and there was a strong smoky smell for a few hours but it's now subsided.

Posted

Love the way the news(bbc) say heatwave continues when nw England has warmest Uk temp of year yet when it’s london (st James Park) or se it’s the headline.... oh well.... can’t let the southerners know we have it warmer than them....hehe any hows the smoke has either increased or wind direction changed but over to the north of here can see it now... been blue skies all day.... everything is tinder dry up around now...hope no numpties start setting fires/dropping fag ends etc... 

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I know it's not official but my garden weather station hit 33.3c today,it was probably the hottest day I've experienced since I moved here in 1989 and it felt like being in the Mediterranean ☀️☀️.It's now 21:20 and it's still 23.6c..Looks like a very uncomfortable night ahead.