Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted

Well it's a hot n that's for sure

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
5 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

26.5 here knackered as back from  3 days in New York

Aye, it’s a brilliant place to go but hard graft.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

What a lovely day today still 25 out there, Probably should go rub it in on those easterners who are complaining about cloud this week :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

I'm not easily satisfied with the British climate but most of May has been brilliant.  Don't know the maximum today but I suspected it bested the forecast 28C - currently it's 24C @ 6:45pm.  Got taken up to go swimming in Hatchmere lake in Delamere Forest (Cheshire).  The pics show the conditions.  Cloudless blue sky until lunchtime when some fair-weather Cu bubbled up however the expected thunderstorms didn't materialise with current conditions calm, warm with some Cu.

Given the savage winter that's only recently ended, the water temp. of 19.5C isn't too bad for the time of the year.  In a good summer Hatchmere can easily reach 24-25C

Temp. recorded using a calibrated spirit scoop thermometer as per FINA stipulation.

Camera: waterproof Olympus Tough TG-810

P5280542.JPG

P5280553.JPG

P5280534.JPG

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
  • Like 1

Posted

Could do with a good storm clear the air and I don't like thunder and lightning 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
6 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Could do with a good storm clear the air and I don't like thunder and lightning 

Nowt wrong with the air up here.

blue skies, hardly a cloud and a decent breeze to stir it up, I think you need to leave the Burnley smog mate and head a few miles south up into the hills

• Thanks 1

Posted

Yep not had that awful muggy humid feeling yet.  The warmth has been easily tolerated with a refreshing breeze now & then to cool things down a little.  Still not summer and no signs at present of the jet stream sinking south to spoil things......yet.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Yep not had that awful muggy humid feeling yet.  The warmth has been easily tolerated with a refreshing breeze now & then to cool things down a little.  Still not summer and no signs at present of the jet stream sinking south to spoil things......yet.

4 months of this and then an Indian summer and i’ll be happy.

i’m not being greedy though, mid 20’s C will suit me fine and they can even throw in a weekly dose of rain so long as it’s overnight during the week.

• Like 2

Posted

Well it's muggy here any thunder on the way 

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Well it's muggy here any thunder on the way 

And it’s a no from me as well.

• Thanks 2

Posted

Two excellent bank holiday weekends on the trot, neither brought a drop of rain here, just lots of sunny warm and dry weather. Today and yesterday possibly brought the magic 25 degrees here, always a benchmark figure, not that easy to achieve in the Lake District. Indeed Summer 2012 didn't deliver one day with a maxima as high as 25 degrees.

The rest of this week looks likely to bring lots more sunshine and dry warm weather, low 20's maxima, and light winds. Superb weather. Its been a brilliant May every bit as good as May 1989 and 1992.

1 minute ago, damianslaw said:

Two excellent bank holiday weekends on the trot, neither brought a drop of rain here, just lots of sunny warm and dry weather. Today and yesterday possibly brought the magic 25 degrees here, always a benchmark figure, not that easy to achieve in the Lake District. Indeed Summer 2012 didn't deliver one day with a maxima as high as 25 degrees.

The rest of this week looks likely to bring lots more sunshine and dry warm weather, low 20's maxima, and light winds. Superb weather. Its been a brilliant May every bit as good as May 1989 and 1992.

I guess I missed the storm as I was on the other side of the pond ,lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters
3 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Aye and to much booze

Time to rename yourself to Mokidrunkway then? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, ice.

Another splendid day in Workington Unbroken sunshine, very little wind and very warm. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Its still 19c here and bloody stifling. How anyone could find that pleasant is beyond me U6Uzb2S.thumb.gif.3c843e02062d06488ab466e02a01f086.gif3FzXZjs.thumb.gif.895ea35c4d940f06b6bd032de98b0ecc.gif

• Like 2

Posted

What a cracking weekend :) a brief shower on sunday night that barely even wet the ground and that was that ... as long as we maintain any kind of easterly element to the wind direction we are well set IMBY for more dry and fairly sunny weather ... forecast for the rest of the week shows a little more cloud but it remains dry here.