Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

I have to say, I am not still seeking snow. However, Monday looks fascinating. Chance of a decent dumping of snow on high ground for a short time at least. Cue reports from Glossop on Monday....:D

Posted
1 hour ago, Dexter said:

I have to say, I am not still seeking snow. However, Monday looks fascinating. Chance of a decent dumping of snow on high ground for a short time at least. Cue reports from Glossop on Monday....:D

I’m not hoping for anymore either hopefully just atop the hills... don’t want anymore frosts either... spent whole of last two weeks gardening, cutting back bushes/branches, building a veggie patch with railway sleepers, repairing fences and shed roof... hopefully next weekend looking springlike sunny and warm ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
39 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

I’m not hoping for anymore either hopefully just atop the hills... don’t want anymore frosts either... spent whole of last two weeks gardening, cutting back bushes/branches, building a veggie patch with railway sleepers, repairing fences and shed roof... hopefully next weekend looking springlike sunny and warm ?

Yes, agree. Last week was great weather wise. We had a BBQ last Saturday as well which really got me in the mood for summer. Perfect temperature as well, not too hot and it was lovely and comfortable sitting out in the evening. That said, from a weather interest perspective, it will still be interesting to see how Monday unfolds. Anything that does fall on high ground won't stick around anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

9C at mid-afternoon on a late April day.  You couldn't make it up.  Looks like the couple of fine days last week were just a blip - our preternatural winter carries on.  This week? Yet another one of sunless, grey skies.

Posted

Awful day today, steady persistent rain and feeling cold.  Any threat of snow now will just be uselessly wet and slushy particularly at low level.  Monday looking vile for this time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

It may have been mainly sunny this afternoon but sat in the shade at the football, it felt damned cold and certainly not the conditions i’d be hoping for as we approach May.

Posted

Yes despite some decent sunny breaks and no rain, it felt chilly today with a nagging cold wind, three layers. Very different to last Saturday with people still sat outside at 9pm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Min of 2.4°C overnight. This is then the third year in a row that this week has been cold. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

A bloody joke this weather. 11C at this time of day with strong sunshine. It's almost May!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Cloudy with sunny intervals with my garden sensor showing 13C although it might have been somewhat affected by intermittent sunshine.  A lot better than the forecast 3-5C but still below par for the last day of April.  We were told that the recent strong SSW event could result in a couple of April "cold shots", hopefully this is the last one.  That strong Northerly feels decidedly chilly. 

Looking forward to the sunbathing weather expected over BH weekend.

Posted

A good Spring day, dry throughout and lots of sunny spells, skies have cleared out again this evening heralding another great sunset but also cold night - indeed could easily get down to freezing tonight. 

Despite the sunny weather it has felt distinctly chilly in the north easterly breeze, especially out of the sun.

Next couple of days don't promise much inspiring weather, much more cloud, some rain, and supressed maxes for early May, 9-11 degree range, preety poor. Lets hope we see enough influence of the azores high later this week to kick aside the dreaded SW fetch and its associated gloom - that often penetrates Cumbria whilst leaving the rest of England and much of Wales dry and sunny and warm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Other than feeling cold in the shade, another decent day here and once we can get tomorrow’s and Wednesdays rain over with it’s hopefully an ever improving picture as the BH weekend approaches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Spring what Spring!!!

Posted

No spring we only do autumn and winter and we don't do Winter that good either?

Posted
16 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Rain here too ,67 c......

Where are you visiting now the Sun ??

Posted

Scraping ice off the windscreen in May, not what I wanted after what seems to have been months of dreary weather.

other than the few days around the end of Feb - beginning of March and a repeat a couple of weeks later it’s never been overly severe but, ignoring the various calendar options of what is classed as winter,  I can’t remember one which has lasted as long as this one with Snow every month from November to April and now frost from October through to May.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Hellooo is there anybody there just shout if you can hear meeeee