IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted

Rain stopped suns out didn't have Thunder or lightening last night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

Front has passed through and the air is clearer than yesterday's. 

I was on the fells yesterday and was surprised how clear the air was then! From Silver Howe near Grasmere we could easily see the summit of Ingleborough maybe 30 miles away as the crowd flies, could be more... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Well the weather in my area last night fooled every weather site I know. They forecasted an overnight low of 12c. Was still 17 at 3 am.

Edited by Ice Man 85

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Last do on the tops anyone? :rofl:

prectypeuktopo.thumb.png.91a5ec1ae71b2f5e1aa84b84145b0bb7.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
4 hours ago, Ice Man 85 said:

Well the weather in my area last night fooled every weather site I know. They forecasted an overnight low of 12c. Was still 17 at 3 am.

Yes. We were forecasted mega storms of petulance and torrential of torrentialness. 

Didnt happen. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

sunshine's welcome to come back anytime. The heat that came with it though can sod off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
12 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

sunshine's welcome to come back anytime. The heat that came with it though can sod off.

Heat? :D It was a couple of days of low 20s, hardly what I would class as heat. I'm not a fan of hot weather but I found it just fine. God help you if we get a proper heatwave in Summer. I think you will have to sleep in front of the fridge with the door open or get a few strong beers down you - you'll soon forget how hot it is. :drunk: 

• Like 4

Posted
47 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Heat? :D It was a couple of days of low 20s, hardly what I would class as heat. I'm not a fan of hot weather but I found it just fine. God help you if we get a proper heatwave in Summer. I think you will have to sleep in front of the fridge with the door open or get a few strong beers down you - you'll soon forget how hot it is. :drunk: 

Was speaking broadly lol. The south was just shy of 30. Here is wasn't too bad, though saturday night was very humid. still 17 at 3 am according to my local stations.

My tolerance for warmth though is pathetic. I freely admit that. You're talking to someone whose warm at 12c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

A wild wet day here. I hope May will bring better weather. Fingers crossed!

Not this May though:

image.thumb.png.8fd4c6d45929dbe606cc589f1ee6630e.png

:rofl:

Posted

10c max rain from 11am... some quite heavy... more tomorrow... then maybe colder with hail/wintry showers... bit like last year and year before... warm spell then within a week sleet/hail/snow showers.... at least with all last weeks gardening/landscaping everything’s getting a bit of a watering... still can’t believe how four days warmth and sun has transformed the landscape around here.... love spring....

Posted

No rain here today. Sunny, dry and with a lovely cool breeze. A perfect combination that is sadly far too hard to achieve this time of year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Just had thunder and lightning here in past 10 minutes.

Posted

That T&L was a touch south of here but I saw towering dark clouds.  Earlier in the day while outdoors on the job one of the heaviest hail showers I've been in descended from the skies.  Thankfully it was only 5 minutes of inconvenience.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The outlook is very uninspiring unless unseasonal cool and rain is your thing. 

Looks like there will be fairly persistent episodes of frost at night which is quite unusual for April (but that will be away from coasts) 

It may be that our usual transition into Autumnal weather has come extremely early this year as there is no sign of anything remotely seasonal? (I.e. a mix of both warm and cooler days).. it just seems cold/cool for the foreseeable future. I would not be surprised if snow featured over the highest hills in the next week or so at times when showers occur.

Edited by SP1986

Posted

NWRadar showing hints of sleet up on Kinder this morning within the rainfall, 7 days ago I was out in the 21'c sunshine baking away and sipping a cold iced-tea out in the garden.

Posted

Currently 6c and raining so can imagine it’s sleety up there... at least sunny Saturday/Sunday maybe but going to feel cold Sunday night/Monday with risk of winteryness on hills according to Peak District forecast....

scratch that I know gfs can be a loose canon at times but snow Monday/Tuesday?

AD6BE3A6-D51C-4BB2-80A0-57C6AAECC4B4.png

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1