Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Can't remember the last storm here... 

How long can this stupidly long period of suppressed thunder activity go on for?? 

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

Still feels stuffy tonight. thursday night freshened up pretty nicely after similar conditions.

Edit: still 18 here according to local-ish stations. Sodding kack.

Edited by Ice Man 85

Posted

Last 'storm' aka thundery shower we had here in the Peaks was around January time when the Holme Moss tower got hit repeatedly, I might have seen a flash to the east but it's likely my imagination having just woken from a 2hr kip expecting the skies to be a strobe-light by now around here.

Posted
34 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Manchester Airport reporting 19C at 22.20pm

5 weeks ago, it was -1C at 12.20pm

22 degrees today, Monday is forecast for 12 degrees

drop of 10 in 2 days, crazy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
28 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Hate thunder and lightning scary 

Nah, sounded very cathartic!

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Flew with them very er ... cathartic ,air miles too :D

You’ve got more intense showers near you again according to the radar?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Another classic letdown!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Was quite humid earlier on. No sign of any rain or thunderstorms. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
7 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Flew with them very er ... cathartic ,air miles too :D

They're called Avios points now I think....I thought that was Spanish for "do one"

Edited by JeffC

Posted

North west storm drought goes on ,  despite storms in Cumbria last night , the main area of the NW was,as usual ,huge repellent to storm activity, even when everything looks right for them , they dont happen here , so I have stopped even bothering expecting them anymore

We had thunderstorms in North wales, thunderstorms in the lake district, thunderstorms in Yorkshire , a few sporadic ones in the midlands , widespread over southern England ,  but sweet FA in the North West,  even the Shetlands had a bit if you look at Blitzorg goddammit 

when I seestorms develop in North wales they  always move into the Irish sea and avoid the North West , its becoming  predictable, I had a feeling that would be the case last night , and so it was

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Disappointing to have missed out on all the convective action yesterday evening. All the ingredients seemed to be in place. Ample daytime heating and some unstable looking skies at time, just wasn't to be this time. 

Posted

Saw one flash over to the east last night but that was it.  Obviously the Yellow Warning was painted a bit too liberally over the North West.  One thing is for sure the band of rain now gathering to the west will have no problem covering the area with a nice amount of wetness later this morning.  Could do with some rain though.

Posted

Here's the rain,hopefully it passes through quickly so I can get out this afternoon

Posted
34 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Saw one flash over to the east last night but that was it.  Obviously the Yellow Warning was painted a bit too liberally over the North West.  One thing is for sure the band of rain now gathering to the west will have no problem covering the area with a nice amount of wetness later this morning.  Could do with some rain though.

Yes the  mundane rain will have no problem ,  but thunderstorms you can forget,  if its drab featureless stratus and drizzle/rain with meh temps the NW must be utopia if you like that kind of thing

Posted

Grey leaden skies with rain knocking on the door (already barged it's way in out to the west)... watching the London Marathon under cloudless warm skies... I wouldn't want to run a marathon today but it will be great for the spectators.

Just now, dodgeredee said:

Grey leaden skies with rain knocking on the door (already barged it's way in out to the west)... watching the London Marathon under cloudless warm skies... I wouldn't want to run a marathon today but it will be great for the spectators.

London has a continental climate so  much better weather , still wouldn't want to live there  as  full of southerners that are as friendly as a dose of clap ..

Posted
22 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

London has a continental climate so  much better weather , still wouldn't want to live there  as  full of southerners that are as friendly as a dose of clap ..

I stretch to a visit there every other year or so to see the sights and a show at the West End, but I wouldn't want to live there.  Far too busy and crowded and of course very, very expensive.