Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
10 hours ago, iand61 said:

After the last few months I can’t wait for some heat, even if it comes with humidity.

How do you sleep at night (and I mean that literally)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
22 minutes ago, Ice Man 85 said:

How do you sleep at night (and I mean that literally)

On top of the covers with the windows open.

TBH our house faces south east and is like an oven in warm weather not that we get much of that up here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, iand61 said:

TBH our house faces south east and is like an oven in warm weather not that we get much of that up here.

must be cooler in evenings then, sun off room by 2pm, facing N is the hottest in the evenings, sun on room from 5pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
1 minute ago, iand61 said:

An thats something to look forward to? today was nice, but once the iberian humidity arrives, it'll be hell if the GFS verifies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

must be cooler in evenings then, sun off room by 2pm, facing N is the hottest in the evenings, sun on room from 5pm

True but the bedrooms are practically in the roof space so it doesn’t cool down much overnight.

we’ve lived in this house over 20 years now and during hot weather regularly get upstairs temperatures of over 28c.

its nowt that a good shower won’t sort though and as someone who likes warm weather a price worth paying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Fantastic day in both the weather and football. Would’ve been even better if “pleasant company” had won the national and earned  me 40 quid.

Warmest day of the year, max 17.3°C. 

Posted
26 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Fantastic day in both the weather and football. Would’ve been even better if “pleasant company” had won the national and earned  me 40 quid.

Warmest day of the year, max 17.3°C. 

Same here with the first two although I didn’t bother putting a bet on so the national winner didn’t matter either way to my pocket.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
3 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Same here with the first two although I didn’t bother putting a bet on so the national winner didn’t matter either way to my pocket.

Yeah good win for you again. You could still catch Arsenal. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
18 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Yeah good win for you again. You could still catch Arsenal. 

We still have to play them at their place and after the stuffy wins they have enjoyed against us over the last few seasons we are due some luck.

somehow though I don’t think anyone will dare spoil the script of what could be Wenger’s last home game so 7th it probably is for us then.

• Like 1

Posted

Damp and misty again this morning, never mind the sunshine was nice while it lasted and at least the urgent parts of operation fence paint got completed.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Dry and sunny as yet ,dry , infact very dry and moisture free. Almost dusty in it's dryness...

Like still being on your hols Moki.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
53 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Dry and sunny as yet ,dry , infact very dry and moisture free. Almost dusty in it's dryness...

Dull and damp here. So is the weather...

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

And so the desiccation continues ....

We're well hydrated here...

Posted

Nice day until around  mid afternoon.  Warm again; maximum 15.1°C. It’s all thanks to the foehn effect. 

Posted

Not a bad first half to the day, light splashes of rain, odd heavy downpour, however, from mid afternoon it has been very wet, long spells of moderate/heavy rain. 

Looking ahead, Thursday currently looking the best day here, tomorrow should be dry but quite cloudy with a stiff wind, Tuesday now looks preety wet and miserable, Wednesday could see some early drizzle and low cloud slowly lifting through the day, and Friday looks quite cloudy with more of SW flow.

Posted
4 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Still parched here amazing as your only  8 miles away ATCF.

Out in Manchester today and the rain followed us home

Posted

Well I've shaved my legs painted my toe nails any one else heard about this heatwave ?