Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Another day miserable with a lack of sunshine and temperatures significantly below average. Forecast is for this to continue well into the weekend. Yuck. 

It's typical when it's Spring or Summer the Pennines let the murk and cloud through with so much ease  but in winter they make sure the snow is kept at bay. The very definition of sh...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
4 hours ago, SP1986 said:

Another day miserable with a lack of sunshine and temperatures significantly below average. Forecast is for this to continue well into the weekend. Yuck

It's typical when it's Spring or Summer the Pennines let the murk and cloud through with so much ease  but in winter they make sure the snow is kept at bay. The very definition of sh...

And we were all looking forward to Spring, roll on summer eh... :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

8c and the third day of drizzle up here.

technically mild and it’s only April but yuk.

never mind though at least there is the promise of something warmer in the coming days down south so at least we can sit in our lower teens and cloud while others enjoy the first period of lower 20’s and beer garden conditions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
5 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

The conditions that denied  me snow have worked and kept off the rain , not all bad ,lol

Yep I shouldn’t complain really as we did ok from the snowy easterlies but this stuff is crap and certainly not the fence painting weather I wanted.

anyway a glimmer of hope from Di Ox showing dry and steadily warmer over the weekend and into next week.

it can’t come soon enough for me and my heating bill.

Posted

Its one of those days where it's cloudy and claggy on the ground, but get up in a plane and a couple of thousand ft up you're already breaking into crystal-clear blue skies with uninterrupted sun. Next week is looking more promising though with temps of +16'c forecast.

Posted
10 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Its one of those days where it's cloudy and claggy on the ground, but get up in a plane and a couple of thousand ft up you're already breaking into crystal-clear blue skies with uninterrupted sun. Next week is looking more promising though with temps of +16'c forecast.

Flown into Manchester from holiday many times and can hardly remember when there wasn’t annoying cloud over the region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
4 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Not a bad day mostly sunny and quite mild after yesterday's muck ,lol

Lucky you! S.h.i.t.e here, dull all week. Next week fingers crossed...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
10 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

18-24c next week with added foehn effect.... can’t wait....

I like the 18-24°C but need the foehn free variety cos of my allegy.?

Posted

Slightly better than yesterday in that it way dry and cold rather than drizzly and cold.

never mind though, the drizzle has arrived just in time to stop me painting the fence for yet another day.

Posted
41 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Mostly a decent day though some rain now ,fence painted ???

Can I have your fence if it’s been painted.

4 panels at 4 ft will do for a start.

Posted
48 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

I'll email them over :D

Cheers

or I could send my fence and paint up so you can do it in your desert part of the region.

Posted

Mmm not the best of days, damp at times, some moderate rain late afternoon and a nagging wind again. Limited sunshine. Tomorrow looks quite drab as well, and unfortunately the weekend looks fairly cloudy threat of rain on Sunday. Looking forward to the promised drier warmer theme next week - hoping it holds for a decent weekend - would be sods law that it arrives when the kids go back to school and ends at the weekend...

April is the most conducive month for dry settled conditions here, its rare to go an April without at least a few decent dry calm days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter, heatwaves in summer :)

After a damp squib of a day yesterday the heavy rain has kicked in. None stop all night and set to continue through the day. Nothing worse than cold wet and windy tripe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I heard a legend once about this thing called the sun; I seem to remember once knowing what it was like  but that was  a long time ago.

Anyway next week is looking epic! Absolutely perfect to bring the best of the warmth and possible thunderstorms to us with help from the foehn effect. 

Posted

Another disappointing day, wet morning with a dry spell during the afternoon and then the usual 5 o’clock return of low cloud and drizzle and a maximum of 9c.

as for the weekend, it looks like a game of two halves, better on Saturday before more wet, miserable weather on Sunday but temperatures do look to be on the rise so hopefully not to perishing sat on the football.

Posted

Opened the curtains to same old cloud, dank, drizzle and this is supposed to be the better day of the weekend.

just hope the improvement forecast for later on arrives otherwise the fence painting is on hold again.

Posted

Still looking good for weds onwards next week, just hope the warmth lasts into next weekend. It'll feel even warmer than it shows though, we've only been above 10*C a few times this  year, maxes this past week have been 6-8*C. Temps into the 20s plus humidity is going to feel extreme! 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Mountain Snow said:

Still looking good for weds onwards next week, just hope the warmth lasts into next weekend. It'll feel even warmer than it shows though, we've only been above 10*C a few times this  year, maxes this past week have been 6-8*C. Temps into the 20s plus humidity is going to feel extreme! 

After the last few months I can’t wait for some heat, even if it comes with humidity.

• Like 2