Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The outlook looks persistently cold.. temperatures in the day between 2-5C below the long term average with frequent night frosts. I cannot see where seasonal average temperatures will come from if we stay in this pattern. 

Edited by SP1986

Posted

Temperatures took a tumble this afternoon, and we now have sleety snow falling nothing heavy, but indicative of the cold uppers penetrating the area. Expecting an air frost tonight. Very much feels like a winter evening than an April one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Raining with bit of sleet mixed in here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
6 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Some. Bubbleupacus around , certainly the warmest day of the year so far .

There is no way that’s a real cloud type lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Down to 3.4°C here; quite surprised it’s got that low. Max 12.1°C today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Yuk heavy sleety rain temperature 2.4c

C.S

Posted

Another very cold night and rather surprising considering the slight on-shore drift. Minimum 0.5°C. 

Posted
11 hours ago, Mountain Snow said:

Yes a wild night out there, strong north wind with sleet and wet snow. Very wet day today, feels more like January than April! 

Suns out blue skies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.

last of the pleasant days before the south-sourced muck returns.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

It feels chilly outside currently 7.1c overcast and a tad breezey. When are we going to get spring, thought I'd get nice weather in Spain but got almost 4 weeks of rain and just 2 decent days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

I don't we will get Spring this year in a sense.. the weekend and next week looks pretty horrible with wet and cold conditions dominating from today onwards. I suppose we are due a  very cold Spring though. It's whether Summer follows suit. 

For people that hate any type of warmth though this is as good as it gets (aside from an unseasonal snowfest)

Edited by SP1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: 6-10 degrees. Spring 12-16 degrees. Summer 17-22 degrees.
10 hours ago, SP1986 said:

I don't we will get Spring this year in a sense.. the weekend and next week looks pretty horrible with wet and cold conditions dominating from today onwards. I suppose we are due a  very cold Spring though. It's whether Summer follows suit. 

For people that hate any type of warmth though this is as good as it gets (aside from an unseasonal snowfest)

Based purely off of the LTA temps (long term average), the UK doesn't get springs. early spring is a winter continuation, then we deal with muck from europe bringing temps which are considered "normal" for mid july.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
23 hours ago, SP1986 said:

I'm pretty sure many people don't enjoy persistent heavy rain and temps of 8-10c which is what we seem set for today. These seem to be the types of conditions some of the mild rampers in the mod thread relish during spring for some bizarre reason. We've had a couple of decent days this week. Thursday was a cracker, sunny but not too warm.

Posted

Flooding could be an issue today along some river courses.. some very heavy rain on the radar which could last much of the day

Posted

Rain was heaviest in the west today, here further east not too bad.  It rained on an off until 2pm but it wasn't a deluge.  Grey skies now.

Posted

Anyone reported any thunder this year? I think some people have reported thundersnow.

I am struggling to remember the last time we had thunder for my location. The last thunderstorm was 13th September 2016 and even that we caught the western edge of it. 

9 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Anyone reported any thunder this year? I think some people have reported thundersnow.

I am struggling to remember the last time we had thunder for my location. The last thunderstorm was 13th September 2016 and even that we caught the western edge of it. 

I've had three lots including ironically thundersnow