Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted

Just got back off my bike ride in the freezing cold rain, wanted to test my new waterproof cycling jacket, it passed but the weather is a fail after a promising week of sunshine

Posted

I think the Met Office are right to put out a warning today for Monday, yes its 4 days away, but with lots of people on the move etc, the impacts of any snow might catch more people out than normal.

As ever it will be a nowcasting event, intensity and duration dictated by position of front and amount of evaporative cooling. Sunday will bring low dewpoints and a layer of cold surface air, this will linger into Monday morning and I can definately see a low level snowfall event from the predicted synoptics. We had snow fall on 30 April 2016 in milder uppers, it settled with temps around noon hovering around freezing. Snowfall in April has been a feature of many years here, and on occasion it can be very heavy and disruptive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
14 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

I think the Met Office are right to put out a warning today for Monday, yes its 4 days away, but with lots of people on the move etc, the impacts of any snow might catch more people out than normal.

As ever it will be a nowcasting event, intensity and duration dictated by position of front and amount of evaporative cooling. Sunday will bring low dewpoints and a layer of cold surface air, this will linger into Monday morning and I can definately see a low level snowfall event from the predicted synoptics. We had snow fall on 30 April 2016 in milder uppers, it settled with temps around noon hovering around freezing. Snowfall in April has been a feature of many years here, and on occasion it can be very heavy and disruptive.

It will probably be more disruptive in terms of snow than the dry powder snow from the Beast.Wet snow just sticks to everything and can settle much quicker.

C.S

Posted
1 hour ago, Mokidugway said:

We have ripples ,much nicer :drunk-emoji:

Your body your problem ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
29 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Your body your problem ?

He said Ripples...he's not Scaramanga

Edited by JeffC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Warning area has been narrowed

Posted

Convection bubbling up over Sheffield and heading eastwards at the moment, maybe the first signs of something thundery here since mid-January.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
10 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:
12 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

Convection bubbling up over Sheffield and heading eastwards at the moment, maybe the first signs of something thundery here since mid-January.

It won’t get to you if it’s going East. 

Posted

:oops: west I meant, probably won't get here anyway as it's heading more towards Manchester but still got my eyes glued onto the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Looks like a snow to rain event on Monday. Have a feeling that it could be one of those west is vest events to begin with like the 8th. Some hill snow tonight it looks like. My taf website is down so haven’t looked at them yet. 

Posted

Band of rain about to hit here,clouds are black,looks stormy,not seen it like that for a while

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
16 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Wind has got up and snowing but wet snow not laying

Sleeting down here.