Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Any chance of some warm weather, i’m fed up with winter now:wallbash:

off to North Yorkshire coast for a couple of days over Easter and would love shorts and t shirt conditions but I suppose i’ll settle for anything less than full arctic gear.

• Like 1

Posted

It's nice cycling in the sun and you can really feel the warmth and then the wind has to gust and ruin that warmth making it feel like winter instead of spring

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
6 minutes ago, Supreme Leader Snowkes said:

It's nice cycling in the sun and you can really feel the warmth and then the wind has to gust and ruin that warmth making it feel like winter instead of spring

It’s certainly felt like winter here.

got to 7c but even the sunshine had no warmth to it.

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Glorious day mewing about my place  ,it's coming ........

It certainly is might be September but it's coming

Posted

Love the fact anything from 60cm to no snow now being forecast... probably sleety icy rain and no accumulation.... I want spring now as flowers now coming out and the last two bouts brought enough snow to suffice my snow cravings... plus I’m going down to near Coventry Sunday for a christening and staying down until Tuesday... might miss it all.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
11 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Love the fact anything from 60cm to no snow now being forecast... probably sleety icy rain and no accumulation.... I want spring now as flowers now coming out and the last two bouts brought enough snow to suffice my snow cravings... plus I’m going down to near Coventry Sunday for a christening and staying down until Tuesday... might miss it all.. 

Play the reverse psychology card and that should equate to a foot.

Know the feeling being sent to Coventry.

Edited by Had Worse

Posted

Need to get to May before we can begin to shrug off the wintry coat.. April is a very fickle month, winter one day, spring the next. We had heavy snow on the 30 April just 2 years ago, it settled and temps hovered around freezing.. On average April is only just a bit warmer than November..

Posted

Hoping not.... three dead magnolia and a few dead trees... need to start getting garden in order.... snow fix done now... bring on spring.... at least birds nesting and back in garden.... had four to six foot icicles in last snow/cold spell... saw at chinley they had 10-15ft icicles on railway bridge and 10ft snow drifts.... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
12 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Hoping not.... three dead magnolia and a few dead trees... need to start getting garden in order.... snow fix done now... bring on spring.... at least birds nesting and back in garden.... had four to six foot icicles in last snow/cold spell... saw at chinley they had 10-15ft icicles on railway bridge and 10ft snow drifts.... 

Hmmm When size matters....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Great metoffice forecast update mentioning the possibility of rain turning to snow on Monday. Could make for an interesting day. 

Surely I'm not the only one left who would enjoy another snowfall still!? Lol! I just enjoy extremes of weather all year round. I don't subscribe to the seemingly popular template that we must have/look for mild/warm and sunny weather now that it is March.

Edited by Dexter
  • Like 1

Posted

Warning out for Monday for Eastern parts of the North West..... the Met App is showing heavy snow Monday night 

If i get snow in April that's snow falling every month for 6 months..... impressive by any standard!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

I don't want snow anymore now so sod's law we'll get a foot!

Posted
7 hours ago, Dexter said:

Great metoffice forecast update mentioning the possibility of rain turning to snow on Monday. Could make for an interesting day. 

Surely I'm not the only one left who would enjoy another snowfall still!? Lol! I just enjoy extremes of weather all year round. I don't subscribe to the seemingly popular template that we must have/look for mild/warm and sunny weather now that it is March.

Now that its March?! On Monday it will be April. Considering that November was cold and March has been cold we have now had 5 months of winter. I have absolutely no enthusiasm for a 6th. As someone with an outdoor hobby (cycling) that involves spending hours outside in the weather I literally cannot wait for it to warm up, at least to the point where I wont be uncomfortable.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm happy with the convective season now upon us as we head into April, those who like the snow get some wintryness in the showers along with hail and sometimes thunder. Those who like the warmer weather manage to get warm-sunny breaks between the showers. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
17 minutes ago, trickydicky said:

Now that its March?! On Monday it will be April. Considering that November was cold and March has been cold we have now had 5 months of winter. I have absolutely no enthusiasm for a 6th. As someone with an outdoor hobby (cycling) that involves spending hours outside in the weather I literally cannot wait for it to warm up, at least to the point where I wont be uncomfortable.

Well, yeah, on Monday it will be April...I don't think that is is question...I was making a general observation. I am probably the opposite to you as I love going hill walking in winter and find summer temperatures often too uncomfortable for this. We are all different. Let's be honest, we live in a country that has a great variety of weather throughout the year. Snow in both March and even April is not uncommon which has always been the case in the UK throughout my lifetime, even when I lived further South when I was younger. There is still plenty of time for warm/hot sunny weather to enjoy, and hopefully some cracking storms to go with it. Warm weather can last right to the back end of September in some years. Didn't we reach 30C on 1 October a few years ago?

Posted

I'm not buying the snow graphics for the latest BBC Forecast which showed snow all day on Monday.  I think they are just covering all bases. I'm hoping the South east shield sets up and keeps the cold rain and sleety crud to the south.   All in all a pretty poor outlook this Easter if you've got anything planned outdoors...mmmmm..bit of decorating in order me thinks

Posted

3c cold heavy icy rain.... yey.....can’t see Monday snow... it’ll be north of here... kinder scout might be white when I’m back Tuesday up m1 and over snake....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
3 hours ago, dodgeredee said:

I'm not buying the snow graphics for the latest BBC Forecast which showed snow all day on Monday.  I think they are just covering all bases. I'm hoping the South east shield sets up and keeps the cold rain and sleety crud to the south.   All in all a pretty poor outlook this Easter if you've got anything planned outdoors...mmmmm..bit of decorating in order me thinks

Decorating? 

Better off walking in a blizzard  

• Like 1