Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

Had nice short 2 hour bike ride, and it was rather spring like; and as much as I like snow, it would be nice for some warmth to put in an appearance.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Another cold night; minimum just gone; 0.7°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
On 23/03/2018 at 21:37, Mokidugway said:

Ouch , in conifer tomorrow picking up my digger , might get some chips on way home ..

Did you get your digger?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Morning and happy BST!

ive noticed that the GFS charts don’t seem to want to bring any cold in for Easter and I have 8c forecast from weds to Sat, which I am fine with! No more cold please ?

Posted
27 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

I did ,it's all tucked up and happy now :)

Well done you obviously waited until the race was done and dusted!!

Whereabouts was it at, can only think of one place chastising one at the moment?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
On 23/03/2018 at 21:37, Mokidugway said:

Ouch , in conifer tomorrow picking up my digger , might get some chips on way home ..

1 hour ago, JeffC said:

Did you get your digger?

She must of been a gold one as he was treating her to some chips on the way home...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
38 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Glad she's happy! :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Not sure what answer I might get if I ask if she's a front loader or a back actor! :pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

What a stunning day sunshne from Dawn to Dusk reached 14c mid afternoon shame

It' all down hill next week with LP never far away bringing wet weather with a succession 

Of lows passing over the region,may even be cold enough for wintry PPN over the highest hills

C.S

Posted

A notably cold frosty night last night, frost lingered well into the morning. Was out by Thirlmere and the Reservoir had skittering of ice on it - lack of wind a reason. Tonight will be another cold one.

Overall a much improved weekend compared to last week, temps average and cold at night, but dry and lots of sunshine and light winds - it finally feels like spring. However, it looks delayed again this week here, cold with rain at times and a cold wind, more snow for higher ground - oh dear not the best outlook for the start of the main tourist season in the Lake District. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Despite the Sun it didn’t get that warm today; max 8.5°C. Down to 5.1°C now. 

Posted
12 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

I have no idea why my kindle decided to change needing one to chastising one...

Posted
1 hour ago, damianslaw said:

A notably cold frosty night last night, frost lingered well into the morning. Was out by Thirlmere and the Reservoir had skittering of ice on it - lack of wind a reason. Tonight will be another cold one.

Overall a much improved weekend compared to last week, temps average and cold at night, but dry and lots of sunshine and light winds - it finally feels like spring. However, it looks delayed again this week here, cold with rain at times and a cold wind, more snow for higher ground - oh dear not the best outlook for the start of the main tourist season in the Lake District. 

Not that unusual at Easter though is it? Unless it falls in mid April, cooler weather at Easter is fairly standard, IIRC, 2013 was still giving ice days or close to it over the Easter weekend and the fells were in winter conditions throughout following the heavy snow the weekend before. Made for quite a few incidents on the hills for those not equipped for the conditions.

Posted
19 minutes ago, JeffC said:

Not that unusual at Easter though is it? Unless it falls in mid April, cooler weather at Easter is fairly standard, IIRC, 2013 was still giving ice days or close to it over the Easter weekend and the fells were in winter conditions throughout following the heavy snow the weekend before. Made for quite a few incidents on the hills for those not equipped for the conditions.

Yes more likely to have snow at easter than christmas, and conditions in the fells in late March can be very severe wintry still. Many an easter has delivered cold snowy weather, 2008 good example, also 2013 notably so, that was a very wintry easter, ice days, snow on low ground, the fells caked in the stuff well into April. 

We had three snowy northerlies in 1998, 1999 and 2000. Late April 2016 delivered a snow cover as well..

We need to get April out of the way before we can confidently begin to wave goodbye to winter and even then May can deliver a snowy surprise. However, by May everything feels much much more different to now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
11 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Yes more likely to have snow at easter than christmas, and conditions in the fells in late March can be very severe wintry still. Many an easter has delivered cold snowy weather, 2008 good example, also 2013 notably so, that was a very wintry easter, ice days, snow on low ground, the fells caked in the stuff well into April. 

We had three snowy northerlies in 1998, 1999 and 2000. Late April 2016 delivered a snow cover as well..

We need to get April out of the way before we can confidently begin to wave goodbye to winter and even then May can deliver a snowy surprise. However, by May everything feels much much more different to now.

Yes - latest I saw a cornice on top of  the E headwall on Helvellyn was July

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Little Spanish plume on the end of the 00Z run there. Temps would be in the low 20’s if it comes off. Probably won’t. But first look at something warmer I’ve seen for months! Exciting :) 

• Like 4

Posted

3 sunny days in a row now. Another cold night last night, minimum 2.0°C. 9.0°C now. So excited about looking for the first thunder chances of the year in the next few months. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Went to Chester yesterday and what a glorious day it was. Had first picnic by the wier and a 99 near the boat launch. 

Of only we could have more settled days.

Posted

Wrong thread 

Edited by Cheese Rice
  • Like 1

Posted

Pasta cheese and bacon mixed with mayo and some salad sounds better than cheese rice ?