Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Liverpool Airport TAF also now going for snow from midnight with snow showers following tomorrow so looking good right across to the West of the region.

• Like 5

Posted
56 minutes ago, karyo said:

Updated euro 4 is looking even better! It has upgraded the streamers. In the last easterly the euro 4 was underdoing the precipitation amount so that's great news.

Aprege also looks like streamer heaven!

I just hope the snow is less powdery this time as last time what settled on my balcony would quickly blow away in the wind. Having said that any snow is a bonus this time of the year. 

Looks brilliant mate..

More in November December please :D

• Like 1

Posted

MET app is basically heavy snow showers all tomorrow with temps not getting above freezing IMBY..

Not getting carried away but if showers align there could be 15 to 20 cm here by this time tomorrow :D

Higher up i think we could be talking big totals- like really BIG.

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
24 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

MET app is basically heavy snow showers all tomorrow with temps not getting above freezing IMBY..

Not getting carried away but if showers align there could be 15 to 20 cm here by this time tomorrow :D

Higher up i think we could be talking big totals- like really BIG.

Like Really Big

Never thought I'd see the potential for the same severity twice in a fortnight.

Next it will be the best storms and summer weather we've ever had. 

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 1

Posted

There seems to be quite a signficant theme now across the high res output for quite a notable streamer to affect Northern England. 

If the 06z Arpege verfifies, much of Northern England will get clobbered, including Manchester and Liverpool. icon_smile_shock.gif

https://www.meteociel.com/modeles/arpege.php?ech=40&mode=1&map=330

The HIRLAM has the streamer slightly further south.

Will be a radar job, but currently looking good.

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

There seems to be quite a signficant theme now across the high res output for quite a notable streamer to affect Northern England. 

If the 06z Arpege verfifies, much of Northern England will get clobbered, including Manchester and Liverpool. icon_smile_shock.gif

https://www.meteociel.com/modeles/arpege.php?ech=40&mode=1&map=330

The HIRLAM has the streamer slightly further south.

Will be a radar job, but currently looking good.

Yes, I hope the Hirlam is not right with the placement of the streamer although to be honest it would only need a slight shift north to include us.

Posted
15 minutes ago, karyo said:

Yes, I hope the Hirlam is not right with the placement of the streamer although to be honest it would only need a slight shift north to include us.

Haha, being at the south of the region we want Hirlam to be right! And if we are playing on fairness then you had the streamer last time! haha

Looking at the positive, at least some of us should be happy whichever model 'wins'

Posted
4 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

Haha, being at the south of the region we want Hirlam to be right! And if we are playing on fairness then you had the streamer last time! haha

Looking at the positive, at least some of us should be happy whichever model 'wins'

I think the euro 4 will cater for all of us :)

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Cold and damp , buisy morning beating up snow lovers ,lTS SPRING......

Spring cancelled! Maybe better luck next year Moki :rofl:

5 minutes ago, karyo said:

Lol ,for a little while ,it's coming karyo ????????☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️⛅️⛅️⛅️⛅️⛅️⛅️⛅️⛅️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️?????????????☘️☘️?????????????????????

Posted
1 minute ago, karyo said:

The picture sums it up really.

brokenSpring3.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
3 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Lol ,for a little while ,it's coming karyo ????????☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️⛅️⛅️⛅️⛅️⛅️⛅️⛅️⛅️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️?????????????☘️☘️?????????????????????

Rang the Met Office before, apparently there's a third beast due in April! ? ? ? ? ? ? 

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Rang the Met Office before, apparently there's a third beast due in April! ? ? ? ? ? ? 

Keep them coming! :cold-emoji:

:cold-emoji:

Posted

The Easterly didn't too much here in the way of settling snow last time, too windy really. Got a few inches on the first day and then the sun made light work of it. So not expecting all that much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The metO app keeps downgrading for this part of the region.. here in Sale (south Manchester) we never get snow even when the warnings are out.. oh well at least will be fun my trip to Glossop tomorrow morning..

Posted
10 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

The Easterly didn't too much here in the way of settling snow last time, too windy really. Got a few inches on the first day and then the sun made light work of it. So not expecting all that much.

Yep it will take an awful lot of luck to bring an significant laying snow this far west, it could happen no doubt about that, but not likely at all.     Personally I dont see the appeal of snow unless its going to stick,  I will be watching the radar and hoping for that slim chance, but Id be much happier if next few days were due to be 18C and blue skies. 

Posted
15 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

The snow that fell actually blew away.  it was strange looking at the hills as they looked barren.

Posted
2 minutes ago, chris78 said:

Yep it will take an awful lot of luck to bring an significant laying snow this far west, it could happen no doubt about that, but not likely at all.     Personally I dont see the appeal of snow unless its going to stick,  I will be watching the radar and hoping for that slim chance, but Id be much happier if next few days were due to be 18C and blue skies. 

The overnight snow should stay around for a while (if you get any)

Posted
6 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

The snow that fell actually blew away.  it was strange looking at the hills as they looked barren.

Yes, even i had a very decent cover at first but then the wind kept strengthening and blowing it away. This time at least the wind shouldn't be as strong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Not really expecting much except for from organised fronts/troughs like tomorrow morning. You never know though, might be pleasantly surprised. 

@Dexter Thanks for posting about the TAFs, I forgot. :-)

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

So analysing Liverpool taf shows it is predicting  The following:

likely - 21:00-08:00 - rain and snow, visibility down to 1200 m, broken ceiling at 800 feet.  

the possibility of - 00:00-08:00 - snow, visibility down to 600 m, broken ceiling at 400 feet. 

Likely - 08:00 and there after - snow showers, visibility down to 800 m, broken ceiling at 400 feet.