Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
9 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Lots of arguing in here at the moment 

meant to be a laugh 

I love snow and worry about livestock too and the birds I also eat meat but I also don't control the weather

Some heavy arguing this morning with patches of bickering at times. Very cold with a distinct  feel of unpleasantness in the air.

Looking like a big improvement later with some intervals of sarcasm and food related potential. 

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Some heavy arguing this morning with patches of bickering at times. Very cold with a distinct  feel of unpleasantness in the air.

Looking like a big improvement later with some intervals of sarcasm and food related potential. 

I've got some good recipes up my sleeve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
57 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Some self righteous folk on here it seems.

Nature is nature is nature...that includes suffering/tragedy/ unfortunate events etc etc in any form of life, whether it be farming or in our daily lives. Don't really see the point in getting het up about something we have absolutely no control over. 

If a potent cold spell happens and lambs die, for example, that is nature in its purest form. No need to spout off on here berating people and shaming them for a particular weather preference!

Oh and I'm not a 'city type'. I spent most of my childhood on a farm. My Grandad and his brothers owned one of the largest, most lucrative, farms in Cheshire.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

With the upcoming cold spell was it this farm near Northwich?

http://www.icecreamfarm.co.uk/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
1 minute ago, Had Worse said:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

With the upcoming cold spell was it this farm near Northwich?

http://www.icecreamfarm.co.uk/

No it was down on the Cheshire/Shropshire border. Sold up in 1996 for the biggest farm sale in history in Cheshire (at that point)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

What a vile day today.. only in this region could we miss out on all interesting weather but when there's a band of heavy rain it's here and manages stick around all day. What a joke!

Some eye opening flooding of fields today which doesn't usually happen around here. One thing possible though.. we may not see Spring in the traditional sense. As after flooding we look like going back to harsh winter conditions. 

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I wanted spring warmth and not a return to winter cold but if it offers a rest bite from constant rain then i’ll take it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Quite possibly another one of these in 5 days! Crazy!!!! :cold::cold::cold::cold:

ECH1-120.GIF.thumb.png.fa4c0136591d18a2c3fd05a622201149.png

Posted

anyone for round 2 :D

EC thinks so, starting fri night and through the weekend temps struggling to much above zero by day and sub zero by night and heavy snow showers piling in across the pennines..

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

what we dont want is that grey clag that we eventually got in the last cold spell. It was nice in the sunshine actually at first, even with the biting wind.. however once the grey clag set in with nuisance value snow flurries which were evaporating before they could settle, it was pretty rubbish. 

If this coming easterly delivers sunshine and showers (snow) in a traditional sense, it will be a nice period of weather. I really don't want to rely on vitamin D tablets because we cant string a few sunny days together. 

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 1

Just now, SP1986 said:

what we dont want is that grey clag that we got in the last cold spell. It was nice in the sunshine actually, even with the biting wind.. however once the grey clag set in with nuisance value snow flurries which were evaporating before they could settle, it was pretty rubbish. 

If this coming easterly delivers sunshine and showers (snow) in a traditional sense it will be a nice period of weather. 

It will be crap and the sooner it's over the better ,it's coming ?☀️?⛅️⛈⚡️?????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
53 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

anyone for round 2 :D

EC thinks so, starting fri night and through the weekend temps struggling to much above zero by day and sub zero by night and heavy snow showers piling in across the pennines..

Not much point to it really...after today's relentless rain, the roads are awash, and fields are a muddy badly waterlogged mess. To say that a prolonged dry spell is needed would be the understatement of the year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
1 hour ago, Day 10 said:

Quite possibly another one of these in 5 days! Crazy!!!! :cold::cold::cold::cold:

ECH1-120.GIF.thumb.png.fa4c0136591d18a2c3fd05a622201149.png

UKMO Not on board at the moment as good as the other models are I cannot buy into this cold spell/snap until UKMO come on board.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Still the potential of some lightning on Friday. We could go from that into a cold spell within 24 hours. Exciting. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

If we're not going to see a covering of snow (very likely) then i'd rather the cold stay away tbh, nowt worse than being the only ones in England to miss out.

• Like 2

Posted

Oh dear a rather miserable start to the week, heavy rain through the morning lighter in the afternoon, but it did clear by 4pm and we had a nice sunset. We only have 2 weeks to go before the clocks go forward, and days with two halves become more common i.e. wet mornings followed by dry clear bright afternoons and evenings, and vice versa. The worse thing about winter is a clearing about 3pm, too late to salvage the day, but a clearing about 5pm from late March brings at least 2/3 hours of good conditions and this only increases as we move further through Spring.

The major shift from winter to summer physce is only 2 weeks away.

• Like 2

Posted

Stepping back till next cold spell all my recipes online curtesy of Jamie Oliver see you next cold spell if not will pop in from time 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

A miserable rainy day

Posted

GFS 0Z now showing 511 dam with -13 850s for Sunday morning. We wait 5 years for figures like that and then we get them on 2  separate occasions  within the same month!!!

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold, hot sunny summer's and autumn storms
16 hours ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Suppose you find this hilarious too?

article-2299239-18ED653A000005DC-854_634x485.thumb.jpg.a253ce418a6e8cebbe1b3337ea18ae97.jpg

That's his livelihood.

Fgs who would find dead lambs hilarious?, no one! Im sure he ain't that nasty!