Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well had a nice day in Summerseat/Ramsbottom today. Thankfully the rain stayed off all afternoon, and even saw the sun for a few minutes around midday. By the time I left most of the slush had gone except in shelter. Thankfully didn’t disrupt the ELR timetable. 

Also @iand61 I think you can finish in the Europa league spots The way Arsenal are going. 

• Like 2

Posted

A bit of snow again today. It threatened to settle but now a thaw is under way. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
46 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Well had a nice day in Summerseat/Ramsbottom today. Thankfully the rain stayed off all afternoon, and even saw the sun for a few minutes around midday. By the time I left most of the slush had gone except in shelter. Thankfully didn’t disrupt the ELR timetable. 

Also @iand61 I think you can finish in the Europa league spots The way Arsenal are going. 

Your quite low down there so no surprise that most of the snow had gone but up here it is still pretty deep in places and a lot of side roads are still tricky.

it looks like that’s probably it for heavy snow this winter although up here we seldom go through March and April without seeing at least a few snow showers but TBH all I want now is some sunshine and warmth to accompany the lengthening daylight.

as for Burnley’s chances of European football next season.

possible but we’ve a run of away games coming up and Leicester also have their eye on 7th so ask me again in a couple of weeks or better still in mid May.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Thaw setting in now! Some unbelievable scenes, still folk snowed in in places, imagine how this looked before the thaw and before being dug out when the snow was untouched!! 

32423309-2E86-4B4F-A023-6720B8875AF6.jpeg

441EBF45-4B0B-4CAA-B1A2-16AD14B46273.jpeg

95BD1E10-1D02-47F4-AFE1-6C746CB78225.MP4

E18EA1CE-E543-4B0D-A1F0-1BDDC675D309.jpeg

42E2338A-73CC-4BB3-8A51-FC645E7B41F4.jpeg

065DD8E2-541A-4270-A5E3-D2E17489703F.jpeg

Edited by DisruptiveGust
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Going to be out planting trees in Heyden Valley near Holme Moss tomorrow, hopefully there’s some nice drifts left. #goodbyesnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Temp dropping fast now after a maximum of 5.7°C today. Currently 2.3°C. 

Posted

Seventh consecutive day with snow falling, not bad going. We had some wet snow overnight which settled, but quickly thawed in the morning. A raw cold day further wet snow before lunchtime then just cloudy and grey.

The next few days will be typical March in feel, drab dull chilly wet at times, uninspiring, can we skip March and move straight to April now please..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
40 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Can't believe my county got this much snow 

IMG_1716.JPG

Related imageHeres one thats not obscured to give some sense of scale.

Posted

Well piddling down like a good un good old  British weather when we do get snow can't manage to hold onto it for more than a few days 

stupid sun then rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry

Yesterday started off cold and dry, rained at about 10:00, turned to sleet, then snow presumably evaporative cooling at work, then back to rain and cleared up. Rest of the day was just... Meh.... 

57 minutes ago, JeffC said:

Yesterday started off cold and dry, rained at about 10:00, turned to sleet, then snow presumably evaporative cooling at work, then back to rain and cleared up. Rest of the day was just... Meh.... 

Was in coniston yesterday en route to ullswater , some snow up there ,lol

Posted
10 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Can't believe my county got this much snow 

IMG_1716.JPG

Cumbria probably has the widest range in terms of potential snowiness of all counties depending on where you are. The coastal strip from Barrow up to Silloth is probably as snowless as anywhere in the country in terms of decent settling snow, whereas Alston and Nenthead are the snowiest places in the UK outside of the Scottish highlands. The boundary between pretty bad and pretty good is around Keswick from my experience. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Looking like another snow event tonight for members in the east of the region with altitude 200m+ according to Carol on BBC this morning.

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
18 hours ago, Chris.R said:

Good do.

I'll be over sometime soon when there's less kettles.

• Like 1

Posted

image.thumb.png.8385f1ec75724440a24d52679b75286c.png She doesnt mention it but the graphics point to a spell of snow around midnight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Didn't we have a similar incident a few weeks back when the BBC graphics were showing widespread snow which was at odds with all other forecasts? Haven't got time to dig back through the forum posts atm to remind myself. Metoffice not buying this at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Torrential heavy hail, lots of thunder, gusty wind, making up for missing the weather back home :D

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Jan said:

Torrential heavy hail, lots of thunder, gusty wind, making up for missing the weather back home :D

In Spain?

• Like 1