Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England regional thread 3 /3 onwards

Mokidugway

Posted

TBH im always sad when a thaw comes but im not too disappointed - the cold air reached the region last sunday which means we have had a 7 days cold spell, not a snap, a spell.

Its a great year for me, im going canaries in April, the world cup in june, an 80s rewind festival in august, if we could get a decent summer its all set up for a freezing winter starting in November.

I really hope we get a big SSW in Nov/Dec this year, that would cap a brill year..

• Like 1

Posted

well thats my shopping list for 2018 done and dusted, i will likely spend much less time on here for a while so take care all my fellow north westerners and heres to a decent summer before we start again in November ( a November 1993 would be appreciated weather gods) :D

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Well it's hello to the rain again, it's been awhile.  Still got a reasonable snowy covering but it's looking a bit sorry for itself now after 3 days.

Made the mistake of going tesco in Oldham after work yesterday, and it was bedlam, I've not seen it that busy on the last food shopping day before Christmas.  I think it was a sign of just how many people have been hunkering down while the easterly beast was raging outside.  Anyway looking forward to spring warmth now.  Winter score 8/10.  Would have been 6 had it not been for the Beast.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1

Posted

It’s nice to see a change to the weather as it’s been ridiculously frustrating over the last 7 days. 1 inch fell here last Tuesday and then melted, and any snow on Wednesday was more just blowing in the air. Any snow blew away during the day. The wind was the most exceptional and interesting thing here, and the day time maxima. The minima temps were nothing record breaking, but still low.

i was even expecting a bit of snow this morning before the rain started, but it didn’t even give that, so I do think that this part of the world will struggle for snow in the large teapot.

im looking forward to warmer days and storms this sunmer, as we tend to do better with those.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Steady snow falling here now.

• Like 2

Posted

Massive flakes falling heavy wet snow now

All rain now

Edited by carl1980

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Well I think thats it for snow here until November probably.

I am now ready for Summer.

We have a Solar Minimum which probably means wetter Summers. Hopefully more thunderstorms. :D

• Like 1

Posted

Light sprinkling overnight, hopefully that ppn heading north will stay as snow. Temp 1.6C. 

Looking forward to spring starting now and watching the garden grow but I think this year will be a slow burner, plenty more cold snowy snaps to come and prob lots of sleet and cold rain too! 

Posted

Snowing on Winter Hill.  The Met Office missed the potential for snowfall but got the gloom and precipitation, while the new BBC site seems to think we are having sunshine and showers.  Smallish flakes but not settling except on the remaining snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Heavy snow here now and starting to settle but it must be milder as a couple of days ago every last flake would have stuck.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
5 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Heavy snow here now and starting to settle but it must be milder as a couple of days ago every last flake would have stuck.

Think i’ll Have a drive up

Posted

Heavy snow again here and sticking

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Looks like truly wintery weather could be over until later in the year, snow cover quickly melting here now. Could still get the odd short cold snap even into April but rarely is it severe like recently, really noticing the extra daylight now too. In terms of summer I am not a fan as much as I used to be so from a purely selfish point of view I hope it's cool and wet like 2012. Very warm weather in May I don't mind as it's rarely humid with it. 

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Just now, Frost HoIIow said:

Looks like truly wintery weather could be over until later in the year, could still get the odd short cold snap even into April but rarely is it severe like recently, really noticing the extra daylight now too. In terms of summer I am not a fan as much as I used to be so from a purely selfish point of view I hope it's cool and wet like 2012. Very warm weather in May I don't mind as it's rarely humid with it. 

Cool and wet :bad: though most likely outcome .

Posted

Looking at the radar I expect the snow to stop in the next hour but at the moment it’s still coming down pretty hard.

we’ve had a covering from it though which I didn’t expect after the dreariness of the last couple of days.

Posted

just tried to upload a vid of current conditions, but its too big... Here's a picture from i think either Thursday or Friday morning. Lots of reporting on Scotland, wales, SW... Not so much on Pennines and places like Glossop etc.

IMG-20180303-WA0001.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
2 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Looking at the radar I expect the snow to stop in the next hour but at the moment it’s still coming down pretty hard.

we’ve had a covering from it though which I didn’t expect after the dreariness of the last couple of days.

Should finish in the next 20mins. 

Still plenty of snow up there? 

Posted
22 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Soon just me left in here for summer season :sorry:

No I'm staying 

• Thanks 1