Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Heavy snizzle here in the Surrey Hills. Turning to ❄️❄️:yahoo:

7 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

Fairly persistent snizzle / sleety pellety something in Reigate. 1.2c dp -0.2c

Pretty much the same over here in Merstham, obviously got colder since about 4am as the heating has kicked in. 

Nuffin here atm, very windy tho, keeps threatening then passing

Morning all, small flakes but a lot of them here in Bromley, settling on tops of cars and a little on the grass, hoping temperatures drop away quickly

I woke about 07.20 to howling wind and heavy fine snow.. It's settling on most things but the roads and pavements.

Don't go outside with exposed skin, I went to charge my gas and my hands and face are feeling numb now:cold: 

It’s going to be a memorable Sunday snow day for quite a few. The amber warning area looks solid, going by the latest high res output. Plenty of us will need some luck from the snow fairy so make sure you lucky ones keep posting your photos !! 

As has been said above, concrete ground too wet for sticking at the moment. Needs intensity which isn’t quite there at the moment. 

Coming down heavier, now in Lee and starting to settle on grass and cars.

Regards,

Tom.

How you guys in the South east holding up with this on the way? :laugh: looks like a pretty decent band and it's not moving through quickly either!

Screenshot_20180317-080128.png

Persistent light snow up here with precipitation coming off the north sea being relentless. Shame it isn't heavier at the moment as it is struggling to settle away from favoured surfaces.

Snizzle continuing. No settling.

0.9C.

Radar confirms North London is getting hammered now.  North London crew - can you confirm?

Moderate horizontal snow. 

3 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

It’s going to be a memorable Sunday snow day for quite a few. The amber warning area looks solid, going by the latest high res output. Plenty of us will need some luck from the snow fairy so make sure you lucky ones keep posting your photos !! 

As has been said above, concrete ground too wet for sticking at the moment. Needs intensity which isn’t quite there at the moment. 

Just as a matter of interest, how much snow did you get from the late feb / early March spell?, as with the NW, there seemed to be huge variations in the SE/

Just now, andy_leics22 said:

How you guys in the South east holding up with this on the way? :laugh: looks like a pretty decent band and it's not moving through quickly either!

Screenshot_20180317-080128.png

Heavy snow here, settling everywhere apart from the main road which is still wet from early rain. This is the right kind of snow for snowballs! :D

1 minute ago, mulzy said:

Snizzle continuing. No settling.

0.9C.

Radar confirms North London is getting hammered now.  North London crew - can you confirm?

I can confirm.

Heavy snow been falling for a while now. Everything is white except the road and pavements. Back garden completely covered, so are cars and roofs. 

Just getting started in the fens. Drifting in a strong wind. The wash doing its usual thing.

20180317_080646.jpg

Light here in Herne Bay and settling on cars and grass. Radar looks promising for all

Been snowing since 630am here non stop, as others have said settling easily on trees, cars, grass and sticking to everything giving that Alpine Look, a decent base for later

In Brighton for a couple of days. 3.1c, dewpoint 1c, dry.  Strong Easterly wind as I walked the dog along the seafront at 7:30am.

The flakes are bigger now:)

In Crystal Palace, the snow is settling readily now on grass, not yet on pavements or roads. Temperature 1.1, dew point -0.5.

A nice covering building in Southend now. Roads still clear, but everything else gone white.

8FAF1DC7-B65D-4386-BB7C-C8A4FDB2853D.png

Nothing much here in the western end of this section, but it is coming, radar shows a decent band, could geta couple of cms for you guys further east.

dew points should drop away nicely, as are all other factors that we need to be looking for, over the next 2-3hrs I'd think the snow will be settling more widely, the concrete may take longer simply due to it holding the heat better. I'd have thought by this evening that won't be a factor either.

Looking great for tonight, I'm sticking with the HIRLAM based on how it has handled this first front.

Still waiting! 

Game of scrabble anyone! 😉

(Farnham)