Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Light flakes falling now in Deal. Pond remains liquid as does the bucket on the patio. Thermo says 0*c but I think it's just over, hopefully falling quickly otherwise nothing that falls will accumulate.

• Like 2

Met Office updated forecast for the nearly same ASL location as me just three miles away, shows continuous heavy snow from 10am until midnight. I’ll believe it when I see it :rofl:

B04E2FF5-B1DD-4303-B88B-87FEB3B11909.jpeg

2EB6EDA3-6BC5-4786-96A1-F7BC9339360A.jpeg

5E50F2D4-B24A-40B1-95BB-7072AECF52C9.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Met Office updated forecast for the nearly same ASL location as me just three miles away, shows continuous heavy snow from 10am until midnight. I’ll believe it when I see it :rofl:

B04E2FF5-B1DD-4303-B88B-87FEB3B11909.jpeg

2EB6EDA3-6BC5-4786-96A1-F7BC9339360A.jpeg

5E50F2D4-B24A-40B1-95BB-7072AECF52C9.jpeg

Mine says heavy snow from 8am until 1am tomorrow very very rare for here that would give us more snow than 2.5weeks ago!

Screenshot_20180317-054031.png

Edited by John Michael How
  • Like 2

showers rapidly breaking out behind the main push of cold air now and winds are starting to align more Easterly 

• Like 2

Just started snowing here though facing the Thames it's ridiculously windy you couldn't make out the precip type

• Like 1

Wind increasing and first very fine flakes are blowing in this wind. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Michael How said:

Just started snowing here though facing the Thames it's ridiculously windy you couldn't make out the precip type

Not looking promising for Oxford City trip to Welling today! 

Light snow here now

• Like 2

Surrey Hills, Wotton: temp 2c do 1c

Nothing coming down yet of any type

It’s been snowing lightly for hours. The floor is soaking. Absolutely no chance of it settling.

1 minute ago, Spikey M said:

It’s been snowing lightly for hours. The floor is soaking. Absolutely no chance of it settling.

Has it settled on grass at all? 

Just now, Spikey M said:

Snow can settle on wet ground, it's a myth that it can't, you just need the temp to drop ever so slightly and boom its very strange to watch because you can almost watch puddles turn white 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sidsnake said:

Morning Tom... I follow your posts with interest.. My husband had a brain haemorrhage in 1996.  Has done pretty well.  Yes I think the snow is coming and I might go down to sheep soon before things get bad.  Best wishes to you... 

Hi Sidsnake, thanks for your kind words and hope hubby continues to improve.  Btw, had the results of my MRI brain scan, to investigate, episodic, neuralgic type soreness, on the left hand side of the brain. Consultant Neurologist, at the PRU, in Bromley, after doing a multitude of tests, thought nothing "sinister" was going on and probably,nerve damage ( quite common, after that type of Stroke ) or scar tissue, caused by surgeon tearing ventricle, on left hand side of my brain, when removing drain. And scan, revealed just that, scar tissue but nothing new or sinister, going on. Breathed a huge sigh of relief, at that news, Was a bit spooked, when the Scan was booked for a Sunday, as my negative side thought that Neurologist had arranged, a special, emergency scan, for me. But my sister, Luisa, who used to work in the Radiography dept, at Beckenham's, Sloane hospital, assured me that weekend appts, are now commonplace!!

I digress, my wife, Colette, just left for work and steady snow, is now falling but not settling, yet, here in Lee, SE12.

On that Dutch radar link, I posted, earlier, if you click on the SNEEUW tab, you can see the extent of the snow, stretching, across the southern N.Sea, into Belgium. With another band, leaving Holland, into the North Sea, just to the north of it.

Very best wishes, to yourself, hubby and family.

And hope a lot of members, see some decent snowfall, over next next couple of days.

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That surely can't be back building on the front? That PPN has gone from nothing to boom in 10 minutes.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi Sidsnake, thanks for your kind words and hope hubby continues to improve.  Btw, had the results of my MRI brain scan, to investigate, episodic, neuralgic type soreness, on the left hand side of the brain. Consultant Neurologist, at the PRU, in Bromley, after doing a multitude of tests, thought nothing "sinister" was going on and probably,nerve damage ( quite common, after that type of Stroke ) or scar tissue, caused by surgeon tearing ventricle, on left hand side of my brain, when removing drain. And scan, revealed just that, scar tissue but nothing new or sinister, going on. Breathed a huge sigh of relief, at that news, Was a bit spooked, when the Scan was booked for a Sunday, as my negative side thought that Neurologist had arranged, a special, emergency scan, for me. But my sister, Luisa, who used to work in the Radiography dept, at Beckenham's, Sloane hospital, assured me that weekend appts, are now commonplace!!

I digress, my wife, Colette, just left for work and steady snow, is now falling but not settling, yet, here in Lee, SE12.

On that Dutch radar link, I posted, earlier, if you click on the SNEEUW tab, you can see the extent of the snow, stretching, across the southern N.Sea, into Belgium. With another band, leaving Holland, into the North Sea, just to the north of it.

Very best wishes, to yourself, hubby and family.

And hope a lot of members, see some decent snowfall, over next next couple of days.

Regards,

Tom.

Thank you very much Tom... I hope things go on well for you... No snow as yet but sky ominous... Windy and bitter here 

• Like 1

Light snow.

1.8C

15 minutes ago, Mark Neal. said:

Not looking promising for Oxford City trip to Welling today! 

I'm a Dartford FC supporter in my rare spare time Welling like bexleyheath normally actually gets slightly more snow than Dartford due to the higher elevation even though it's closer to london

Snowing now in NE London 

• Like 2

Snowing on South Norwood (Croydon) yay, long may it continue for everyone

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mark Neal. said:

Has it settled on grass at all? 

Nope