Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Moderate snow being driven around by a strong wind here.  Settling on cars and grass but not pavements yet, although the temp is dropping quickly.  Down to 0.7c now.

• Like 2
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 5.7k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm losing the will to live.  Once again, for those at the back. The main snow risk isn't until 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. The colde

So the cold is almost at an end with a steady thaw expected over the coming days. As such the region will be one again. May I just say that the last week has been a real experience and I must tha

Some people need to grow up. If you want to bicker and snipe do it via PM. Because the rest of us don’t want to know.

Posted Images

Posted

Mod/Heavy snow arrived in Southend. Not settling yet.

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
    14 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Shouldn't be too long.

https://www.buienradar.nl/

Regards,

Tom

Morning Tom... I follow your posts with interest.. My husband had a brain haemorrhage in 1996.  Has done pretty well.  Yes I think the snow is coming and I might go down to sheep soon before things get bad.  Best wishes to you... 

Edited by Sidsnake
    • Like 1
    Posted

Morning from Hawkinge!

A look out the window shows overcast skies. Currently 1.4c with a DP of -1c. Very windy now too.

Looking on net weather radar, looking like snow here and there across the region with some heavier blobs over Suffolk and heading towards north Kent coast.

Have fun everyone and stay safe.

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, more snow and even more snow..Oh and I love a good old Thunderstorm
    30 minutes ago, John Michael How said:

Which models that I see the Hirlam is showing 10-15cms for most of the SE now

Not sure, saw it on twitter will try find the post again, although mention of it in model thread also but 15cm is still extremely rare for this time of year

• Thanks 1
    Posted

Light snow is just starting to fall in Crystal Palace, temperature of 2.5 and falling quickly.

• Like 5

We have a covering here from the band of snow moving south with as yet  nothing much following on the radar

Look s like the shower activitie at the moment is from the wash north 

Sky weather has just forecast has just shown it extending further south with temps remaining around freezing 

Posted

Light flakes falling now in Deal. Pond remains liquid as does the bucket on the patio. Thermo says 0*c but I think it's just over, hopefully falling quickly otherwise nothing that falls will accumulate.

• Like 2
    Posted

Met Office updated forecast for the nearly same ASL location as me just three miles away, shows continuous heavy snow from 10am until midnight. I’ll believe it when I see it :rofl:

B04E2FF5-B1DD-4303-B88B-87FEB3B11909.jpeg

2EB6EDA3-6BC5-4786-96A1-F7BC9339360A.jpeg

5E50F2D4-B24A-40B1-95BB-7072AECF52C9.jpeg

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October
  • Location: Gravesend (by the thames) and work Borough Green deliveries on job around the South east
    5 minutes ago, lottiekent said:

Met Office updated forecast for the nearly same ASL location as me just three miles away, shows continuous heavy snow from 10am until midnight. I’ll believe it when I see it :rofl:

B04E2FF5-B1DD-4303-B88B-87FEB3B11909.jpeg

2EB6EDA3-6BC5-4786-96A1-F7BC9339360A.jpeg

5E50F2D4-B24A-40B1-95BB-7072AECF52C9.jpeg

Mine says heavy snow from 8am until 1am tomorrow very very rare for here that would give us more snow than 2.5weeks ago!

Screenshot_20180317-054031.png

Edited by John Michael How
    • Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, more snow and even more snow..Oh and I love a good old Thunderstorm

showers rapidly breaking out behind the main push of cold air now and winds are starting to align more Easterly 

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow November to March. Heat and sun late April to early October

Just started snowing here though facing the Thames it's ridiculously windy you couldn't make out the precip type

• Like 1
    Posted

Wind increasing and first very fine flakes are blowing in this wind. 

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
    1 minute ago, John Michael How said:

Just started snowing here though facing the Thames it's ridiculously windy you couldn't make out the precip type

Not looking promising for Oxford City trip to Welling today! 

Posted

Light snow here now

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, big storms and extreme weather

The red blob is coming!!!!

B85A6A7B-BD2C-4756-9EE6-BE56D64A2F94.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Surrey Hills, Wotton: temp 2c do 1c

Nothing coming down yet of any type

Posted

It’s been snowing lightly for hours. The floor is soaking. Absolutely no chance of it settling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
    1 minute ago, Spikey M said:

It’s been snowing lightly for hours. The floor is soaking. Absolutely no chance of it settling.

Has it settled on grass at all? 

Posted
    Just now, Spikey M said:

Snow can settle on wet ground, it's a myth that it can't, you just need the temp to drop ever so slightly and boom its very strange to watch because you can almost watch puddles turn white 

• Like 5
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy, wintry weather
    6 minutes ago, Sidsnake said:

Morning Tom... I follow your posts with interest.. My husband had a brain haemorrhage in 1996.  Has done pretty well.  Yes I think the snow is coming and I might go down to sheep soon before things get bad.  Best wishes to you... 

Hi Sidsnake, thanks for your kind words and hope hubby continues to improve.  Btw, had the results of my MRI brain scan, to investigate, episodic, neuralgic type soreness, on the left hand side of the brain. Consultant Neurologist, at the PRU, in Bromley, after doing a multitude of tests, thought nothing "sinister" was going on and probably,nerve damage ( quite common, after that type of Stroke ) or scar tissue, caused by surgeon tearing ventricle, on left hand side of my brain, when removing drain. And scan, revealed just that, scar tissue but nothing new or sinister, going on. Breathed a huge sigh of relief, at that news, Was a bit spooked, when the Scan was booked for a Sunday, as my negative side thought that Neurologist had arranged, a special, emergency scan, for me. But my sister, Luisa, who used to work in the Radiography dept, at Beckenham's, Sloane hospital, assured me that weekend appts, are now commonplace!!

I digress, my wife, Colette, just left for work and steady snow, is now falling but not settling, yet, here in Lee, SE12.

On that Dutch radar link, I posted, earlier, if you click on the SNEEUW tab, you can see the extent of the snow, stretching, across the southern N.Sea, into Belgium. With another band, leaving Holland, into the North Sea, just to the north of it.

Very best wishes, to yourself, hubby and family.

And hope a lot of members, see some decent snowfall, over next next couple of days.

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 4
    • Thanks 1
    Posted

That surely can't be back building on the front? That PPN has gone from nothing to boom in 10 minutes.. 

• Like 1