Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Hello Southeasteners! Today (Saturday) my daughter is going on a coach day trip to Bletchley Park. We live in South Gloucestershire. Can anyone advise what the weather is likely to be en route as we are slightly panicking! Thank you very much. 😨

2 minutes ago, noggin said:

Hello Southeasteners! Today (Saturday) my daughter is going on a coach day trip to Bletchley Park. We live in South Gloucestershire. Can anyone advise what the weather is likely to be en route as we are slightly panicking! Thank you very much. 😨

Reckon it will be fine, but a bit of a nowcast situation. The more disruptive stuff should be a bit south of your daughters route

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Has the snow moved more north???

Not sure - there was an amber warning for up north too so it wasn’t unexpected. The radar doesn’t look that great for our region for tonight but it could change

4 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

Reckon it will be fine, but a bit of a nowcast situation. The more disruptive stuff should be a bit south of your daughters route

Thank you Stu, that is reassuring! Our knowledge of Southeastern geography is sadly not very good and as Nweatherers are a fine bunch of folk I thought I'd pay a visit and ask! 😀😀

In the last lot of snow my other daughter was heavily pregnant, in Somerset, and gave birth to a beautiful baby boy at 2am on 2nd March, at the height of the blizzard. Whilst I love snow, it is happening at inconvenient times lately!

Thank you again and love to all in the SE. 😁😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel things have changed a lot for us down here. The reports say snow tomorrow all day and nine sunday

8 minutes ago, Stu_London said:

Not sure - there was an amber warning for up north too so it wasn’t unexpected. The radar doesn’t look that great for our region for tonight but it could change

I do not understand why you are downbeat. Our region is not expected to see snow until roughly 06:00 hrs & that's when the fun begins

Edited by yamkin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kold weather said:

Wonderful 18z fax chart update, with a classic Thames streamer in place by this point:

fax24s.gif?1

Suspect HIRLAM may not be far off from the mark again but I think we will have to wait till 15z to have a good idea of which model has a good grip. GFS to be fair is also along a similar route, but not as potent.

Beautiful. That's a streamer straight up the Thames Estuary, funnelling into Greater London and beyond.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

I feel things have changed a lot for us down here. The reports say snow tomorrow all day and nine sunday

What has changed? Nothing :wallbash:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, yamkin said:

I do not understand why you are downbeat. Our region is not expected to see snow until roughly 06:00 hrs & that's when the fun begins

Not really downbeat. Most of the action was always going to be tomorrow. 

Snow y’all say?

well it’s raining here lol

11 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

Snow y’all say?

well it’s raining here lol

Our region is not expected to see snow until roughly 06:00 hrs & that's when the fun begins

52 minutes ago, noggin said:

strange time to ask that question.why not just look on the met office website instead .

Not on the radar but there is a very fine drizzle here in South Woodham, the wind feels fresher and the temperature has dropped a little more rapidly in the past hour. Still 4 degrees but feels colder.

9 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Where did you here that forecast?

still the same forecast yesterday evening ,upto 10cm and 25cm on high in the Sw on Sun.dont think any of us in this region will see totals anywhere near that over the weekend.

• Like 1

The gap is closing! Radar not looking bad going into the morning set an alarm for 6...

3338D33D-5C27-47EE-AC0A-FCC3F9B75575.thumb.png.d38c384f4bd6f11f1561c50cc92bfcf2.png >93C781B7-AC99-4B3D-A4B6-4AE139564F18.thumb.png.b4d2b0488cef70a85e929d66244040cc.png

• Like 1

Morning all ,currently 2 c here with sleet ,to my north they now have heavy snow in parts of norfolk as the colder/coldest conditions creep in from the east ,going to be a good couple of days for radar/sky watching for where the heaviest snow falls ,and what's different from last time most of us haven't got to go to work,happy days 

• Like 1

Morning all ,currently 2 c here with sleet ,to my north they now have heavy snow in parts of norfolk as the colder/coldest conditions creep in from the east ,going to be a good couple of days for radar/sky watching for where the heaviest snow falls ,and what's different from last time most of us haven't got to go to work,happy days 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Just got home

light drizzle 4.8c 

Light drizzle with sleety bits in It.

1.1c in kesgrave near Ipswich 

• Like 1

getting cold out their,wind chill already this time tomorrow going to be frigid.shame it's over so quickly.two days is pathetic for a Siberian easterly,why is it going to end so quickly

Edited by SLEETY

Temp here 3.3 DP 2.6. dropping but still has a way to go.

won't be getting much snow I think but will be bitter