Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards


Recommended Posts

Posted
  • Location: Southend-On-Sea, South East Essex.
  • Location: Southend-On-Sea, South East Essex.

    So reading between the lines of the latest METO warnings. Snow possible from Saturday morning through until late Sunday. Saturday day perhaps more patchy in nature and the sun could prevent decent accumulations. But Saturday night and through Sunday perhaps the best chance of accumulating snow through shower trains and perhaps a more organised band nudging up from France. Nice!

    • Like 8
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 5.7k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Top Posters In This Topic

    Popular Posts

    I'm losing the will to live.  Once again, for those at the back. The main snow risk isn't until 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. The colde

    So the cold is almost at an end with a steady thaw expected over the coming days. As such the region will be one again. May I just say that the last week has been a real experience and I must tha

    Some people need to grow up. If you want to bicker and snipe do it via PM. Because the rest of us don’t want to know.

    Posted Images

    Posted
  • Location: Great Yarmouth
  • Location: Great Yarmouth
    1 hour ago, snowrye said:

    Has the forecast dramatically changed?,thought this place would be buzzing,return of the beast,bring it on,hopefully i'll do better than last time,its going to be fun regardless

    Probably because its so warm, many dont even look here when its warm so they may not be aware of the weather turning till later today or tomorrow when the media and forecasts on tv start really talking about it.

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: uxbridge middlesex(south east england)
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days
  • Location: uxbridge middlesex(south east england)

    The beast @no-2 is preety much set in stone now as we move into the weekend.

    Yellow warnings have become extensive for geographical mass!!..

    And the upping to amber in certain parts is looking very likely as we get to saturday.

    A quicker.....yet more potent beast.

    In terms- of snow at least!!!

    Edited by tight isobar
    • Like 5
    • Thanks 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: SW
  • Location: SW
    On 14/03/2018 at 11:18, stainesbloke said:

    Nice morning here with plenty of hazy sunshine and a mild 12C, but that SE’ly wind is pretty gusty. Looks like our region is best (or worst, depending on preferences) placed to see some snow this weekend. Unless that high sinks too far south, still time for that to happen. 

    My pepper and chilli plants are doing well under my new toy (Grow Light Garden by Garland) ???

    13ED0617-F13E-429C-B2FC-6C52EBAE8864.jpeg

    Just ordered one, any comments as how good they are and tips?

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Erith. SE London/kent 40m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
  • Location: Erith. SE London/kent 40m asl

    Could be a lot of snow around by Sunday morning according to this, in fact thats 20cm just south of London, x1.5 for any altitude is potentially at least a foot of snow. So you never know by Sunday evening a foot of snow in Trafalgar Square might not be all that silly after all.:crazy:

    nmm-26-75-0.png

    • Like 5
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: NW LONDON
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
  • Location: NW LONDON
    12 hours ago, snowray said:

    Well I know its only little but I should hope that you get to keep your 1cm for a little longer Lass. 

    If I was you I would get the bucket out, the goat and the sausage and do your old voodoo magic!:laugh: 

     

    71zmZ3J0I5L._AC_SL1024_.jpg

    sorry read that as goat stimulator :oops:got rainy rain here

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Erith. SE London/kent 40m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
  • Location: Erith. SE London/kent 40m asl
    On 14/03/2018 at 11:18, stainesbloke said:

    Nice morning here with plenty of hazy sunshine and a mild 12C, but that SE’ly wind is pretty gusty. Looks like our region is best (or worst, depending on preferences) placed to see some snow this weekend. Unless that high sinks too far south, still time for that to happen. 

    My pepper and chilli plants are doing well under my new toy (Grow Light Garden by Garland) ???

    13ED0617-F13E-429C-B2FC-6C52EBAE8864.jpeg

    Oooooooooooh my word:D, looks like one of them, erm illegal set ups, are you sure they are just harmless pepper and chilli plants sb?:cc_confused:

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Erith. SE London/kent 40m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
  • Location: Erith. SE London/kent 40m asl
    5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

    sorry read that as goat stimulator :oops:got rainy rain here

    Here you go, pick your goat for your stimulator Lass, spot the odd one out and win a prize.:D

    kEYU4iR.jpg

    download-4.jpg

    download-5.jpg

    download-6.jpg

    images-11.jpg

    Edited by snowray
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.

    For the Billy, the Nanny and the Holy Goat - Amen!:crazy:

    image.thumb.jpeg.9f8a06b61bd6d79b1bfa5ffc3342af7a.jpeg

    Edited by Ed Stone
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Erith. SE London/kent 40m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
  • Location: Erith. SE London/kent 40m asl
    5 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

    For the Billy, the Nanny and the Holy Goat - Amen!:crazy:

    image.thumb.jpeg.9f8a06b61bd6d79b1bfa5ffc3342af7a.jpeg

    Oh my Lass is going to have a field day with these goats, that there is a proper voodoo goat too. :yahoo:

    Aren't collies meant to be good around Goats, or is that sheep?:cc_confused:

    download-2.jpg

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Great Yarmouth
  • Location: Great Yarmouth
    31 minutes ago, snowray said:

    Could be a lot of snow around by Sunday morning according to this, in fact thats 20cm just south of London, x1.5 for any altitude is potentially at least a foot of snow. So you never know by Sunday evening a foot of snow in Trafalgar Square might not be all that silly after all.:crazy:

    nmm-26-75-0.png

    you see that tiny area with no snow? that's the triangle, that is.:cold:

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Binfield, Berkshire
  • Location: Binfield, Berkshire
    14 hours ago, snowray said:

    You said that last time too though, and you did ok in the end. Good omen?:laugh:

    Last time I think we had a more favourable wind direction for this area. You never know though.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
  • Location: Beccles, Suffolk.
    5 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

    you see that tiny area with no snow? that's the triangle, that is.:cold:

    Just how exactly does all the snow manage to avoid the ToD like that?

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Bedfordshire 33m above mean sea level
  • Location: Bedfordshire 33m above mean sea level

     

     

    giphy-facebook_s.jpg

    Edited by Dami
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Erith. SE London/kent 40m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
  • Location: Erith. SE London/kent 40m asl
    6 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

    Just how exactly does all the snow manage to avoid the ToD like that?

    Well some place or other on the east coast has to get them polystyrene type snow pellets I guess when we get this type of easterly and heavy snow inland!:whistling:

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Staines, UK or Prague, Czech Republic
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
  • Location: Staines, UK or Prague, Czech Republic
    1 hour ago, Sharpedge said:

    Just ordered one, any comments as how good they are and tips?

    Really impressed with mine! Easy to set up, very useful pamphlet included which gives advice and tips. Basically, the smaller the plants, the closer the light needs to be and the light hood moves up and down to suit. I put the unit in a warm room which the chillis and peppers like. Have put the lights on a timer so don’t need to worry about switching on and off, they come on at 9am and off at 8pm. Hope it works great for you, too. What will you be growing?

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Staines, UK or Prague, Czech Republic
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
  • Location: Staines, UK or Prague, Czech Republic
    50 minutes ago, snowray said:

    Oooooooooooh my word:D, looks like one of them, erm illegal set ups, are you sure they are just harmless pepper and chilli plants sb?:cc_confused:

    Haha! Have had a few suggestive comments about drug farms lol, those days are a couple of decades behind me now ?

    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: SW
  • Location: SW
    11 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

    Really impressed with mine! Easy to set up, very useful pamphlet included which gives advice and tips. Basically, the smaller the plants, the closer the light needs to be and the light hood moves up and down to suit. I put the unit in a warm room which the chillis and peppers like. Have put the lights on a timer so don’t need to worry about switching on and off, they come on at 9am and off at 8pm. Hope it works great for you, too. What will you be growing?

    Thanks for that, not sure yet, my wife will be using it, it’s arrived and looks good.  Could be useful for fresh herbs.

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Erith. SE London/kent 40m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
  • Location: Erith. SE London/kent 40m asl
    31 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

    Haha! Have had a few suggestive comments about drug farms lol, those days are a couple of decades behind me now ?

    Well its your profile pic sb that gives the game away, that hoodie, scruffy Goat-ee and a naughty smile that's obviously been up to something illicit. And what's that I see behind you there, could that be one of them giant bong things that were being imported from Morocco back in the 70's, flower power and all that? In fact I bet that what you had going on in your "allotment" in the quiet Surrey suburbia was on an industrial scale, I mean look at the size of them flames coming out of the top of that thing. :wink::rofl:

    252e02950df14276343533a6edacc0a7.jpg

    Edited by snowray
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Croydon, Surrey
  • Location: Croydon, Surrey

    Supposedly taking part in the Adidas City Run in Fulham on Sunday, they are saying they are monitoring the weather, but now with the yellow warning for Saturday and Sunday, what is the likeliness of them pulling the plug before the weekend? 

    I'm sure the health and safety people are a little concerned right now! 

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Erith. SE London/kent 40m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
  • Location: Erith. SE London/kent 40m asl

    Ok, euro4 now coming into view for Saturday morning 06z, 1st band of snow moving into our area, looks quite heavy too.

    Also Met office now have heavy snow symbols over the SE from Sat evening right through to Sunday morning, check it out.:yahoo:

    18031706_1506.gif

    • Like 4
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: St rads Dover
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
  • Location: St rads Dover
    8 minutes ago, snowray said:

    Ok, euro4 now coming into view for Saturday morning 06z, 1st band of snow moving into our area, looks quite heavy too.

    Also Met office now have heavy snow symbols over the SE from Sat evening right through to Sunday morning, check it out.:yahoo:

    18031706_1506.gif

    In Dover it' from 6am sat till 6am sun.

    • Like 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Erith. SE London/kent 40m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
  • Location: Erith. SE London/kent 40m asl
    2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

    In Dover it' from 6am sat till 6am sun.

    Indeed, Met Office are smelling the coffee, I think that there are going to be a few surprises over the weekend that will create chaos. I'm thinking along the lines of Feb 09 but with higher snow totals possible too.

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Posted
  • Location: Home: Chingford, London (NE). Work: London (Central)
  • Location: Home: Chingford, London (NE). Work: London (Central)

    Although we have a shorter window for convection and snow potential than we did a couple of weeks ago, it’s important to remember that in Feb 09 some of us saw a huge amount of snowfall in only about a 12 hour period. 

    So while this is looking like a relatively short cold spell, some parts of the region could see a lot of snow. 

    • Thanks 2
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    16 minutes ago, snowray said:

    Indeed, Met Office are smelling the coffee, I think that there are going to be a few surprises over the weekend that will create chaos. I'm thinking along the lines of Feb 09 but with higher snow totals possible too.

    Some one say coffee !! :crazy:

    • Like 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Guest
    This topic is now closed to further replies.
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...