Jump to content

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Morning all, some risk of elevated convection tonight near the south coast some models don't agree as per the norm but others do. 

Then tomorrow/afternoon evening looks like another risk of some kind of convection 

 

I can’t wait until we start talking about French imports!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm losing the will to live.  Once again, for those at the back. The main snow risk isn't until 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. The colde

So the cold is almost at an end with a steady thaw expected over the coming days. As such the region will be one again. May I just say that the last week has been a real experience and I must tha

Some people need to grow up. If you want to bicker and snipe do it via PM. Because the rest of us don’t want to know.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, LightningLover said:

I can’t wait until we start talking about French imports!

This will be if they get here, first real import risk, albeit very low and not very high lightning chance. 

I have to say although its relatively cold compared to what we do experience, this is the mildest and most humid I've felt in months 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I met a guy in the station who was bemoaning that the met office charts lag behind so I told him to come and join us here and see the charts and information the knowledgeable posters contribute.:)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Well, I met a guy in the station who was bemoaning that the met office charts lag behind so I told him to come and join us here and see the charts and information the knowledgeable posters contribute.:)

i'd be happy to keep him up to date with forecasts, that's if he doesn't mind added goats, three legged cats and vest making birds:santa-emoji: oh and a wrong forecast of course:santa-emoji:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i'd be happy to keep him up to date with forecasts, that's if he doesn't mind added goats, three legged cats and vest making birds:santa-emoji: oh and a wrong forecast of course:santa-emoji:

I didn't tell him about any of that, didn't want to scare the poor bloke.:cold:

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ed Stone said:

Just yesterday evening, the MAD thread was like a Boxing Day stampede (rampede) outside Harrods; today, however it's more like the queue waiting outside a Soviet era delicatessen!:D

to buy half a sausage to see a family of 6 through winter?

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

to buy half a sausage to see a family of 6 through winter?

Yes comrade, and they would queue all day from 5 in the morning for that half a sausage, and loved every minute of it.:laugh:

682d76b3e871f8fbbce1e5b3aaaadcba.jpg

images-4.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i'd be happy to keep him up to date with forecasts, that's if he doesn't mind added goats, three legged cats and vest making birds:santa-emoji: oh and a wrong forecast of course:santa-emoji:

Whatever you do, don't mention Uranus!:D

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Whatever you do, don't mention Uranus!:D

From what he was saying, i think many passengers who couldnt travel due to snow had already discussed that with the station staff.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, snowray said:

Mainly cloudy but very mild day here today, 14c. 

Still a good chance of something colder towards the end of March on the GFS 12z.:D

gfs-0-300.png

gfs-1-300.png

gfs-2-300.png

better get me sausage out

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

better get me sausage out

If you run out of sausage meat Lass just give them some of your old tripe, blinking Ruskies!:rofl:

  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi peeps good evening hope everyone is keeping well. I have come down with the cold virus ??, so been tucked up in bed all day. 

Looks as if there are some interesting developments going on winter might have a last sting and in a weeks time are we going to be here looking forward to radar watching. Who knows but things are beginning to get interesting we shall see how the next few days pan out on the models.

Anyway peeps I have just had a glass of hot lemon and am going to wrap myself up again in my bed. 

Will speak soon take care best wishes stay saf all. 

????

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, E17boy said:

Hi peeps good evening hope everyone is keeping well. I have come down with the cold virus ??, so been tucked up in bed all day. 

Looks as if there are some interesting developments going on winter might have a last sting and in a weeks time are we going to be here looking forward to radar watching. Who knows but things are beginning to get interesting we shall see how the next few days pan out on the models.

Anyway peeps I have just had a glass of hot lemon and am going to wrap myself up again in my bed. 

Will speak soon take care best wishes stay saf all. 

????

I hope i get a snow grain:drunk-emoji:

Edited by lassie23
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

I hope i get a snow grain:drunk-emoji:

Bless you lassie well I think it is far too early to pinpoint anything at the moment. It's early days but like the last cold spell if the models start showing very cold uppers coming in as we head towards next weekend and beyond then our region might be in business and snow showers will be on the menu. 

Lets see what pans out it might be a watered down down cold snap compared to the depth of cold we had last time. 

The models will only tell so it's a waiting game again. Beast part 2 who knows.

kind regards 

????

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...