Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
2 hours ago, JennyJane1 said:

Just reading about the goats hooves being overgrown.. If it weren't for human interventions - how would goats otherwise deal with this issue?.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
3 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

Just reading about the goats hooves being overgrown.. If it weren't for human interventions - how would goats otherwise deal with this issue?.. 

Poor thing I bet they were quite painful :(

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

good question.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
6 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

They'd stick to main roads...

Posted
4 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

I meant she was doing well to have reached the age of 102.My own mother and father have been dead for years.

Sorry I was not criticising you if that is what you felt in the slightest. Just stating the circumstances. To be honest very upsetting to cope with week in and week out. Such is life. I am by no means alone. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Well erm back to the weather....anyone spotted this evenings ECM, look at all that cold to our east, D10 I know but White Easter potential there.:whistling:

ECM1-240.gif

ECM0-240.gif

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Snipper said:

Sorry I was not criticising you if that is what you felt in the slightest. Just stating the circumstances. To be honest very upsetting to cope with week in and week out. Such is life. I am by no means alone. 

I understand, it must be a horrible thing to have to see.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Snipper said:

I'm in the same boat mate, i really do understand you. My mums 87 with Alzheimers and two types of cancer, though shes had fantastic treatment last year for the cancer and doing well on that front, even her GP can't believe how well she's done. The dementia is the worse thing, and she can be very difficult at times, get quite agressive too, but only towards me.

Edited by snowray

19 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Your far from alone , and I feel for you I really do 

i am a private carer and go to ppls homes .. some family’s care ... some don’t ! The ones that do are tied and torn to what is best for their elderly parents ... care homes DONT CARE ! The state of them and the price of them is outrageous to put it mildly ...one lady I looked after was 97 she went into a care home for a week come back home and the week after died ... they never changed her clothes , left her false teeth in just kept plastering the gunk on to keep them in ... dumped her in the bed and left her the bed sores were a grade 4 but the time she got home ... if your loved ones are in a “ care home “ please keep a eye out on their standard of care .. question EVERYTHING ... after all £1000 a week shouldn’t we all expect the top care ? Oh and check medication !! They also zombifi them to the point that they don’t know who you are ( this is my opinion ) and maybe not all care homes are the same .

Edited by Snowflake Queen
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
16 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

What's up Pete.. You looking forward to your match tonight?

I've been reading how Juventus plan to play you at your own game tonight by playing dirty :whistling:

Posted
1 minute ago, D.V.R said:

What's up Pete.. You looking forward to your match tonight?

I've been reading how Juventus plan to play you at your own game tonight by playing dirty :whistling:

I am. And then, maybe I'm not. I'll let you know when it's finished - when Adele has sung.:help:

10 minutes ago, snowray said:

I'm in the same boat mate, i really do understand you. My mums 87 with Alzheimers and two types of cancer, though shes had fantastic treatment last year for the cancer and doing well on that front, even her GP can't believe how well she's done. The dementia is the worse thing, and she can be very difficult at times, get quite agressive too, but only towards me.

May I ask is it vascular dementia? 

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Your far from alone , and I feel for you I really do 

i am a private carer and go to ppls homes .. some family’s care ... some don’t ! The ones that do are tied and torn to what is best for their elderly parents ... care homes DONT CARE ! The state of them and the price of them is outrageous to put it mildly ...one lady I looked after was 97 she went into a care home for a week come back home and the week after died ... they never changed her clothes , left her false teeth in just kept plastering the gunk on to keep them in ... dumped her in the bed and left her the bed sores were a grade 4 but the time she got home ... if your loved ones are in a “ care home “ please keep a eye out on their standard of care .. question EVERYTHING ... after all £1000 a week shouldn’t we all expect the top care ? 

Well all I can say where mother is they do care. Walk in front door it smells ok. Food good. As far as I can ascertain care is good. I am advised if there is a perceived problem. My mother always looks clean as do her clothes, apart from the odd canteen medal occasionally. I always make a point of turning up erratically. 

2 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Nope just getting old, tired and depressed. 

That was at snowray as he said about dementia...glad you have found a good care home but still doesn’t hurt to poke about and ask questions now and then , would be much better if all these care homes wasn’t private .. put them under the councils that way they can’t rate them selfs .. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

May I ask is it vascular dementia? 

Yes SQ. She's living with me now, carers do come in though. Friends and family have advised me to put her away in a home, but for now she's staying with me. I have a granny annexe which is handy, but I use that myself to preserve my own sanity if you know what I mean.:)

• Like 2

Just now, snowray said:

Yes SQ. She's living with me now, carers do come in though. Friends and family have advised me to put her away in a home, but for now she's staying with me. I have a granny annexe which is handy, but I use that myself to preserve my own sanity if you know what I mean.:)

So easy for everyone else to say put them in a care home :( but she’s your mum ... no matter how much she’s changed ( good and bad days ) and the bad days must be getting more often for you ? Make sure you have your own time like you have mentioned as it is very important! Wish you all the best x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
50 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

hoof files?

41 minutes ago, snowray said:

Well erm back to the weather....anyone spotted this evenings ECM, look at all that cold to our east, D10 I know but White Easter potential there.:whistling:

ECM1-240.gif

ECM0-240.gif

any chance of it getting sucked west

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

So easy for everyone else to say put them in a care home :( but she’s your mum ... no matter how much she’s changed ( good and bad days ) and the bad days must be getting more often for you ? Make sure you have your own time like you have mentioned as it is very important! Wish you all the best x

I really do feel for you guys. My grandmother lived until she was 101, and here last few years were spent in a care-home; whenever we went to see her she said we were only after her money. Silly, you might say but age does that to people...the happiest memory I have of her is when she and I were arguing over whether the precipitation falling was sleet or snow; it was December 26th 1962! 

My mother is now 88 and my stepfather 86 and suffering from Parkinson's so I guess I, and my two bros have some rather traumatic times ahead?

God, how time flies - tempus fugit and all that!

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

hoof files?

any chance of it getting sucked west

We might as well all start now then, ok all together, turn facing east, and start sucking!:rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, snowray said:

We might as well all start now then, ok all together, turn facing east, and start sucking!:rofl:

the sucking worked last week, if we suck enough again, there is no end to what our sucking can achieve :shok:

Posted
2 hours ago, shotski said:

The Frogs have spoken, 17 clumps over night. Winters over...?

0F93B7A1-BCEE-48D6-8536-7C2F204C2131.jpeg

Famous last words. :D I don’t think we’re quite done yet... the models as a whole are going colder mid month.

C2C1474A-C904-44F7-B3A2-15DFA410E012.thumb.png.5b35b4ece31fdcbc8de46c65aa895d6d.png

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Thanks SQ. The only way forward that I have found with mum that works is to not take things too seriously, develop a sense of humour, and try to detach, if you get over emotional or sentimental about things all the time then its all going to go down hill fast. And If things get silly, then fine, sometimes we are like two kids, she's into balloons right now, it was colouring books before Christmas, although she's still waiting for Christmas day now. A certain amount of spirituality certainly helps too.

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

the sucking worked last week, if we suck enough again, there is no end to what our sucking can achieve :shok:

Yes but last week we must have sucked too hard, I mean the easterly just kept on going across the Atlantic to North America so 2 weeks of blizzards turned into 4 days!:cc_confused:

Really got to get the sucking right this time:)