Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, D.V.R said:

I've never tried cocks - have you?:oops:

Sure, free range castrated cockerels are the best, In other words Capons, they are extra big and juicy.:) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

who cocked up our cold spell

I know, should have lasted 2 weeks, someone cocked it up, blinking models and too much of a good thing SSW, and now back to this gloomy, cloudy, drizzly, horrible, mild winter rubbish.:bad::doh:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

thunder. 30c and thunderstorms.  <3

• Like 5

It’s shuch fun getting to know ppl on this thread ... today what have we learnt... E17 is bashing his last lollipop stick , lassie had left his goat at home , Donna runs a hotel ( like all us mums ) ... ed likes a bit of spotted dick .... sorry if I miss anyone out this is just so far feel free to add 

Edited by Snowflake Queen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
29 minutes ago, Surrey said:

The quiet period after a cold spell eh? 

Even up to Friday we were doing 50+ pages a day or close too.. 

It just goes to show how many people at heart really do love snow! 

My attention now turns to 3 things, 

April showers (our first chance at a rumble of thunder or 2) 

Early warmth, usually by mid March 

And finally watching the heat slowly build to our south ready to tap into come late May early June. 

April showers can be very interesting, get the right synoptics in and convection really starts to get going. Can’t wait for some warm weather but have a feeling it’s going to be quite a wait...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
5 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Will take 30c up and keep ya thunder ??

depends where you are.. 30c in London is horrible, but on a island close to the sea it's heaven.. I prefer temps between 22 - 26 in London:)

Edited by D.V.R
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, D.V.R said:

depends where you are.. 30c in London is horrible, but on a island close to the sea is heaven.. I prefer temps between 22 - 26 in London:)

No 30 deg in London I agree is a nightmare especially on the underground it's like a oven. 

Hi Snowflake Queen hi stainesbloke. On the train now coming back to London horrible out there, but seeing all you sweet peeps on here always brings the smile ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.
1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Turkey , Spain and Greece that’s where I will be :) 

At the same time?.. jokes!

When are you going?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
1 hour ago, D.V.R said:

Wow, my youngest son suffers the same way in spring and summer.. His skin breaks out in yellowy spots, he gets wheezy, eyes swell up, nose blocks up and just like you,  we have to constantly give him drugs and creams. I feel so sorry for him he's such a handsome little boy when he clears hings with just 

before i had kids i had no idea what a horrible things allergies were, i thought you would just take a pill and it would just go away. He is also severely asthmatic, any of his allergies could cause a asthma attack. Hes allergic to EVERY nut, He needs eppi pens for that, hes allergic to cat, dogs, grass, trees. the thing is though he is so fit he plays football and  snowboarding all the time and we walk a lot for miles during the weekends. we just dose him up everyday. we try and let him have as much of an ordinary life as we can, we don't wrap him up in cotton wool, i want him to be a kid and enjoy his life as much as he can. its so tough for him though because he sees his allergies as a huge weakness and is extremely embarrassed of them especially his nut allergy, because he needs to carry the eppi pens with him all the time it really embarrasses him but he is now getting to the age where he does thing s with his friends without me and he needs to be grown up about it all. hes really lucky though he has some good friends and they all know about his allergies. i really hope your little one grows out of it. its heartbreaking to see them struggle with this.:friends::friends:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
23 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Is it ? Is it really thou  :bad:

Yer nae meant to eat it!:rofl:

Posted
1 minute ago, E17boy said:

No 30 deg in London I agree is a nightmare especially on the underground it's like a oven. 

Hi Snowflake Queen hi stainesbloke. On the train now coming back to London horrible out there, but seeing all you sweet peeps on here always brings the smile ?

Awww your really sweet E17 :give_rose:

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, E17boy said:

Aww E17 very lovely of you .. also next time your on a hot train take some Evian spray it’s the best ! 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

before i had kids i had no idea what a horrible things allergies were, i thought you would just take a pill and it would just go away. He is also severely asthmatic, any of his allergies could cause a asthma attack. Hes allergic to EVERY nut, He needs eppi pens for that, hes allergic to cat, dogs, grass, trees. the thing is though he is so fit he plays football and  snowboarding all the time and we walk a lot for miles during the weekends. we just dose him up everyday. we try and let him have as much of an ordinary life as we can, we don't wrap him up in cotton wool, i want him to be a kid and enjoy his life as much as he can. its so tough for him though because he sees his allergies as a huge weakness and is extremely embarrassed of them especially his nut allergy, because he needs to carry the eppi pens with him all the time it really embarrasses him but he is now getting to the age where he does thing s with his friends without me and he needs to be grown up about it all. hes really lucky though he has some good friends and they all know about his allergies. i really hope your little one grows out of it. its heartbreaking to see them struggle with this.:friends::friends:

Heartbreaking when little ones are ill or have things wrong ... as a parent you wish you could take it all away from them ... hugs 

• Like 1

Posted

Well less than a week since the beast unleashed its fury on us and you wouldn’t think it had ever happened out there. Snow all but gone here. ?

• Like 2

Posted

no dami love?:sorry:

• Like 1

Posted
48 minutes ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Will take 30c up and keep ya thunder ??

oh no. can't beat a bit of banging.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, c00ps said:

Well less than a week since the beast unleashed its fury on us and you wouldn’t think it had ever happened out there. Snow all but gone here. ?

garden looked ace in snow:sorry: i'm hoping for another ssw that cooks the enter planet, surely we will get a two week cold spell from that

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

garden looked ace in snow:sorry: i'm hoping for another ssw that cooks the enter planet, surely we will get a two week cold spell from that

god I don't. Hubs have brought me a spring coat.