Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
22 hours ago, Sweetdream said:

Sorry mate.     You must miss him.         They may make a mess but it’s easy cleanable. I have ASTRO TURF so cleans easy and gets  disinfected. 

Suppose he s had too learn to climb trees to hide his bones now they can't be buried :unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Just now, Sweetdream said:

I’m ready for summer lol

Oh god yes, I want the sun now if I can't have any more snow.:D

SSW still playing tricks though I think.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 minutes ago, Sweetdream said:

I’m ready for summer lol

Me too

b859a33c7f737707bdcc488b17873eef--epic-f

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowray said:

Please no more snow. I had to use the scooperto shovel the snow to clean up after my dogs. ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
  • Location: North of Steyning - West Sussex - some 10 miles south of Horsham
29 minutes ago, Bricriu said:

Well i was going to hibernate till next winter, but if there is even a slim chance of snow(as some models suggest) within the next 10 days i'll postpone that.

Maybe on the 10th day or just beyond.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 minute ago, Sweetdream said:

Please no more snow. I had to use the scooperto shovel the snow to clean up after my dogs. ?

Well here it was certainly very cold, and windy, and it snowed on and off for 4 days. But the end result the night before the thaw was 8cm, think it had been a bit more than that, like 10cm after some heavy showers on Weds evening but I mainly had lots of flurries, some heavy ones, but still only flurries.

Posted
6 minutes ago, snowray said:

Well here it was certainly very cold, and windy, and it snowed on and off for 4 days. But the end result the night before the thaw was 8cm, think it had been a bit more than that, like 10cm after some heavy showers on Weds evening but I mainly had lots of flurries, some heavy ones, but still only flurries.

I was surprised to have falling and setting snow for 5 days. We dont normally get it here with an easterly.  as to far north in east anglia but also further inland. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
46 minutes ago, snowray said:

white easter for all:drunk-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

No lass please I’ve had my fill of the white stuff 

lol no comment:ninja:

Posted
7 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

white easter for all:drunk-emoji:

Ohhhh I'm dreaming of a Whiiiiitttte Easter, just like them ones I used to kno....:drunk:

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, snowray said:

Ohhhh I'm dreaming of a Whiiiiitttte Easter, just like them ones I used to kno....:drunk:

gfs say yes:acute::drunk-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
36 minutes ago, Sweetdream said:

I was surprised to have falling and setting snow for 5 days. We dont normally get it here with an easterly.  as to far north in east anglia but also further inland. 

Places furtherwest do better sometimes though on an easterly, people forget this sometimes. Remember the Polysterene ice pellets that hit Southend in 2009 when everywhere in the SE got piles of snow:?:)

Posted
1 minute ago, snowray said:

Places furtherwest do better sometimes though on an easterly, people forget this sometimes. Remember the Polysterene ice pellets that hit Southend in 2009 when everywhere in the SE got piles of snow:?:)

I know in 2010 the whole country was covered in snow apart from upland in east anglia. We were the only ones who didn’t even get a flake. Lol 

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

gfs say yes:acute::drunk-emoji:

I can remember more snow events Easter that around Christmas, it can still snow in the SE for well over a month from now though, I remember heavy snow in Kent and Essex in late April, don't hang around long though of course. But am just as happy if Easter is BBQ weather...I know what, you can do us a BBQ for easter, I hear you have some goat over your way, mmm, sounds lovely, BBQ curried goat at Lassie's place.:laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Sweetdream said:

I know in 2010 the whole country was covered in snow apart from upland in east anglia. We were the only ones who didn’t even get a flake. Lol 

Yes its a strange old thing the weather, i usually do just slightly better than London here. So if London gets 5-6 cm, I might have 8-10cm around this way.

As for heavy and deep settled around here the top 3 years that I can remember anyway are as follows:

1st 1987

2nd 1991

3rd 2009

Edited by snowray

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowray said:

I can remember more snow events Easter that around Christmas, it can still snow in the SE for well over a month from now though, I remember heavy snow in Kent and Essex in late April, don't hang around long though of course. But am just as happy if Easter is BBQ weather...I know what, you can do us a BBQ for easter, I hear you have some goat over your way, mmm, sounds lovely, BBQ curried goat at Lassie's place.:laugh:

i'm hoping for SSW, sudden snowy weather, at easter, my goat we be spared until may day bank holiday BBQ instead, if it is warm at easter, the goat gets it:nonono:

Posted
5 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

i'm hoping for SSW, sudden snowy weather, at easter, my goat we be spared until may day bank holiday BBQ instead, if it is warm at easter, the goat gets it:nonono:

You got me salivating now for a tasty bit....:spiteful:

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowray said:

You got me salivating now for a tasty bit....:spiteful:

i'll save you a leg

• Like 1