SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 03/03/2018 onwards

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm losing the will to live.  Once again, for those at the back. The main snow risk isn't until 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. 4pm onwards. The colde

So the cold is almost at an end with a steady thaw expected over the coming days. As such the region will be one again. May I just say that the last week has been a real experience and I must tha

Some people need to grow up. If you want to bicker and snipe do it via PM. Because the rest of us don’t want to know.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Typical woman eh? Turn on the water-works as soon as things start to get too hot!:D:sorry:

And they go all droopy ?

i’ll get me coat ?

• Haha 3
41 minutes ago, TROY said:

Nice to see everyones had the snow fix. Now lets look forward to Summer. When the sun does come out we should get back to double figures. Hopefully some nice thunderstorms again in July. Seeing as the big storms last two years have been in July. Clocks go forward in two weeks.

The daffs are slowly lifting back up after being buried in the snow. Good Health to you all. :hi:

Daffs are quite hardy, they don't seem to mind the snow.

27 minutes ago, Come rain snow or shine said:

Absolutely by no means. The synoptics aside, frogs can be mating here in Jan/Feb one night, then wake up one day to see snow falling. It happens. We have a pond, lol. 2 or 3 nights before the beast hit last week, i saw a female great crested newt on the hunt for food. Hope she made it to somewhere not mega freezing.

We had a pet newt for a few weeks when I was a child, kept it in a washing up bowl, can't remember what we fed it, my father was a builder and he was putting these huge concrete posts in holes for a fence, saw something staggering about in the bottom of the hole and it was a poor newt he had bashed on the head with the concrete, and concussed it.When it was well he let it go again.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

Daffs are quite hardy, they don't seem to mind the snow.

The well advanced ones here were not at all keen on the mega cold at night. The leaves and budding stems drooped big time - without any snow on them to weigh them down.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

my parsnip froze:vava: raining 9c, back to the usual schlop

Parsnips are fine during and after frost. They can be kept in the ground all winter. I dug two up today and -  they were in very good condition and tasted yummy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The snow has gone and so has 99 percent of the SE thread posters, oh well, back to one post a month, hopefully not from me because chances are it will be off topic:oops:

• Haha 1

I hope you all enjoyed the snow, I loved it apart from when my partner took two hours to get home and I was very worried! 

On the Wednesday night before the snow turned fine and drifty, we had snowflakes visible to the naked eye. There was this one snowflake I saw walking home that looked soo much bigger than the rest that I had to photograph it!

Roll on spring and summer now - I have a polytunnel to put up and the thunderstorms and plumes to look forward to!

IMG_0973.JPG

• Like 2

I sort of love that the rain has come back, I missed the sound, but I can't helping thinking what a waste of ppn.

Rain showers always seem to be so much longer in duration than snow too! I'm wondering if this just confirmation bias or a fact.

Despite the warmth of today the pond at the gym was still frozen and a bit of snow around.

• Like 5
35 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

It's cloudy, 5C and peesing it down...My beautiful snowdrift is starting to look a bit sorry for itself; I fear its days are numbered!:sorry::cray::help:

Not raining here but very dark and gloomy and depressing, pavements still very icy

• Thanks 1
Just now, Cold weather said:

Still got some lying snow :yahoo:

99.9% gone here of what was once a snowman... it feels so mild despite not being, the birds are making a racket. I bet they’re happy it must have been tough.